“Very Friendly Staff”

Cuisines: American
Danville
“Very Friendly Staff”
Reviewed 12 April 2012

I walked over to the restaurant from my hotel. Staff were all very friendly, manager on duty was great, stopped by my table three times to make sure things were good. Waiter was attentive and quick to my requests.

Visited April 2012

Elkton
“Best place to eat in Peoples Plaza”
Reviewed 26 January 2010

Very good food, nice attention and excellent General Manager Mr. Sam!

Delaware
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,808 helpful votes
“Good Food at Decent Prices, Cozy family friendly restaurant”
Reviewed 6 January 2010

My husband and I have been to this Applebee's location many times. It is located on Route 40, near the Peoples Plaza shopping center. We were last there on 12/31/2009. We went for a New Year's Eve Dinner around 5:45pm. When we arrived there were quite a few people already there, but we were seated immediately. The dining room is large and nicely decorated. They have old pictures of celebrities on the walls. They also had Christmas greenery & garland strung along the dining sections for the holiday season. They do have a bar area with several large TVs above the bar. The bar is really appealing with stained glass features. It really has a cozy neighborhood feeling inside.

We were seated at a table just outside of the bar area & were given menus. Meanwhile we placed our drink orders. I ordered a soda and my husband ordered a tea. We were considering the 2 for $20 special where you get 2 entrees and an appetizer. BUT, we decided against it since it limits your entree selections. My husband decided on the fiesta lime chicken and opted to substitute mashed potatoes for the original side dish. I selected the chicken fajitas. They come with grilled onions & peppers, guacamole, sour cream, pico de gallo, cheese, lettuce and the tortilla shells. I also opted to get the mashed potatoes in place of my original side item. We also asked IF we were still in time for the HAPPY HOUR appetizers for $2.99 since it ended at 6pm. Luckily we were still in time! We ordered the mozzarella sticks.

Within about 5 minutes, our mozzarella cheese sticks were out to us. There were 9 mozzarella sticks and marinara dipping sauce on the appetizer for $2.99. The cheese sticks were hot, crispy and very tasty. However, they were a little chewy. BUT, they were still very enjoyable. We were not even done with our appetizer when our meals arrived at the table---SUPER FAST!! AND I LOVE it when the fajitas come out of the kitchen. They sizzle and smoke all the way to the table. It is really exciting to hear your food coming from across the room. The fajitas were tasty. The chicken was juicy and tender. I have so much fun making my own fajitas with all the toppings. AND they really are good. My husband loves the fiesta lime chicken. It is his new favorite at Applebee's & he orders it EVERY time. PLUS, we both love their mashed potatoes. They are chunky red skinned potatoes. YUM!! Once, we were done eating--we were both full. But, I decided to go ahead and order one of the dessert shooters TO GO. They are miniature desserts for $2.49 that are served up in miniature glasses. I selected the strawberry cheesecake shooter. I had it later on in the evening & it was decent. It kind of reminded me of Jell-O No Bake cheesecake. The strawberries on top were super sweet and seemed like fresh strawberries--not that ice cream topping stuff. So, overall it was not spectacular, but was probably worth the $2.49 we paid for it.

All in all, I would say we have had good experiences at this Applebee's. We have never gotten a bad meal. Usually our meals come out hot & tasty. The service is fairly friendly & quick. Sometimes there is a line to get a table depending on the night. They do offer Carside TO GO if you want to call in your order and pick it up. I have used this service before. It was pretty handy for a fast dinner to take home & enjoy. Plus the prices are decent. So you can enjoy a night out without breaking the bank. And even though they have a bar on site, it is still a great family & kid friendly restaurant.

Note: Applebee's has drink specials and appetizers specials during their Happy Hours. They have an early and a late Happy Hour. I think the 1st is 4-6pm and the 2nd is 9-11pm. The restaurant is open until midnight most days (except 11pm on Sunday) and until 1am on Friday & Saturday. Perfect for a late night meal! A kids menu is also available.

Been to Applebee's? Share your experiences!