“The yummiest cupcakes ever!!”
Review of SAS Cupcakes - CLOSED

SAS Cupcakes
Reviewed 5 November 2012

This is by far my kids favorite place to get a treat! They have the best cupcakes with a great variety of flavors. The triple chocolate is to die for!!! Parking isn't easy and Main St. can be a little crazy when college is in session but they are worth it!!

Reviewed 7 October 2012

Not professional cupcakes. Their cake is way to dry and the frosting is over the tops. They look great and have some good ideas, but they need to cover the fundamentals of baking.

Reviewed 30 September 2012

I have had these cupcakes a total of 2 times. Not because I didn't find them yummy, I did. But at the cost they command, I can not justify spending that kind of money. If money were no object & I were a rich kid spending Mommy & Daddy's $$$ while at the university, maybe this would be my haunt. But as it's a rare treat for me, I can not speak to the selection they offer (other reviewers indicate they are limited esp for gluten free). They have what many who like whipped cream icing (I do NOT) would term as sickening sweet icing in masse on top of the cupcake ! I had a vanilla/vanilla and a vanilla frosting on a chocolate. so I can't vouch for the different flavors ex Oreo, etc.

I can say the one i had that was fresh was delicious, the 2nd I had was on the staler side (which if it were sold as day old bread, would have faired better with me)... again another reason I would not make this a regular stop.

I hope this review is helpful to you.

1  Thank CeaCea B
Reviewed 6 September 2012

I have been to this cupcake shop on multiple occasions. I decided to stop in there the other day after work. On this particular day, I had planned on getting a four pack for dessert since we had family visiting. They had the regular flavors like strawberry, chocolate chocolate, chocolate vanilla and vanilla chocolate. In addition to these flavors, they had pink lemonade, peanut butter, fuzzy navel, mint chocolate chip, lemon lemon, cinnamon toast & red velvet. I chose to get 1 pink lemonade, 1 red velvet, 1 peanut butter and 1 cinnamon toast. My total for 4 cupcakes was around $13. The counter help was VERY friendly. She packaged my cupcakes up in a pretty pink box & reminded me NOT to refrigerate the cupcakes.

On my way out, I checked out the various items they sell in the shop---from candy to bachelorette party ideas to baby shower gifts. They have a cute candy section that includes various gummies, rock candy sticks, old fashioned candy sticks, air heads, blow pops, mentos, pop rocks, tootsie pops, m&ms, jelly beans, smarties, reeses pieces, runts, wax lips, big league chew, skittles, sugar babies, starburts & MORE. Some of it is bag your own candy. They also have a big section of festive party hats and some cupcakes themed t-shirts. You can even get a cupcake onesie for your baby. I think some of their items are great gift ideas, but they aren't cheap.

Overall, I had a nice visit with SAS Cupcakes. The shop is beautiful inside...VERY Girly! They have a few indoor and outdoor dining tables should you want to eat there. Otherwise, you can get your cupcakes to go. IF you get less than 4, your cupcakes are thrown in a paper sack...and the icing can get smashed. I really don't care for the 4 cupcake to get a box policy--especially since you are paying more than $3 per cupcake! The prices are HIGH...and the cupcakes seem to be shrinking in size. So, you end up with tons of icing, but not a whole lot of cake.
However, the cupcakes are usually good. This time we enjoyed ALL of them even though the red velvet was a little dry. I LOVE the cinnamon toast cupcake! YUM! It is my favorite. One plus is that the counter help has always been SUPER friendly & they will validate your parking IF you park in the pay lot out back.

I would recommend for a special treat.

Reviewed 30 June 2012

The location downtown is nice and the store itself is very cute. The cupcakes however leave something to be desired! I was very excited to see they offered Gluten-Free cupcakes! However it was disappointing to find out they only offered them on certain days and in only vanilla or chocolate. They were very dry and tasteless. I tried them a few times and each time I was disappointed. They need to try a new GF recipe! The cost was also disappointing and high even for the non-GF cupcakes. I would not recommend SAS. There has to be other fabulous local bakers, however the store does have charm.