“Good food, lots of beers”
Review of Two Stones Pub

Two Stones Pub
Ranked #7 of 357 Restaurants in Newark
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: 25 Craftbrew Taphandles- all great beer, pub grub and hifgh end- example- foie gras burger, cheeseplate, mini corn dogs
Boston
“Good food, lots of beers”
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Stopped by for lunch and were pleased with what we found. Lots of beers to choose from. Great burgers, salads, and soups. Stop by if you are in the area.

• Visited April 2014

Toronto, Canada
“Excellent Food Awesome Service”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Found this place online and decided to try this one. Considering the location, i did not call ahead and walked in around 7 pm on the 18th which was a Friday. The bar is full, all tables occupied and a 2 Hour wait for a table!!!??? Dinner - "The Grille" at Odessa Golf Course.

Saturday, call ahead, get seated immediately. Its not as busy as the previous night.

Looking at the extensive food menu, i am preparing myself for my Bombay Sapphire Gin and Perrier water. Only disappointment- NO Bombay Gin!! So settle for Pino Grigio!!

Appetizer: Brussels Sprouts and the Mussels (I ordered Spicy) The best I ever had!!

I usually do not mention names in my reviews but, I felt that this was out of the normal for the staff being so happy. So here is my credit.

Brian was our server, Whitney was our hostess, Amanda, Morgan, Anna & Jill all came over at some point with our orders and were always smiling!

Food Credit to Chef Reuben, Dave & Justin!!

Overall a very good experience and would definitely stop by every time I am in this area. I wish the best for each staff member and the owner.

• Visited April 2014
Newark, Delaware
“foie gras in a pub?”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

I wouldn't normally order foie gras in a pub, but I gave the foie gras on hamburger a try, and it was suprisingly good! The slice of seared foie gras worked pretty well with the generous sized burger. They have a great beer selection, and the menu is pretty creative. (The 120 minute Dog Fish Head beer was fantastic!) We've been there a few times and I'm sure we will be back.

• Visited March 2014
Newark
“Last minute choice.”
Reviewed 5 March 2014

We were on the fence, what we were doing for dinner on a Sunday night. There is not a great deal of choices, in the area and we usually do not go out on a Sunday for dinner anyway. So we checked out Two Stones. It's your typical Pub atmosphere and not updated as the one in Kennet Sq, PA. But, it does have good food and an extensive beer selection. Started out with the Truffled mushroom soup, it was excellent, especially with a hint of thyme. The bread on the side had a weird taste, though. We both had the Tacos; pork and fish. The pork tacos were good, according to my wife. The fish tacos had a lot of taste and very flavorful, but a small fish portion. Maybe 2 bites. They do offer 8oz. & 16oz., beers. Great choice if you want to taste some of their beer selections. We will try TSP, again. Oh, our server was very good.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank mustang66302
Bear, Delaware
“Sunday Brunch”
Reviewed 1 March 2014

Opted to stop at Two Stones instead of the diner on a Sunday afternoon. Was happy we made that choice. Husband had the smokehouse platter, included eggs, brisket, pork and I had the french toast with peanut butter cream cheese. Both were very very good. The platter included a drink so the bill was a little on the pricier side, but worth it. Will be back again.

As for bar, I'm not a beer drinker, but my friends are usually impressed with the selection. I've had mixed drinks and the bartenders have done a good job. My only complaint is that I wish the bar area was larger. Have been on a weekend with three people and unable to get seat at the bar. We waited a bit and eventually did get seats.

• Visited February 2014

Been to Two Stones Pub? Share your experiences!