“Dying to Go Back” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 24 Hotels in Newark
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Dying to Go Back”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2011

The lobby is huge, clean and impressive! I arrived 10 minutes early before check - in time. Marla at the front desk was really hospitable and resourceful from the time I arrived until I left. She checked me in and signed me up for their bonus card which I had no idea Holiday Inn had. I went to my room, house keeping was still cleaning it but it was totally okay because "I" was early.

My room surpassed my expectations. My phone rang instantly and it was Marla calling to apologize for me going up and my room was still being cleaned. I was so impressed with their need to go above and beyond in making sure you receive top, quality hospitality.

The hotel is close to a gigantic mall and smaller plazas. Marla gave me directions to Walmart when I inquired about the nearest one. The internet in your room is FREE! The TV is flat screen and the channels are endless and varied.

I loved the bathtub a lot because I usually stay away from taking a bath in hotels but NOT this one. I also stay away from sleeping under the covers due to bed bugs but NOT this time or at this hotel. The bed was extremely comfortable and I found it hard for me to get up for the day. I also found it hard to check-out (lol)!

The continental breakfast was nice - if you can wake up early enough to grab you a bite. The work-out room was perfect for "me" if you are into cardio ONLY. There are no weights, just a bike and 3 treadmills. I wanted to try the pool but did not have time.

The service at this hotel is high quality. Every one speaks and I constantly saw housekeeping stocking this or that through out the hotel. I mean, I could not believe how much I enjoyed my stay. Bottom line, I am dying to get back ASAP! Since I left my phone charger, I guess I'll have to go back and get it :)

Room Tip: Order a Suite if You Want a Microwave
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank BlkLily
hiesales, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wilmington-Newark, responded to this review, 5 August 2011
Hello BlkLily,

Thank you so much for your review and your acknowledgement of our staff member Marla. She was happy that she was able to leave a positive impression of our hotel and service with you. We all love your comment, “The service at this hotel is high quality”. That is why we are in this industry and to know we were able to meet your expectations is the best result of our commitment to you and all of our guests. Next time you stay with us, definitely try out our indoor pool and Jacuzzi. We would like to know your input.
Thanks again and we look forward to having you stay with us again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Weston, MA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2011

This is a very new hotel. It is right by the exit for 95, so extremely acessible. Everything felt very fresh. The rate was reasonable compared to other local hotels. Unlike more expensive hotels, wireless and a very good breakfast were included. The only drawback was lack of nearby restaurants. However, one exit south on 95, there are many to choose from.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
Hello Sadie6!

Thank you for your feedback. We are just 2 years young and strive to continue to feel as new and fresh as the day we opened. We had heard from many guests that they wish we had a restaurant within walking distance from our hotel. We did the next best thing and brought the restaurant to our guests! Now with just a push of the room service button on the in room phone, you will be directly connected to Bertucci’s Restaurant and have the option of all of their full menu selections delivered directly to your room. We hope the next time you stay with us, that you will try this new convenience out and let us know your feedback.
Thank you again! :-)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2011

I travel a lot for business and this is one of my favorite places to stay. The staff helped me out with a few things that were above and beyond what they were required to do. In addition, the pancakes are delicious.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
hiesales, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wilmington-Newark, responded to this review, 11 July 2011
Hi Kev6345,

Thank you for your posting! We are honored to be one of your preferred hotels and we are happy that our team was able to make your stay a pleasant one. We are also glad that you enjoyed the pancakes. The pancake machine is a new addition at all of the Holiday Inn Express hotels this year and has quickly become a favorite along with our cinnamon rolls. :-)

Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit!

Christine
Dunlop
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2011

No issues, clean modern hotel & staff were friendly & helpful. Room was spacious, clean & comfortable. Breakfast was more adequate & included in the price. The pool is very small & can hardly be called a swimming pool, OK if you have children that wish to splash around.

Room Tip: Request a top floor at the end of a corridor aways
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2011

My friend and I stayed one nite at this hotel while visiting Delaware Park. We reserved a room with two double beds, smoking. I was surprised to read some of the comments about this hotel's large rooms. We certainly didn't have lots of room. In fact, the air conditioning unit and the bed nearest the window were so close together that the cool air blew on me all nite. I have to say the bed itself was comfortable, with four pillows. The room was very clean, but housekeeping was knocking on our door at 9am (we were scheduled to check out by 11am, so why didn't they wait til we checked out?) The Arabic (or whatever) coffee provided in the room was atrocious! We arrived for the breakfast about 9:40am, and practically everything was wiped out (I got two biscuits, but no gravy left and no eggs left). They finally brought out some more eggs about 9:50am after so many people asked. The check-in/check out was good, and the young lady at the desk was very pleasant. All things considered, I do not think we would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
      Location
      Rooms
Wakefield, Rhode Island
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2011

Thank goodness for gps! If you're headed south on 95, be mindful wof construction times in Delaware at night, just after the bridge. You'll be detoured to exit 3, right where this HI is located. But we called ahead and got the AAA rate of $116. The hotel was a shining green beacon after our "storm" of dead stop traffic and rerouting off the highway. Immaculate grounds outside, well lit, clearly new, and parking wrapped around the one entrance so we didn't have to walk a mile with our sleepy kids in tow. Checkin was a little slow but it was midnight and we were tired so unless it happened in less than 5 seconds it felt slow to us. But the room... a standard? It was large and clean and great, from the first sniff test to the massaging showerhead the next morning. Great stop. Awesome. And there was even a Dunkin Donuts down the street.

• Stayed April 2011
      Location
      Rooms
NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2011

For a Holiday Express, this was the best hotel deal ever. VERY friendly and helpful staff, tasteful furnishings, spotless room, best mattress and pillows I've had in a motel, plus good little indoor pool and hot tub. Best of all: a substantial breakfast (great muffins) in a pleasant room. And for 100 bucks? We were very happy and surprised.

The only fault was that they forgot our early wake-up call -- something didn't work.

Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newark
Comfort Inn and Suites
Comfort Inn and Suites
#5 of 24 in Newark
BEST WESTERN PLUS Newark/Christiana Inn
Hampton Inn & Suites Wilmington Christiana
Hilton Wilmington / Christiana
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Newark
Embassy Suites Newark - Wilmington/South

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wilmington-Newark? Share your experiences!