“Great Subs”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
New Castle, Delaware
“Great Subs”
Reviewed 31 March 2013

Located down the road from the original area Italian neighborhood, Ioannonis' brings back a much needed Italian flavor to the area. Wonderful subs of all kinds! I eat there at least twice a month. Friendly service but you will wait around lunch time.

• Visited March 2013

Murrells Inlet, South Carolina
“The Best Cheese Steak Sub I haveever found.”
Reviewed 19 November 2012

Took a cool ride today, down into Delaware, in search of a good Cheese Steak Sub. I had read about Ioannoni's on the web, and here on Yelp, and wanted to give it a try.
We arrived, parked the bikes and wandered in. At first glimpse, it was evident that this was a serious sandwich place, but surprised that it has such a small dining area (go early or take it out). The counter goes the entire length of the store with a huge flat top, tons of prep counter and bins filled with specialties. There was a huge, freshly roasted roast beef on the counter with a bark that just oozed goodness to the sight.
The owner, Mike, greeted us with a huge smile and a welcome and told us that this would be the best experience we have ever had for lunch.
I opted for a "small" Cheese Steak with Lettuce and tomatoes. Ted ordered the Meatball Parm. They were huge, over stuffed, on the real Italian rolls that were so fresh that I swore they had baked them there this morning.
The Cheese Steak Sub weighed in at what seemed a pound or more. The meat was excellent and the cheese was just right. The tomatoes were fresh, and I mean, farm fresh, as was the lettuce. It has to be the best cheese steak I have had in a very long time, if not ever. I managed to eat the entire sandwich at one sitting. I could not put it down.
Ted's meatball parm was also excellent with provolone cheese. He polished it off as well. The aroma of the cheese, sauce and meatball brought aromas of an Italian kitchen in South Philly. Wonderfully pungent
We sat and watched the place fill up, to standing room only, as Mike and the girls prepared sandwich after sandwich. The line went out the door, but nobody was complaining. That's how good the food is here.
I will return next Friday for the roast pork with sharp provolone and brocolli rob. Mike was making a dozen or more and he loads them with thepork and spoons on the a jus instead of dipping them.
I give this place my highest reccomendation, and if you follow my reviews, that honor only goes to the best.
So, now I have finally found the best cheese steak sub for 100 miles and I do not have to look any further. Michael, you were right. It was the best thing that I have eaten and a great experience.
The service is excellent, the place is clean and the food is incredible. Hop on the train to Flavortown and head here for a Party For Your Pallate.

• Visited November 2012
New Castle, Delaware
“May be the best on the planet”
Reviewed 14 November 2012

They roast all their own pork and beef, they have a great broccoli Raab &pork sub, Italian subs to die for, THE take out place to go out of your way for. Really. It is out of the way next to a car title cash place in a 4 store strip on route 141 near William Penn high school. Find it, you will be glad u did.

• Visited November 2012
Smyrna
“Surprise, Its Really Good”
Reviewed 21 October 2012

You wouldn't believe it from the outside. The area not the best, but the sandwiches are unreal. I have had them cater many meals for us, and have NEVER been less than satisfied. They beat the heck out of the local chains, think about Ioannonis for your next sub day!

• Visited October 2012
Albany, New York, United States
“TASTY!!!”
Reviewed 30 March 2012

Arriving here got me a little worried, the exterior is not the best. We stepped inside and were happy to see a CLEAN kitchen. My friend and I each had a roast beef sandwich. She the roast beef sharp (roast beef and sharp cheese) and I the roast beef supremo (roast beef, sharp cheese, and broccoli rabe). They were both FANTASTIC and MESSY. Make sure to grab LOTS of napkins, they are on the wall by the dessert cooler. HIGHLY recommend as this looks like a very "locals" kind of spot. We saw a WIDE variety of clientele coming in for dinner from people off the street to guys in suits. The staff was treated us like family, which is nice to have while on the road!! Thanks!!

• Visited March 2012