“Great place with a great price!!!”

Comfort Inn and Suites
Ranked #4 of 24 Hotels in Newark
Reviewed 5 August 2014

My husband and I came to Newark for a wedding. We loved this place. The hotel staff was wonderful and very kind. The hotel was very clean and the rooms were modern. The breakfast was great also. Once we entered the hotel we were surprised how nice it was based on our price. We definitely recommend it! Good job hotel staff!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn and Suites

Reviewed 5 August 2014

This is a very nice hotel. It is clean, feels almost new and is run by really nice people. However, it can be very loud. They had a kids baseball convention in for the weekend and let them run wild when we stayed there. The doors have a very strong return hinge and when it closes, it closes with a "bang". The walls are thin and the television next door is sort of in your room too. However, I think if the hotel had not been full of 50 eight to twelve year old boys, I would have had a different experience and I would go back and give it a try again. The rooms are comfortable and clean. The bathrooms are really nice and the bed is comfortable. A/C works well and is not too loud and parking is free. My advice to the manager is to get an overnight security guard to roam the halls the next time he books a large group like this.

Room Tip: Ask if they have large groups booked during your stay.
1  Thank Benspapa1
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Way too expensive for such an average place. The manager was rude and seemed inconvenienced that we were even trying to stay there. Our spidey senses were telling us we should go somewhere else, but we were tired, and I think neither of us wanted to make a decision. If you need a place to rest your head and the other hotel right near it is booked solid and you're OK paying a lot, this is the place for you.

Room Tip: Try the other hotel that's there first.
2  Thank Elizabeth F
Rodney P, General Manager at Comfort Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

I would like to apologize for the employee that you encountered at the front desk. I have spoken with him directly concerning your experience during the check in process. Guest service is why we are here, to welcome our guest, empathize with their needs and make sure the guest needs are met. I will work closely with this individual to enhance his guest service skills. Again, I extend an apology for the less than welcoming experience at the front desk.

Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel is awesome. Beautiful facility. Very clean, everything appears to be new. Rooms are very nice, beds comfortable and quiet. Everything in room you need. Breakfast very good, lots of choices. Staff was friendly, especially the gentleman in charge of breakfast. The pool was clean and beautiful, plus very secure. I would definitely stay here again. Thanks for your wonderful hospitality and beautiful accommodations.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Susan W
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I spent 2 weeks over a 3 week period at this hotel. As a Comfort Inn, I would rate this as one of the best I have stayed at so far. As an Economy hotel even better. The staff is friendly, helpful, and professional. Rooms are clean and well maintained. The noise level was very low. Christianna Mall is within 5 minutes and there are many restaurants to choose from. Breakfast was good and included in the price. I have recommended this hotel to our travel department and will stay here again when I am back in town.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank spaz4plastik
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Nice hotel that was very clean and had extremely helpful staff w/in 4 miles of the UDel Campus. Though the area is not bustling w/ nightlife, there are a sufficient number of stores and restaurants in the area to suffice. For parents of students at the nearby college (University of Delaware) it's a nice find.

Room Tip: If you are looking for a place to stay in the New Castle or Newark area, this is a hotel worth consi...
1  Thank mjggrop
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Stayed at Comfort Inn for new student orientation at Udel. Had a very pleasant stay last time we were here and it did not disappoint. Slight issue upon room type reserved on check in but manager on duty (sorry I did not get his name) resolved it with no problem. If you are looking for some local crabs while staying here and don't mind a scenic 20-30 min drive, check out Crabby Dick's in Delaware City. Had a lovely blue claw dinner on the outside deck overlooking the Delaware River. Have a feeling we will be back here many times in the next 4 years. Sorry I did not book earlier for Parent weekend!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business