Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wilmington-Newark
Ranked #6 of 24 Hotels in Newark
Reviewed 22 December 2013

One of the better Holiday Inn's I've stayed. Very nice rooms, very comfortable. Great breakfast. Very friendly staff. Good location - both close to I-95 and to many good places to eat. One minor complaint: the water pressure in the shower was weak. If I'm ever in the area again, this will be at the top of my list of places to stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
hiesales, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wilmington-Newark, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2013

KayE140971:

Thank you for being our recent guest. We are delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us. We are also thrilled to hear that you would come back and see us again.

Reviewed 9 December 2013

We stayed here for the first time on our way through. The staff is wonderful and and friendly and goes out of their way to be helpful. The room and general appearance of the hotel was beautiful, warm, and inviting and is probably the best hotel of this level I have ever stayed at. In every way it felt like a MUCH higher grade of hotel than "Express." The place was immaculate and the breakfast was fresh and delicious, with great breakfast staff as well. I would highly recommend this hotel & would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
hiesales, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wilmington-Newark, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2013

KayE140971,

Thank you for being our recent guest and for the wonderful comments about our hotel and staff. We are certainly glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope you choose to stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 22 November 2013

This is a nice hotel. It is relatively new, very clean, and very well maintained. The staff is extraordinarily friendly and the breakfast is fantastic. Our room was quiet and very comfortable.

Unfortunately, the hotel-provided WIFI is awful. It is weak and sporadic at best. Also, we had to replace the TV remote in our room as it wouldn't work. The second remote barely worked. Additionally, this hotel does not offer in-room movies.

I would stay here again......but only if the WIFI was upgraded.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Bob B
hiesales, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wilmington-Newark, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Bob B,

Thank you for being our recent guest. We appreciate your comments and will look into the items you mentioned. Thank you for bringing them to our attention. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

We really didn't need to stay overnight so close to home, but decided to extend our trip in the Philly area and stayed here to do some shopping the next day at Christiana. Each staff member was unbelievably friendly and helpful. The hotel looks more like a lodge in the woods. Spacious lobby with comfortable seating and a nice warm fire. The breakfast was delicious and plenty of it too! Our room was enormous and spotless. We never heard any noise all night long thanks to their no tolerance noise policy.

I used to stay with another brand exclusively, but I think I will be making a switch permanently. The hotel was exactly as shown on the site. The pool is large, the workout room in good order. We even found a private patio out back to sit and enjoy their rose garden. Nice touch!

Thanks for the lovely stay!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Groovina B
hiesales, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wilmington-Newark, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Groovina B,

Thank you much for enjoying our hotel recently. Although you did not have to stay so close to home, we are glad you did. Please come back in the spring to see our tulips out by the patio. They are more beautiful than the roses. See you again soon!!

Reviewed 29 October 2013

The desk service was great, We only stayed overnight but the room was not up to par. The bed linens were stained & the mattress was really hard. The pillows were very uncomfortable. I did not sleep at all that night. My husband checked out the "Free Breakfast" while I loaded the car with our luggage. He said it was not at all appetizing & refused to eat there, so we went to a nearby restaurant. I am sorry to say, I will not stay at this chain again.

Room Tip: go somewhere else
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Dawn T
hiesales, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wilmington-Newark, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2013

Dawn T,

Thank you for recently choosing to stay with us and for advising us of your displeasure. We certainly welcome the opportunity to speak with you directly, so we may discuss further these issues. I hope to hear from you soon and again we are truly sorry we did not live up to your standards.

Anthony Petro

Reviewed 15 October 2013

I stayed here for a week for business, and we were only 1 mile from the office and got a great price. Hotel was new and clean. The breakfast was good with a lot of variety. I enjoyed talking to the night desk clerks, who gave me a lot of information on local restaurants and helped our group book a reservation. They were amazing! There's a w/d on the premises and a fitness club. Great for me with the treadmill and TV, but it is very small. There's also a pool. I lost wifi and wasn't happy about that but found out that the password is changed every week, and I wish I'd known that. Also, the room temperature was fine, but it was getting a bit cool the last night, and only the fan worked. Not sure if the heat is turned off seasonally. I would love to return as it was clean, efficient, and had lots of free parking.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Lisa A
hiesales, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wilmington-Newark, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2013

Lisa A,

Thank you for your recent stay and for your great comments regarding our hotel. We certainly hope your business brings you back to Newark soon.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

This was my first stay at a Holiday Inn Express and I was pleasantly surprised. The service and quality of the hotel exceeded other similarly priced chains, in my opinion. The room was very clean and comfortable - loved the small fridge in the room. The staff were kind and welcoming - particularly Jimmy at the front desk, who made check in pleasant and easy. Breakfast was standard fare, but very good with a nice dining area to relax. The only small downside that I found was that there are not very many tv channels in the rooms. Not a major issue, but would have been nice to have more options. I will definitely return to this hotel in the future - clean, convenient, and friendly!

Room Tip: Try to avoid being near the ice machine if possible.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank jml433

jml433,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for the first time recently. It is great to hear that we were able to exceed your expectations. We look forward to your next visit with us.