“Relaxing and enjoyable stay.”

Sheraton Wilmington South
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in New Castle
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 2 November 2013

The rooms are super clean, the decor is somewhat sophisticated, our room had a tub and a shower- a real plus. The sheet were gorgeously crisp but soft, and definitely had a high thread count. We had a beautiful view from our 6th floor room. The staff is very helpful and enjoyable. Free amenities include wi-if in the room, parking, bottled water, and warm cookies with hot apple cider in the lobby. The only negative was the food in the hotel restaurant. Our pizza and salad weren't very good. And there isn't another restaurant close by. But that was minor for us. Our stay was great.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 1 November 2013

This is by far the best hotel I have stayed in while visiting Wilmington. Location is great, just off the highway. Rooms are very clean and the furniture is modern. They have great customer service and very helpful staff esp Abha at the front desk.

Highly recommended for anyone who's visiting Wilmington!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank saad a
Reviewed 28 October 2013

This well-appointed business traveler hotel is convenient to the airport and not much else. Fortunately, the property has an inviting bar, a nice restaurant and very well-appointed common areas and exercise facilties plus spa and pool.

The decor is worthy of a higher-priced property; too bad our room's cleanliness didn't earn high marks. This is a definite area of improvement as is the professionalism and courtesy of the front desk staff, some of whom were lukewarm while others were stiff & chilly.

All in all, lovely enough but not a hotel we could love.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 October 2013

The location of this hotel is ideal. Unlike the Sheraton in Wilmington and the DuPont Hotel, parking is not an issue. Our room was comfortable and very large. The Club Lounge was fantastic. We enjoyed the night time choices and the morning breakfast. They even had honey and silk milk for your coffee or tea. Not being able to have dairy products, this was a huge plus for me. Not listed on their website, but they do have bathrobes! We are already planning our next visit to Delaware and will be staying here for sure!

Room Tip: We had a non-adjoining room on the club level. It was a suite having a living room with separate bed...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Beautiful suite (#403) with french doors between the King Bedroom and sitting area. Spa tub and walk in shower in huge bathroom. Superb cleanliness and plenty of outlets for plugging in computer and smart phones. Location is excellent for travel to Philadelphia, Dover Air Force Base, Dover International Speeway, etc. Pool and spa were wonderful. As we were returning home my wife and I remembered we had forgotten to leave a tip for the housekeeping staff, which we always do, and we talked about mailing a tip to the hotel for the housekeepers. However when we stopped for dinner along our return route, I checked my email and found a mailing from housekeeping stating that when they checked the room a "plush" bathrobe was missing. The email stated the "plush" robe was an amenity provided to guests. That we may have inadvertently packed it, because we may have intended to purchase one, and if we didn't return it the hotel would bill us $95.00. Upon our arrival we checked the room for what was provided and no "plush" robe, or robe of any kind, was either in the closet, bureau or bathroom. If we had known there should have been one, we most certainly would have notified the desk to have one placed in the room. Both my wife and I are infuriated about the assumptions made in the email. It placed a cloud over what was a wonderful place to stay as a traveller.

Room Tip: Room #403 is a wonderful room.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 October 2013

It was a busy weekend and the hotel was fully booked. I needed a room badly for two business colleagues from Finland. Just when I thought all hope was lost, duty manager (Zack) stepped in and saved the day. He made available a Club level deluxe room facing 1-95 and gave my guests such attention that they're already clamoring to return to Delaware.

Room Tip: Overlooking 1-95 and watching those cars zoom past was a good experience
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Ogechi N
Reviewed 16 October 2013

I have stayed at Sheraton's before, but this hotel was beyond my expectations. They had a bellman who took our bags to our room (with a tip), but that service wasn't expected since I haven't had that at other Sheraton's. This hotel is very nice inside but the location is a bit off considering it is so close to the highway that I almost missed the exit. There was a wedding going on and we could hear the noise from the bands/DJ but the room was so cozy that we didn't mind it. My friends had an upgrade to a much larger room than mine and it was nice as well, I would recommend this hotel to EVERYONE! The staff was nice even though there was so much going on in the hotel. I look forward to staying here again...

Room Tip: I would upgrade that extra 20-50 for the Deluxe room if possible because it is a great size for the...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
5 mi away
Sheraton Suites Wilmington Downtown Hotel
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Wilmington
Hampton Inn & Suites Wilmington Christiana

Been to Sheraton Wilmington South? Share your experiences!