“Nice staff and a well maintained property”

Comfort Inn and Suites
Ranked #3 of 24 Hotels in Newark
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I have to say that the staff at this hotel are wonderful, at least the ones I dealt with during my 2 day stay. My room was fresh and clean, well maintained and well appointed. I was able to check in early and was upgraded to a better room. The exercise room is a little small, but they have what I needed so I was happy. Breakfast was nice, fresh and there were plenty of options (Eggs, bacon, pastries, waffles, fruit, cereal and oatmeal.) Coffee is available all day long. The rates are outstanding.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 4 June 2014

We stayed at this hotel one night for a trip to the Philadelphia Zoo from Maryland. We didn't leave home until late, so we didn't get to the hotel until after midnight. The door is locked at that point so we had to use the phone in the entrance to call for staff, and he came right away. Check in was smooth. The room was very nice. I haven't stayed at a Comfort Inn in years, and the room seemed very new and updated, average size. The bed and bedding was very comfortable.

Breakfast was ok. They had eggs and sausage, and other standard items. They had a waffle maker, which I wanted to use but the batter was empty. I alerted the staff, and they said they would put more out, but they never did. I ended up having a chocolate, filled donut instead, which was really good.

My daughter was very excited to go in the pool in the morning after breakfast, since it was Memorial Day, and it had just opened for the summer. However, the water was too cold, it's not a heated pool, even though it was warm outside. She didn't stay in long. It was otherwise a nice, little pool, nicely decorated and towels readily available.

I would definitely stay here again, it was reasonable compared to hotels closer to Philadelphia, and easy access to I-95.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Stayed here for one night following a Nascar event in Dover. It's about a 40 minute drive north of the track. The hotel looks brand new. Check in was a breeze. We had a 3rd floor king room. Very modern design, sleek. a/c worked very well. The bed was very comfy and they have a selection of pillows as well. Pretty big refrigerator. Coffee maker also in room. The room was spotless. They have breakfast buffet daily. Looked good, we just got coffee though. Many places to eat in area. We ate at Applebee's which was down the road. Getting on and off the interstate was easy. Good clean place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Walked into this Motel with a coupon we printed on line. The lady behind the desk said we don't take this coupon, without any explanation. I asked why. Again she repeated we don't take this coupon. My wife asked was it because it was Sunday and she replied, yes. She never told us the price for the night. We are a Choice Privileges member, and we were disappointed in the abruptness of the desk clerk.

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Jim F
Reviewed 27 May 2014

This was a fantastic hotel. I would highly recommend it to all travels. The hotel was very clean and nicely decorated. The complimentary breakfast offered a large variety of choices and the food was great. I'm very picky when it comes to hotel rooms, I'm always afraid I going to catch something. When I entered the room I felt right at home, nice bedding and fluffy pillows which is really important to me. The decor had very high end touches. The front desk staff was very accommodating, especially Trya Epps, she went out of her way to make me feel special. When it was time to leave the Manager took the time to talk with me and made suggestions for my next visit, he was very friendly. If you want to be treated like royalty even if your on a budget, this is the place to stay. I cannot remember having such an enjoyable experience. I will definitely be back. This will be my first hotel choice when visiting family in DE. I'd also like to thank Ebony who set-up my reservation and made the extra effort on my late arrival and late checkout request. She actually gave me a better rate than I was going to get on expedia.com website, (Wow, now that's impressive). I hope you guys continue your outstanding service of professionalism and making your guest feel welcomed and appreciated. Yes, good customer service does still exist!

Room Tip: Right off of I95 very convenient and easy to find.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Rodney P, General Manager at Comfort Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Thank you for selecting our hotel as your choice for overnight accommodations. I would like to express my gratitude for your heartwarming review of the hotel, it's amenities and guest service. I will personally let Tyra and Eboni know that their effort was greatly appreciated and a repeat guest has been created. Again, thank you for staying with us, and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

I stayed here for a couple of nights as part of a group meeting. The room and common areas were spotless, and my King bed suite (one room; not really divided) featured a nice sitting area as well. The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom spacious. The front desk staff was very friendly and accommodating. Parking is plentiful and free, with restaurants and convenience stores in close walking distance. One minor issue was that the connecting doors between rooms could be more sound-insulated, but that did not detract much from an otherwise excellent experience.

Room Tip: If you are planning on spending a fair amount of time in the room, a King bed suite may be a nice in...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 May 2014

This hotel has everything you really need in a hotel with good sized rooms, a nice breakfast selection, free wi-fi and newspaper plus 24 hr. coffee. The location is very convenient from I-95 with easy access. It was very clean and nicely decorated. There was nothing lacking for a hotel in this affordable price range. It is always a nice plus to have friendly and accommodating staff as well and this hotel had just that. Good stay and we would certainly return if we are in the area again.

Room Tip: 4th floor was very quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple