“Pleasant surprise.”

Comfort Inn and Suites
Ranked #3 of 24 Hotels in Newark
Reviewed 25 March 2013

The staff was excellent. From the front desk to the cleaning crew, everyone was friendly and courteous---seemed genuinely happy to be helpful! Rooms were clean (bathroom very clean) and there was a very interesting, nicely lighted desk-storage wall. Pillow cases didn't have that nice fresh scent I like, but the breakfast more than made up for that. What an event! Fresh fruit, good strong coffee, perfect omelets and chocolate waffles!! The guests chatted, raved about the food and were sent on their way by a most gracious host. (Maybe the cost which was less than half the nearby Hilton was what made it all seem so good.)

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 14 March 2013

I cant believe how comfortable the beds are at this hotel? They remind me of the W hotel beds.The bathroom was spotless, great water pressure, and just enough clean towels. If you can wake up in time for the free breakfast, trust me go. Its not the day old dry pastry, coffee, and fruit type of of breakfast. More like waffles, bacon, sausage, oatmeal, eggs, bagels, english muffins, juice and yogurt good morning breakfast. During breakfast time is when I experience the hotel staff excellent customer service skills. They made sure the eating area is always clean, and plenty of food to go around. The gym is also clean and right next to front desk so you feel safe for the late nite workouts. Front desk staff was very helpful in recommending places to eat, shop, etc. Whenever I come to Delaware for business this is my go to hotel.

Room Tip: I prefer a room farther away from the elevator.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 March 2013

My husband and I had been on the road all day when we pulled in to this Comfort Inn. We usually stay at Hampton Inns, but this hotel looked very inviting. From the moment we arrived until we checked out the next day we were very satisfie. The front desk was professional and very helpful, the room including the bathroom was very clean. We had a great nights sleep and was refreshed in the morning to continue down the road on our trip. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling in the area. It is away from the noise of the highway, but still easily accessable from the highway. We wll definitely plan on staying here the next time we are traveling in the area.

Room Tip: All rooms are away from the highway, so any room would be nice.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 February 2013

Service, lobby, room were all much better than I ever would have expected from Comfort Inn. This is one of Choice Privileges' Gold Medal hotels and there are good reasons why. Lovely, clean, newly-renovated room and bathroom. Lobby and halls were spotless, carpets were new and clean. Slept like a log and a great value. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank CoryE923
Reviewed 20 January 2013 via mobile

After a nightmare next door (Holiday Inn Express-who are disgusting), I found this hotel and have been extremely pleased. The room is incredible and the entire hotel is clean, safe and recently renovated.
I asked for a quiet room with a king bed and refrigerator and they delivered. Front desk Manager, Joe has been very professional, pleasant and the price is appropriate for this area. STAY HERE, not next door!!

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed 8 January 2013

I booked this hotel about six months ahead of us needing it and got a great rate. We would have had to pay $25 more per night had we waited until the last minute. This hotel was a Hampton Inn at one time, and per their website was completely remodeled in 2011. We found the hotel to be spotless, which is always my number one priority. The bathroom was impeccably clean!!! It was on the smaller side and arranged differently than I am used to, but it was inviting and very, very clean, which is all that really matters to me. We found it odd that there were no towel bars in the bathroom, but there were plenty of hooks. There were no request cards to save energy and reuse your towels. Obviously they can't do this because there is no room to hang the towels to dry. The towels were just the right plushness for me. Not too thick, and not too thin and scratchy like we find at some hotels.

The room has a coffeemaker, microwave, frig, desk, flat screen tv, iron, ironing board and hair dryer. I did not like the closet arrangement. I have never experienced this type of closet. The rod is placed perpendicular to the back wall of the closet. This means you can only easily see the item that is hanging in the front. We were at the hotel for a graduation ceremony in winter, so we had lots of dress clothes/coats. It was a pain finding what you needed. The least they could do is change the kind of hangers in these closets so you can remove the hanger with the item on it more easily.

The hotel was very quiet. We heard no outside noises. The hotel was not very crowded so it is hard to say what it would be like if there were lots of guests in the hotel. Our group booked three rooms and we all had issues with the heat. It was very, very difficult to regulate and the units were so noisy. Two of our rooms had wall thermostats and one had the controls in the unit itself. Considering the hotel was fully renovated in 2011, you would have thought this would not have been an issue. In November 2012 we stayed at a Comfort Inn in Paramus NJ and that heating unit was so quiet and regulated the heat perfectly. The units in this Comfort Inn definitely need some attention.

I do wish they would address the door at the back of the hotel near the elevators. When you walked by it in the hallway, it opened. Number one this can't be safe and number two it can't be energy efficient letting in cold air in the winter and hot air in the summer.

The front desk help was polite and friendly. The breakfast room was clean and inviting. The breakfast itself was pretty typical fare for this type of hotel. They had a type of omelet, hard boiled eggs, make your own waffles in two flavors, three kinds of cold cereal plus oatmeal. There was some cut up fruit and fresh fruit as well as yoghurt, bagels and donuts. I know there was a meat, but as a vegetarian I don't remember if it was sausage or bacon. They had juices, milk and coffee. The bold coffee was oh so strong, but the regular was excellent. They had some flavored creamers to go with it and a nice selection of teas.

Overall this is a REALLY NICE hotel. I would definitely choose to stay here again if we were in the area. It is convenient to the University of Delaware, shopping and a medical center. It would be my number one choice if the price was right, as it was this time.

If you have an older GPS without updated maps, you will find this location by looking up Hampton Inn, Newark, DE.

Room Tip: All I can suggest is to ask if some rooms have a better heating unit than others. We just had a diff...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 December 2012

In our mind, the Comfort Inn and Suites on 3 Concord Lane is a gem hidden in a mob of hotels around Newark. The Inn is about one year old as of December 2012. The rooms are beautifully decorated. We felt like royalty during each of the three visits we made in the last year.

The dining area is spacious, which means there's plenty of room for a dozen or more guests to have breakfast at one time. The food is hot or refrigerated as appropriate. The hot breakfast consists of eggs, ham/sausage/bacon, fresh toast or sausage gravy and biscuits. There's cold cereals, yogurt, fresh fruit. We easily had a complete breakfast.

The Inn offers a small but efficient and complete workout room. Security is excellent. The Inn is located near I 95, Exit 3, which means easy on-and-off. There are two gas stations within 300 feet. There are restaurants of all prices and menus within a 1 - 5 mile range. I believe the hotel is near the U Delaware campus, and I've seen the Christiana medical complex nearby.

We like the hotel as a stopping point between Raleigh-Durham, NC and Mid-coast Maine. We plan our arrival and departure around D.C. traffic, and the Inn is a good mid point.

We're sure you'll like ti too.

Room Tip: We've had three different rooms. All were excellent and equal in quality. All were quiet with no...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends