“Stay somewhere else.”

Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in New Castle
North Central MA
“Stay somewhere else.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2013

Not even worth the $68 we paid. Shower rod falling off the walls, we didn't feel safe taking a shower in the morning. No bulbs in the bed lamps at all and the fixture was so loose that the lamps were both tipped to the outside. You could tip them the other way too. A big black eye on the chain name. Save yourself the grief and use another hotel.

• Stayed December 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Charlotte, NC
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

I took this room because the site I was on gave it okay reviews it was one of the cheaper ones in the area. Not low cost, just a bit lower cost than others.

Upon my arrival, I was greeted through a robbery shield of some plexiglass or something. It dawned on me that the people that worked there must be a bit afraid of crime, so maybe I should too. This was amplified a few minutes later when I was hauling luggage in and there were two thugs begging for a late check out because they'd be up all night partying and didn't want to check out until 3 pm. To the management's credit, they refused these two and there wasn't a noise problem through the night.

This place takes pets, which I don't normally find to be a problem because they segregate the rooms from those that don't allow pets. This one stated that, but our room still smelled of cat pee. It's the kind of place you really don't want to take off your socks because of what might be on the dark and grimy looking carpet.

The beds were okay, the showers useful but not great. Bottom line is that I onl stayed there because the room had been paid for in advance and I was tired and didn't want to hassle with a reimbursement.

Breakfast is just plain ridiculous. The only thing I could find there was some bran cereal so old it even looked stale. The only reason they have this and the two old worn out tables in the middle of the check in lobby is so that they can say they serve breakfast, not because they actually do.

The second star is because the bed was comfortable and I wasn't awake all night as expected.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
GMSuper8NewCastle, General Manager at Super 8 New Castle, responded to this review, 30 October 2013
Thanks for your review...At least in your opinion our beds and shower are clean and comfortable..
We don't allow Pet in every room (now we don't at all) So your room were never rented to Pet..We
periodically shampoo our carpets so some time in some room they smell little bit odd while they
completely dry.(we try not to rent room but in weekend sold out so we have to) after around 10 pm
we enclosed registration desk with glass window but our entire lobby was open for Guest without
restriction and it is standard practice in our area to have so employee working in night shift feel
comfortable (it is not related to any crime). How can one Guest became Thugs to another Guest??? I didn't get your point Sir. Breakfast is standard for every Super 8 and we have mix review on it..

Travellers are raving about these New Castle hotels

South Yarmouth, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2013

Having stayed here a number of times and actually stayed at another Hotel prior to this stay;+$$
because of the overall appearance. This July such an improvement ! New Bedding;Curtains;Paint;
Furniture;Carpeting(not all completed)but a great effort!! Breakfast was skimpy the morning we
left so we stopped on the road; Overall they have made a great change considering we stop in
New Castle 2-3 + times a year.. Good Hotel to stop overnight and an excellent value. Breakfast offerings need improving (could have been an oversight that we did not mention)

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rolan l
Ramesh P, General Manager at Super 8 New Castle, responded to this review, 16 September 2013
Thanks for your review and your Super Stay with our Super 8. I hope we will host you in
near future with more improvement (LED TV)....
Newport News, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2013

Upon entering this motel I really did not have very high hopes, because the front desk attendant was enclosed with bullet proof glass, this kind of made me nervous of the area. Check in was smooth & easy, our room was the average room, fridge, microwave, etc. They tried to update by adding newer comforters to the bed. Upon entering the bathroom i noticed there was only two towels which for a room that had two doubles, there should have been more towels provided. I went to the front desk & asked for another towel, the desk attendant was very friendly and apologized for that issue. The beds were pretty comfy but too small for two people. The pillows could be replaced as they were the kind where you need at least two to be comfortable. I always bring an extra pillow nowadays to accommodate for inadequate pillows, as just lately i have had my fair share of crappy pillows. We were told that breakfast was between 6-9am, but by the time we went to breakfast there was nothing there, which was around 8.30am. So i can't review how it tasted, so we ended just going to a WAWA, for a breakfast croissant. Overall not bad place to lay your head, considering the other hotels in the area were over $100 a night, or roach motels. This hotel is on hwy 13 if you coming into DE on a back hwy.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Ramesh P, General Manager at Super 8 New Castle, responded to this review, 8 September 2013
Thanks for your honest review about our Super 8. In our area it is standard practice for most of
Hotels to have glass cover Guest Registration after 10 pm but our entire lobby and corridor to
guest room is always unrestricted for guest. Sorry to hear that you did not have enough breakfast
around 8:30 am. we will try our best that next guest will not experience that. I hope we will host
you in future again with your expectation.
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

I booked the room through Booking.com - front desk staff friendly and helpful. I never made it to breakfast, but made coffee in my room, which was very tasty. Room was very clean - although not needed, I had a handicap accessible bathroom which gave me lots of room - I was spread out all over the room, but housekeeping managed to work around me and make the room up and give me clean linen every day.

As a solo traveler, I felt safe and secure in the hotel - and my room. The hotel was priced reasonably, the main reason for my choice. It is a basic economy hotel, but clean, a major requirement of mine.

Room Tip: I was near the ice machine on the first floor, but I am a great sleeper, so it did not bother me. I...