“Not Great”

Quality Inn & Suites Skyways New Castle
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in New Castle
Reviewed 5 December 2013

We stayed here for a night as a quick stop-over on the way to DC. We were just looking for a cheap, clean, no-frills room. We got two out of the three. It was cheap and there certainly were no-frills. The problem was the room was musty and had an unpleasant smell. The location was good, right off the highway and easy to find but next time we would find a different place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Paul R, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Skyways New Castle, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2013

I appreciate receiving your comments as gives us information on where we need to improve our efforts. Your comments will be given to our housekeeping department for review and the ownership will also receive a copy. We hope that you will allow us another chance to impress you more positively.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

The Bed was a standard double - not king size which is what I expected. There was no light switch on one side of the bed. The room was dark and gloomy. Very disappointed, won't stay there again even though it was convenient..

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Paul R, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Skyways New Castle, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2013

Please accept my apologies that we did not meet your expectations. Our Guest Service Representative should have reviewed your reservation at the time you checked in. Depending on where the reservation was made, it can sometimes be confusing as to the bed type reserved as there are now a myriad of diiferent web sites that one can make a reservation. I know that recently, the demand on our king beds has been quite high.

A recommendation for all, is to call any property directly, the day of your reservation, just to confirm the aspects of the reservation. That way unfortunate surprises can hopefully be avoided. I do hope that you will offer us another chance to serve you in the future.

Reviewed 26 October 2013

Easy to find location on highway with great service desk person for late night arrivals. Females or young families traveling late at night will feel safe pulling in. Can park right by room, bring pets, has fridge & nice little breakfast area. Not a high end hotel but for the price it felt clean, comfortable, convenient and safe.

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank Jennifer L
Paul R, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Skyways New Castle, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

While all comments are appreciated, to either help us to improve, or show us that our efforts are noticed, your are particularly rewarding, as they spoke of cleanliness and good service. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 9 October 2013

I stay in a lot if hotels alone on business,this is one that I was glad to not be alone. The rooms have an outdoor entry and a small balcony with a sliding door as well. To get to the room on the 2nd floor was a pain. The hotel did not have a lot of guest but our room was in a back building. Th hotel complex has several. The room is very outdated. We arrived after dark and left before the morning sun which mat have been a benefit for us.The room was clean not spotless but in sunshine it may have been worse. The pastel yellow tub brought back memories of the 1970's.

The front desk staff was congenial and our wake up call was on time. We did not eat breakfast because we had an early flight.at the airport which is right next to the hotel within walking distance!

If you are looking for a convenient hotel by the airport, then this may be the place for you. I really don't think I would stay again.

Room Tip: The airport is not too busy so don't worry about a lot of noise from it.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PamelaSueB

While it is heartening that we handled the basics of keeping our property clean and handled the service issues well, I am sorry that we may not be seeing you again. We do also have a separate suites building, more modern than our exterior rooms. Perhaps that may be more of what you are looking for. I hope that you will give us another look when staying again in the area.

Reviewed 15 September 2013

Went there for the kids to stay over and swim before school starts. Well the pics on the website did not say pool being demolished. Told to go to owners other hotel 1 mile away well the pictures do not tell a true story very bad area and staff was rude so after 2 hour journey we went to the doubltree on 202 had a great time makes sense to pay more and enjoy

• Stayed: September 2013

My apologies to you. We did have a notice on the website that noted that our pool was closed for the season, and I apologize that it was not more prominent. Regarding the staff response, I am especially disappointed, as it is one area that we tend to get our best remarks. I will be certain to make sure that all our staff understand that while we may not be the newest property around, having a clean room and offering exemplary service is what will set us apart from even newer properties.

Reviewed 15 August 2013

When I began traveling for business in 1990, all hotels looked like this. Cheaply veneered MDF furniture, cheap wall sconce lamps, heavy TV, crunchy carpet, cheap bathroom door, pastel colored tub, exterior entry door, etc. The bathroom was clean with freakishly shiny ceramic tile floor. The toilet took forever to flush.The bed was weirdly tiny with a very lumpy mattress. Huge pool, but no water in it (??)

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

I would like to thank you for your comments, as it helps us to see our property through the eyes of our guests. We have begun our refresh program, with recently changing out our carpeting and draperies, as well as changing out televisions to flat screen. As can be imagined, quite an expense. Our next step is to refresh the hardgood furniture items. I hope that should you visit again, that we will have that in place for you.

Reviewed 17 July 2013

Anne
New York, NY
July 17, 2013

Hello dear people. This is a long message, but I think it's worth the read. I think we should all try to make sure each person have a nice peaceful holiday when they visit a hotel. Well, be aware of this hotel. I used to always stay here, but not anymore. I stayed there a few weeks ago and as soon as I came into the room I looked on the pillows and underneathe thank God. I seen 1 live Bed Bug and 2 dead ones under the pillow. How gross is that?????? I called right away and reported it to the front desk clerk. She said she would give me another room, so I tool it. The next morning I asked a gentlemen about the report to make sure it was taken care of. No one should stay in that room without it being thouroughly cleaned. I stayed at the Quality Inn and Suites, New Castle DE. Room 235 on the 2nd level was the effective room. I read that you should not even stay in a room next door if you know there's Bed Bugs in the room next to you. I wouldn't stay in that room if they offered it to me free every year!!! Anyway, he told me he seen that it was reported. well, I got home and after a few days later I just wanted to make the manager knew about the report.
I also abhor thoses filthy, crawling things. So, I speak with the manager and she had no idea about any report. She asked me why am I just calling about it after 7 or what ever days, but I told her I complained about it as soon as I notice that it was Bed Bugs. They never reported it.
That's ashame! Someone is going to get that room not knowing those bedbugs are over the pillows and every where else. That is so wrong. They lied and kept it hidden. That really makes me even more angry too know that they don't care about the next guest that enters that room. Now isn't that ashame for them to not even report it? So, be aware folks. I would not want to see anyone bitten by those gross things, especially a little baby or young child. It would be really aweful! If you see it, PLEASE always report it. It helps all of us to make a better choice when booking a hotel. I know it's time consuming, but look what you've just learned by reading my note. Worth it? I think so. Have a nice comfortable summer folks!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank caramelbeauty
Stella S, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Skyways New Castle, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2013

While there is no excuse for any bug to be anywhere other than outside, please rest a bit easier, in that after our exterminator's inspection, what you found was not a bed bug. Your comments were reported to our maintenance and housekeeping departments, who have a specific protocol to follow, which includes having our exterminator evaluate the room. I am sorry that the manager was not aware of the report, as it would have made you feel a bit more comfortable that we addressed the issue. We are under new management and I can assure you that each comment, good or not, is discussed by our management team and with the staff of the appropriate area. Again, please accept my apologies that we did not meet your expectations, especially as you had stayed with us before and had good experiences. Please feel free to contact me, Paul Rada, if you are returning to the area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near New Castle
Comfort Inn and Suites
Comfort Inn and Suites
#3 of 24 in Newark
Red Roof PLUS+ Wilmington

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Skyways New Castle? Share your experiences!