“family dinner”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 June 2013

Had a family dinner here during UD graduation weekend. Food was very good but it is not very private. Just in the lobby area of hotel with a lot of activity going on. They have events going on in the adjacent ballrooms with buffets for those set up in clear view. Seats in horrible disrepair. I had to ask to move my table as not to sit on the vinyl peeling seats. Small but adequate menu. PRime Rib buffet very nice

Reviewed 30 May 2013

is not expected at a hotel! I was visiting a friend who lives nearby, and she told me this was the best filet she'd ever had, so we headed here, and I was surprised when we pulled up in front of the Hilton hotel by the Christiana Mall.

The atmosphere leaves a little to be desired but by the time you finish your meal, you won't care about the stuffing showing through in the booth.

We were seated immediately and given menus, but my friend said we already knew what we wanted. We started out with the French onion soup - very good! I also had a glass of wine. The wine menu was a good size (not too big!) with a varied selection.

Our waitress brought warm, crusty bread with real butter and roasted garlic in ramekins. What a lovely combo! The garlic added a special something few restaurants offer... yummy!

We had ordered the petite filet, and the waitress told us this restaurant was the only one in the state with a 1600 degree oven. After she left, I asked my friend what difference that made. "Crispy on the outside, and juicy and flavorful on the inside," was the smiling reply. (Granted, Delaware is a small state, but I guess this is something about which to brag.)

We got our orders, and this filet was, indeed, the most succulent, melt-in-my-mouth visit to deliciousness I had ever taken!

Our waitress was very friendly and invited us back soon. I can easily see why this is one of my friend's favorite haunts because this is the sort of place where you know your service will be attentive, but not overly so, and the food is a step above comfort food, but oh, so good!

Reviewed 24 May 2013

Service and quality of food is very good. The servers are very friendly and always check to make sure you are doing good.

Reviewed 7 March 2013

Brasserie Restaurant is a great hotel restaurant serving some excellent food in an area that was filled with chains. For dinner I ordered a $34 fixed price 3-course specials with 2 choices per course. The incredibly friendly and helpful server brought our bread. It was warm and included both salted butter and roasted garlic in olive oil. The latter was spread on the sourdough loaf and was great. For my appetizer I enjoyed th Lobster ravioli. It had excellent flavor, but was a tad oversalted. The Chef also added a little spice to kick it up. My entrée was even better. The pork loin with cippolini onions, brussel sprouts, mashed sweet potatoes and grapes was delicious. It had great flavors to the pork, and the onions, sprouts, grapes and sweet potato mash were great sides. The end piece of the pork loin was a little overcooked but the interior slices were much better. Dessert was a chocolate bread pudding with cherries with just a little whipped cream. It was a very good dessert except the kitchen used maraschino cherries from a jar. My first bite had a stem. This is too good a dish to ruin with bar cherries.

Reviewed 22 January 2013

The food and service is exceptional! Offering delicious crab soup, fliet mignon and a great wine list!

2  Thank RDiS