“Very tasty!”

Krispy Kreme Doughnuts
Ranked #1 of 10 Bakeries in New Castle
Reviewed 1 August 2014

We just got this new Krispy Kreme Donut store so I ventured in to check it out. They had a variety of doughnuts that I did not know existed. I bought a few to see how they were. I am glad that I did. If you want to try a good donut, try Krispy Kreme.

Brian Z, Owner at Krispy Kreme Doughnuts, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Thank you so much for visiting our new store.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Krispy Kreme is trying to make a come back in this area. I don't think I will do much to help them. Stop in to check it out since it was a new place, and the ads for the banana pudding donut was something I just had to try. Well it looks like this will be my only time. The place was clean and well staffed, which I expected in a new place. The trouble I had was for a $ 1.09 for a donut you would think it would be loaded with pudding. I don't think the one I had was filled with more then a tablespoonful . It sure was not like the one they show on tv.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Stopped in here since I had a coupon for 1 FREE original glazed donut. I got the coupon by signing up online to be a Krispy Kreme Philly Insider (when I saw the sign that this NEW Krispy Kreme was opening soon). I figured it couldn't hurt to try it since it wouldn't cost me anything, but my time in line.

When we arrived, there was not too much of a line (for it being a NEW restaurant). There were maybe 8 people in front of me. The staff were taking orders, boxing up donuts & giving them to the customer to hold until they got to the register to pay. It was so unorganized. They were taking orders from customers out of order. The man behind me got waited on before me & the two groups of people ahead of us. Then they took the person 2 people ahead of me, then me, then the guy in front of me. It was utter chaos. Then when I got to the register, the clerk did not know how to ring the coupon. So she had to go get help. I figured that was going to happen since they had only been open for 10 or so days. I ended up getting 2 extra donuts so that I could try something other than the plain donut. They did not have very many options that day. Most of them were your average donut. I was expecting more exotic or creative flavor creations. But, I got a cinnamon apple & a sugar raised in addition to the glazed. When I went to pay, the cashier asked me what kind of donuts I had in the box. She wanted me to actually tell her the flavors of each donut. Thank goodness I only got a few donuts. I couldn't imagine trying to recite a list of 12 assorted donuts!

When I turned to leave, I noticed that the line was now going out the door. There was a drink spilled on the floor under one of the tables. A few of the other tables were dirty. I did see one employee head over and start wiping one of the tables down, but they should be on top of this being that it is a NEW restaurant. It was too hot out to dine at one of the patio sets that day, so I just took my donuts home.

Overall, I am not impressed with this Krispy Kreme. Service was not very friendly & it was somewhat chaotic. Lines formed quickly inside & the drive-thru also had a long line. One plus is that you can watch the donuts being made, so the kids will enjoy that part. Also, they do have some outside dining & they are open 24 hours. Prices are average (a single donut is $0.99-$1.09) However, the donuts themselves were WAY too sugary sweet for me. I tried to give them to my husband & he didn't like them. So, we gave them to our family & they wouldn't eat them either. Everyone said the same thing...too sweet! We probably won't be back. There are better donuts at the Amish Market & at 'Lil Orbits (both inside the Farmer's Market right behind the Krispy Kreme).

1  Thank daisyferret1

We are sorry that your experience wasn't the best. Just after opening we were still trying to get our systems in place. We hope that you will come back and give us another try.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

The new 24-hour Krispy Kreme was busy, even late on a Saturday night. The automated doughnut production line was on full blast and was churning out the hot original glazed doughnuts as fast as the line of customers was ordering dozen after dozen.

Friendly, efficient, employees and plenty of seating indoors with a couple of patio tables outside for dining 'al fresco'.

Krispy Kreme fans can purchase logo merchandise including a New Castle, Delaware KK t-shirt!

Brian Z, Owner at Krispy Kreme Doughnuts, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Thank you so much for coming to our new store. We appreciate all of the support!