“Yet again another sad attempt at a buffet”

Hibachi Grill and Supreme Buffet
Ranked #202 of 377 Restaurants in Newark
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 January 2013

I sampled the majority of the buffet and most of it was inedible, they have lots of the "American" buffet foods like look-a-like pizza and fried everything under the sun all done so horribly it makes you wonder why they even try. The chinese food on the buffet had a few things are edible but not a single item I can actually remember or would go back for. Some of the items were unidentified fish covered in gobs of cheese...and sushi? I wouldn't dare touch the sushi that was here. The only edible thing was the make your own hibachi. They had a decent variety of items you could choose from that they cook for you. If I was ever dragged back to this place i'd make a huge plate of hibachi and avoid the rest of the buffet. Yes, it is cheap and yes I know people who love this place because they got a coupon and for $10 were able to stuff themselves into a coma...but I prefer food that tastes good for my money and not over greased covered in cheese slop that has no flavor.

1  Thank sparkee187

Reviewed 26 November 2012

Good Chinese, many choices, good prices, hard Hershey's ice cream to boot. My kids loved the food and ice cream. Really enjoyed it.

Reviewed 2 February 2012

Hibachi Grill is the restaurant of choice for my grandchildren (ages 5 & 8) . They love the fried rice, the noodles and the antics of the hHibachi Chefs, especially the onion volcano. The menu choices and food are as good as any other Japanese style teppanyaki grill, I had the steak and scallops, others at our table had chicken and shrimp or steak and shrimp combinations. Prices are very reasonable and the flavors are subtle. If your kids like asian food, they will the food here. The entertainment is another plus. Though it can get a bit crowded on weekends, wait times are usually less than a half hour. During the week you are seated as you walk in. The staff is extremely courteous and friendly, and chefs try to get everyone to participate, learning to use chopsticks the right way as well as catching shrimp in your open mouth that are gently tossed to you.

2  Thank debtlaw
Reviewed 2 January 2012

I love fresh Chinese but usually avoid buffets because the food tends to not be fresh. Not so with Hibachi Grill, the staff keeps the food fresh and have a large selection of food for all tastes. The guy who runs the grill is very kind.

2  Thank JayBunting
Reviewed 6 December 2011

I'm not a big fan of chinese food but loved the ham, vegetables, sweet potatoes, mac and cheese and peel and eat shrimp.....lots of choices. My family members enjoyed the sesame chicken, rice, beef and broccoli, lo main noodles and numerous other chinese dishes . The little ones enjoyed pizza, chicken,french fries, ice cream and fruit. We all agreed the cakes and other sweets were probably weakest part of the meal, but we were all so full we didn't really want much dessert. The waitstaff are right on top of keeping buffet filled and clean. Great place for a quick meal. Prices can't be beat.

2  Thank bluehenfan077

Been to Hibachi Grill and Supreme Buffet? Share your experiences!