“Delicious Food, Great Service”
Review of The Chicken House

Cuisines: Peruvian
Description: 302-737-2426
Description: 302-737-2426
Reviewed 1 November 2013

I've visited the Chicken House on several occasions and each time I absolutely enjoyed myself. The chicken is so delicious. One might think, it's just chicken, but it's not. It is so tender, well seasoned and they serve it with this " aji " sauce, which makes it even better. I always get the Jalea, a fried seafood dish...delicious. You can taste the freshness and you know it's not frozen. On top of all that the servers are so nice (the first time we went they gave us a free sampling of the chicken) and the drinks are good. I know it might not seem like a great place being called the Chicken House and all, but you will be hooked!

There are newer reviews for The Chicken House

Reviewed 23 October 2013

I called ahead for take-out. The server was very helpful and informative on the phone. The food was ready in no time flat and check it was a breeze. The chicken and fried rice tastes amazing!

Reviewed 7 August 2013

I tried the pollo a la brasa or rotisserie chicken cooked over a wood fire. It came with yello rice that was realy good but I wanted green rice. They would not sell me a side of green rice. The yucca a la huancaina was done to perfection. Pilson and Cusqueña are the only Peruvian beers on the menu. They offer a good value for the price.

Reviewed 13 June 2013

If I lived locally I would eat at The Chicken House regularly because the food was fresh and seems homemade. It may be the Peruvian version of comfort food. In my travels I prefer to avoid chain restaurants and seek opportuntities to support small businesses like this one. This restaurant was clean and the service was excellent. They offer an extensive menu of good food prepared simply.

Reviewed 24 March 2013

Nothing special here. Strip mall local, booth and table seating. Attentive service, cheap beers, good chicken. I had a 1/2 chicken with yellow rice and a salad for $7.95. Chicken was good as was the rice, salad included. Nice family operation that I would rather patronize than a big chain brand anyday.

1  Thank Markeatsgoodfood