“Great food, beer, and music.”
Review of Two Stones Pub

Two Stones Pub
Ranked #9 of 368 Restaurants in Newark
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: 25 Craftbrew Taphandles- all great beer, pub grub and hifgh end- example- foie gras burger, cheeseplate, mini corn dogs
Reviewed 16 February 2014

This is a great secret gem in Newark. Skip the restaurants on Main St and try this great pub with high end food and an endless beer selection. They have bar food and then gourmet entrees that won't disappoint.

Reviewed 8 December 2013

While in Newark for the weekend, we dropped into Two Stones for lunch to see what all the local buzz was about. We were not disappointed. It's tucked away in a corner of a strip, not so easy to find, even with the GPS, but worth the effort.

The staff was attentive and courteous, I'd say going extra miles to be sure we were served and happy to be there. We tried the Dogfish 60 IPA from the extensive list of craft beers on tap - cold and fresh. Everything we ordered was far better than we expected, even exceeding all the rave reviews. We tried the warm braided pretzel appetizer, the andouille/chicken gumbo, and a plate of three crispy fish tacos.

Two Stones Pub is well managed, clean and worth a trip from anywhere.,

1  Thank French75
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Always a great beer selection and the service is top notch. To say that the food is "pub food" is probably a disservice as many of the dishes would be better suited to a restaurant instead of a pub. The constantly changing specials are very often a real treat. I have only one complaint and that is the wine selection is somewhat limited. I'm a beer snob but my wife is a wine snob and puts up with the wine just to keep me happy. Overall 2SP is great.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Unfortunately I was only there for a happy hour get together, so I didn't get to try the menu, which had some great selections. What I did get to enjoy were the awesome appetizers and an amazing assortment of specialty beers!

Reviewed 15 September 2013

I've resided in Delaware for over 2 plus years. We decided to eat there as it was recommended to us. I've been missing a gem!!!!

I had the cheese plate with a lovely blue cheese and a goat cheese with small toast and fig jam. It was mouth watering. I also had the house burger which was good, although the toasted brioche bun fell apart before I could really get started, I ate the burger which was great!!!

My friend had the chili, which he thought was quite good. He also had the wedge salad with shrimp which he loved!!!!

The service was outstanding. Our waitress (I did not catch her name long dark brown/black hair, thin, pretty) was extremely knowledgeable about the menu. I found her choices refreshing and well informed.

Unfortunately (I felt the pain :) I'm not a beer drinker. Many beers, ales, IPA's etc., cause some stomach distress so I avoid them. I will tell you that I was tempted to throw caution to the wind and have one of the lovely IPA's or another selection from the voluminous beer menu. It was a dream for an expert or lover of different types of beer. However, I had a lovely sauvignon blanc that paired nicely with the cheese plate.

The music was good, atmosphere was laid back, not too noisy.
It's a find and I'm embarrassed that I had not been to Two Stones prior to this outing.
Two thumbs up!!!
I'll be back very soon. And cannot wait to try an entree our waitress recommended.