“Excellent service”

GreenLeadersGold level
New Castle, Delaware
“Excellent service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2014

Abha (in the front desk) provided excellent customer service. She helped me in several occasions. On one occasion, I was running out the door (rushing to work) and she was able to take care of my accommodations without me being there to complete the process. You could truly rely on them to get the job done. Sometimes it’s the small things that count (and go along way). Thanks!

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Dustin R, Manager at Sheraton Wilmington South, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
JA305, we are happy that Abha at the front desk was able to accommodate your needs for future stays with us without you having to go through the hassle of waiting for the reservations to be made. You are correct that it’s the smallest things that go such a long way. We always look for ways to anticipate our guest's needs and Abha does a very good job of that. Thank you for sharing your experience and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Reston VA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2014

"Ding ding" incessant elevator noise invades the room. I95 traffic noise is annoying. The room did not have a fridge or microwave. The Internet was painfully slow. The fire alarm went off and remained on for two hours forcing us out into frigid sub freezing temperatures. Workmen out in the hall felt compelled to shout to one another disrupting the morning. Hotel staff had noisy conversations in the hall out side our rooms. Hotel cleaning staff run the vacuum in the hall before 8am and start knocking on the door at 8am. The staff put me in a handicapped room despite my objection and it lacked a bathroom counter so toiletries had to be put on an nest able toilet tank where they would slip off and land on floor. No tub. Awkward shower area. Inconvenient parking. Indoor pool and gym where both closed. This was a horrible visit compounded by an uncaring staff.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel. Otherwise get a room overlooking the swamp rather than being on I95. Don't ge...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank er20194
Thank you er20194 for sharing your experience with us. We are terribly sorry that you had encountered those inconveniences and I assure you they have all been addressed. During the time of your visit, we had just been subjected to unforeseen damages to the building due to the arctic temperatures that hindered our region. The damages were a result of a frozen water main that burst and flooded an entire wing on two of our floors and caused severe damage to our Sheraton Fitness and pool areas. The noise mentioned was from an outside restoration crew that was here cleaning up and repairing all of the damages. We strive to provide excellent customer service and are sorry we failed to meet your expectation. We hope that you have an opportunity to come see us again as the entire hotel is back normal.
D.C.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

This is one of the finest "regular" Starwood properties we have had the pleasure to stay with. Donna at the front desk made check-in a breeze and made certain the our one-night stay was more than perfect. This hotel is one of the newer, cleaner and nicer hotel properties in New Castle and we will continue to come back!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014

After checking in my fiancee and I went straight to the room to put down my bags and settle in. Using the keycard provided by the front desk he opened the door for me. Immediately I heard a woman who happened to have just gotten out of the shower yell out "there's someone in here". We retreated and went to the front desk to alert them they had given us the incorrect room key. Not only were we rudely treated and the front desk person and then manager dismissed the incident as if it was a no big deal and a common occurrence at the establishment.

My Issues:

1. SECURITY, SECURITY, SECURITY, SECURITY! You pay for a room hoping that everyone and anyone cant have access... wether you are there or out of the room. Needless to say this is not a priority. Also I often travel for business and pleasure alone... What message did the Sheraton send me. SINGLE FEMALES ARE UNSAFE!!!

2. Your valuables are unsafe. After the front desk person and manager both dismissed the incident as if it was a no big deal and a common occurrence at the establishment I have to only conclude they simply don't care.

3. Your BUSINESS IS NOT VALUED. We were treated as if we were being a nuance when we requested another room. UUUMMM, I am so sorry there is a naked women in my room.

4. COSTUMER SERVICE = LACKING AT BEST. After we lugged our bags up to the 1st room, dragged them back down, no one offered to help us with them. Not even the simple gesture of 'can I help you with that', nope we were tossed (and I mean I literally had to stop the new room keys from flying off the counter) the new room keys and dismissed.

A simple apology and kinder service would have gone a long way. My fiancee booked the room at the Sheraton because of its proximity to the Prometric Testing Center and because he stays w/Sheraton frequently. I am prefer of a different chain of hotels, which is where we will be staying from now on.

On a positive note:
The chef was excellent. The food was excellent. Great flavors!

Room service lacking (maybe I'm asking for too much when I ask for my hot food hot and cold food cold). To their credit they recognized the error (bringing up a cold brownie and melted ice cream - it's supposed to be a warm brownie with vanilla ice cream). As soon as my fiancee pointed this out to them they kindly corrected the error. We were so impressed by this - a common occurrence anywhere else - that we doubled their tip.

Unfortunately for the Sheraton they lost the business of two very successful physicians, who frequently travel for business and pleasure.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
5 Thank DrSnowBear
Dustin R, Manager at Sheraton Wilmington South, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Thank you Drsnowbear for sharing your experience. As I stated in the message I previously sent you, security is our number one priority. We look forward to connecting with you in order to identify any potential changes we may need to make to our security procedures that are already in place. We also apologize that you were left feeling unvalued and that the security risk is something of a normal occurrence. I assure you this is not the case and we have already addressed your concerns to ensure nothing like this happens again. On a positive note, we are happy to hear that you enjoyed your food and beverage experience and have shared your comments with the team.
Ocean View, Delaware
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2013

Overnight stay for an on-site wedding. Hotel was great, rooms clean and comfortable. The staff was as well with the exception of a bartender working the wedding affair. It stands alone with no services around and not picture perfect views, but just an exit away to yummy restaurants, shopping and even a casino. The restaurant at the hotel, was very $$, for not so yummy to the tummy food. I would recommend this hotel and would stay again at this hotel. Mike at the front desk is the best, he extends his hospitality!!!!!

Room Tip: We had 4 adults & 1 child, with visitors in and out. We had the junior suite, with an open door...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Homer
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2013

This is a full service hotel so its not cheap. The staff is trained to be professional and everyone is very accommodating. They have one of the largest pools I've seen in any hotel and their fitness center is spacious with excellent equipment, available 24 hours a day. The rooms are very well appointed and the bed was wonderfully comfortable.

While not a game changer it is curious that such a fine hotel didn't take into consideration more design elements, especially within the bathroom of the suites. For example the shower door should open into the room rather than into a small space between the toilet and a wall. Its a simple matter of changing the hinge on the door that would be more accommodating. And why isn't there a towel rack near the shower? Instead, the towels are stored under the vanity, almost 10 feet away. It's curious also why they should place the complimentary shampoo and conditioner in the jacuzzi rather than in the shower? And what were these people thinking when they mounted the toilet paper more than an arm's length from the toilet?

Overall, its a nice hotel, close to the airport with easy access from the highway, although several miles from most other activities, shopping, and restaurants.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Metairie, Louisiana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013

I booked at this hotel going because High-Speed Internet was an listed amenity on the booking site. Come to find out that the Free was only limited to 512 MBS Upload and Download...esentially a dial up speed. There was an up charge to get True High Speed 1MBS Upload and Download. This is essentially duping and false advertising. I could barely check my email anything else required 30 minutes for the webpage to load and update !!!!
Also the bathroom shower curtains were not clean. The front desk agent tried to use check me into a reservation with the same Last Name. Had to correct her and make sure my AMEX info did not get put into the other person's reservation. Overall, the property has potential, but management needs to improve.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank jdnola2013
Thank you Jdnola2013 for your feedback. We apologize that our complimentary internet did not meet your expectations. As you stated, we offer complimentary internet at a speed of 512KB up and down. As an additional amenity we offer the option to purchase additional bandwidth of 1.5MB up and down. This additional bandwidth is also something we offer as a complimentary amenity to our guests who have earned Platinum status with Starwood Preferred Guest. We hope that as you continue to travel, you choose Starwood Hotels for your accommodations and you too could earn Platinum status and enjoy this wonderful amenity.
Also consider these accommodations in or near New Castle
#7 of 12 in Wilmington
Sheraton Suites Wilmington Downtown Hotel
Hampton Inn & Suites Wilmington Christiana
Four Points by Sheraton Newark

Been to Sheraton Wilmington South? Share your experiences!