The visit just wasn't what we hoped for, even after reading reviews and the website. Here are a few heads-up:
1. If you're looking for a quiet night's rest, don't stay in the Camellia Room. On the other side of the alley is a bar, and we heard LOUD music late at night. Now that I think about it, we didn't get to pick what room we wanted when I made the reservation.
2. The bed was decent as we like a firmer bed. However I could still feel the springs.
3. A very dusty room, behind and under furniture. Scary to look at!!
4. No extras, like snacks in the fridge or toiletries other than soap.
5. Never saw the living room the website mentioned for books, games, and music. The doors were always closed.
6. Didn't hear the classical piano music performed by the innkeeper like the website said.
Otherwise, things were okay. Breakfast was its saving grace - Belgian waffles w/ berries and cream, sausage links, OJ and good coffee, fresh fruit cup to start. We were able to checkout at 11 AM, rather than the suggested 10 AM so that was nice. The innkeeper was kind and has some interesting stories to tell; quite the background. She gave us a key and we were able to come and go as we pleased. Jessop's Tavern, a few doors down, was a yummy place for dinner. The town is quaint and charming, but I don't think we'll return to Terry House. I'm a stickler for a clean and tidy stay.
- Also Known As:
- Terry House Bed And Breakfast Delaware/New Castle