Red Roof PLUS+ Wilmington
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Quality Inn(Newark)
View Hotel
All reviewsaccess roadlaminate floorsfront deskparking lotflat screen tvsafe arearooms are cleanother hotels in the areachecking inhotel roomwould recommend this hotel to anyoneup to datewater pressurechristiana hospitalgreat roomhome away from homecheryl
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 August 2013

We arrived very late and the front desk lady was very pleasant and eager to assist me, Check was no more than 5 minutes, it was like she knew my name and everything waiting for me. This was extremely pleasing, as we frequently stay at another location simply because of it's location near an airport. I have been a redicard member for years and feel that I really missed out by choosing the other location. I slept good and uninterrupted by and noise which is unheard of on Friday night. The room was very comfortable and nice. So I am still kicking myself for not coming to this location first. We will not make that mistake again. VERY NICE !!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: clean, safe, quiet and great staff
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 August 2013

I stayed here based on advice from Trip Advisor and was not disappointed. I arrived very late but my reservation was ready and the staff was most helpful. The room appeared to have been recently remodeled and was very nice. One note, the TV package could used an upgrade but that is only my opinion. Lots of news and sports, little else. There are a couple restaurants within walking distance. It can be a little tricky to find at night. You see the sign once you leave the highway but if you miss the hotel sign for the turn you must circle the block. All in all a very nice stay at a good price.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 July 2013

I needed to be up in Delaware earlier this month, and I checked out this hotel on a recommendation of a friend from Maryland who has stayed here. The staff was excellent, the room was clean. I had no problems. In fact, when I remembered I hadn't shown my AAA card at checkin, the desk clerk gave the rate when I stayed for the third night. Will stay again if I'm passing through Delaware again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank al_from_wildel
Reviewed 24 July 2013

It's tricky to get to the hotel if the map data of your GPS is not up to date. The roads around are undergoing reconstruction. Once you get familiar with the area, you know this location is very convenient to travel around. The rooms are renovated recently, but the bathroom is very small as it is impossible to close the bathroom door if you are sitting on the toilet. I found out when they renovate the rooms, they keep the old bath tub and toilet as there are few chips on the tub and stains on the toilet. The faucet at the sink is loose and keep swinging around whenever you turn the tap on. Overall, the staffs are friendly and helpful. I would tolerate to stay there for a night or two as the rate is reasonable.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank heheharhar13579
Reviewed 21 July 2013

We weren't familiar with the area but saw this in a coupon book advertising the Red Roof Inn for a reasonable price. Our experience in another Red Roof in another State had been so good that we decided to stay here, and we were very tired. The price was twice what we have ever paid anywhere else when on the road. We weren't familiar with the area so we didn't know until the next day that there are other motels in the area that we could have checked out. We were placed in a room that had the new renovated design, but someone didn't check to see if the furniture would fit! The room was so small that we could hardly move around without bumping into something. There was lots of noise with people sitting round grilling outside their rooms. There were 8 cats outside our room that evidently live in and around the dumpster. I don't mind cats, but am not comfortable when they come running every time I'm getting in the car. If we were planning to stay in a camp somewhere, we would have expected all this, but not at a motel off an interstate. And the location is such that you need a navigator to find your way to a restaurant and back. The breakfast the next day just wasn't! We didn't expect to have a microwave and refrigerator in our room, but we could at least have had a coffee pot. There's no pool, you just get a room. When we checked out, the "owner" was there. Evidently, he stays and sleeps in the very large lobby that could certainly be outfitted with tables & chairs and some kind of breakfast. Particularly, since he was charging downtown prices.

Room Tip: Keep going until you find another place to stay.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Ed W
Tom M, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Wilmington, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2013

Dear Ed W.,

I am sorry to hear that you were not happy with your stay. We strive to deliver a home away from home experience to every guest. Please contact me at the hotel when you have a moment. I have questions regarding your review and would like to apologize for the inconviences you experienced. 302-292-2870