“Nice family friendly”

Ranked #6 of 24 Hotels in Newark
Upper Saint Clair, Pennsylvania
“Nice family friendly”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for a soccer event. It was clean, comfortable and good for kids. Breakfast bar was very well stocked and clean. Lots of good choices. Grounds kept up nicely. Pool looked inviting.
Not much to do in surrounding area of town, but the hotel was fine.

Stayed May 2014
hiesales, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wilmington-Newark, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
MyAkitaBear,

We are glad that you chose our Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wilmington-Newark! It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to seeing you again next soccer season.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Eagan, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

This hotel is very up to date, well appointed and with attractive décor. The room was large with a fairly spacious bathroom. It was very clean and well equipped. We were impressed by the friendly desk and b the reakfast room staff. We always try to stay at hotels with breakfast included and this location had a very good food selection. A plus for us was the windows could be opened a bit and allow the fresh spring air in to the room. This also presented the only small negative. There is considerable highway noise for the rooms facing freeway. Overall, highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dan W,

Thank you for being our recent guest at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wilmington-Newark. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for sharing your experience. We look forward to seeing you again.
Jacksonville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

We were relocating for a new job and driving long distance. We had never stayed in a Holiday Inn Express before. We were pleasantly surprised by how nice this particular H-Inn-Exp was. Beautiful lobby, very nice room - clean, neat, well appointed, roomy, comfortable.

The staff couldn't have bee nicer or more accommodating. We'd stay again and did, in Smithfield, NC. Same thing. A bit smaller than the Wilmington-Newark, Delaware property but same as Wilmington.

You can't go wrong at either of these proerties.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
hiesales, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wilmington-Newark, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Michael M,

Thank you for recently selecting our Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wilmington-Newark Hotel. We are honored that you speak so highly of us. We hope you do come back to visit again soon.
Dumfries, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

This hotel is not horrible by any means. The room was pretty nice & clean. However, I had a poor first impression because we arrived around 3pm when we are supposedly allowed to check in, and when the one lady was helping us check in, her coworker said (to her), "That room isn't ready yet." She didn't say anything to US, or apologize, and kind of left the first lady to deal with it. We had to wait about 25 minutes in the lobby. This was not acceptable to us since we had a reservation - it wasn't a surprise that we were there. And I could have handled it better if they had been apologetic or acted like they cared. The only other comment I have is the breakfast was kind of gross. The pancake maker was out of service, and they had some kind of supposedly southwest omelets that were not freshly made and the stuff in the middle looked really unappetizing. Even the cinnamon roll I ate wasn't good. I hate to leave a nasty review - like I said the room was just fine.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
hiesales, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wilmington-Newark, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Kelly L:

Thank you for being our recent guest. We have taken note of your comments and are continually looking into ways in which we can improve our guests experience. We hope you come back to see us again.
Wilmington, Delaware
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

First when entering my suite my room was freezing! The room took over a hour to warm up. I book a suite because I had 3 kids staying with me. The pull out couch bed was so thin and uncomfortable! My four year old was complaining of back pains in the morning. On my way to take the kids swimming and to breakfast in the morning, I got of the elevator to see that my car was broken into. The entire back window was broken on my Ford Explorer. I parked so close to the hotel that I could see my car from the elevator. When I went to the front dest to ask if they saw or heard anything they were very cold, nonchalant, and not sympathetic at all! My entire window was broken. My car was trashed, and full of glass feet away from the hotel entrance. The workers claimed that they dont have cameras outside of the hotel. The front desk did not get the manager for me I had to ask for him. When the manager came he gave me the same reaction, as if this happens all the time. I asked for the general managers card and was told she wouldn't be able to help me with anything, (in a smug way) without knowing why I needed the card. My children was crying and upset they didn't get to go swimming or even eat breakfast. Another hotel guest did get apples for my kids to eat while I called the cops. This was the most horrible experience of my life!

Stayed March 2014
4 Thank Sheena P
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wilmington-Newark, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Dear Sheena P,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I’m very sorry to hear about your experience on your recent stay. I would love the opportunity to regain your faith in our hotel and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay in further details. We have sent you a private message to obtain additional detail regarding your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2014

I came to visit family and for business. I honestly LOVED my room. The hotel is Quiet safe the staff made me feel right at HOME! The hotel is close by Denny's restaurant , 15 minutes away from the city and minutes away from the mall! It is a great area to be in. The front desk staff was so friendly and made me feel so welcomed. The housekeepers were also nice they cleaned my room Every Day it was like going into a Brand new room every day! She even folded my clothes that was thrown everywhere. I left a $20 tip i never had a experience like that at a hotel.

• Stayed February 2014
hiesales, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wilmington-Newark, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
TGlendswood1,

Thank you for recently choosing our hotel as your home away from home. We certainly appreciate your choice and your comments regarding your stay. We are so happy that you noticed and enjoyed the extra steps our housekeeping department takes to ensure you enjoy your time with us. Please come back soon.
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014

Stayed here on business in February and, if in the area, would stay again.

Nice hotel, adequate location (close to, although not walking distance) to a fair choice of restaurants and stores). Enough parking without having to walk miles. My only gripe would be room rate to type of hotel/room, but ultimately the location was more important.

The room I was in was clean, the beds were comfortable, the bathroom also very clean. Sheets, towels, pillow selection, mini-fridge, microwave - everything clean and ready for use. Fast internet connection, too.

The room itself was well sized and quiet. The bathroom big, the shower/bath as well.

Staff was very friendly; helped with finding a local restaurant and even had options for discounts/free appetizers at various local places.

Improvement suggestion: better black-out curtains. The existing ones aren't bad, but with all the lights on all night outside, slightly longer curtains along with ones attached to the wall might be better.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for being our recent valued guest. We thank you for your kind words on Trip Advisor and we also appreciate and take notice of the suggestion you offered.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newark
Comfort Inn and Suites
Comfort Inn and Suites
#5 of 24 in Newark
BEST WESTERN PLUS Newark/Christiana Inn
Hilton Wilmington / Christiana
Hampton Inn & Suites Wilmington Christiana
Embassy Suites Newark - Wilmington/South
Four Points by Sheraton Newark

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wilmington-Newark? Share your experiences!