Red Roof PLUS+ Wilmington
US$118
FourPoints.com
US$143
Comfort Inn and Suites(Newark)(Great Value!)
US$103
Courtyard
US$136
US$126
HIExpress.com
All reviewsaccess roadlaminate floorsfront deskparking lotflat screen tvsafe arearooms are cleanother hotels in the areachecking inhotel roomwould recommend this hotel to anyoneup to datewater pressurechristiana hospitalgreat roomhome away from homecheryl
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 October 2013 via mobile

Booked here for convenience of Location to where we needed near Girlfriends family. An liked stay friendly staff when we checked in The main was a clean reasonably modern room. But the bathroom could of been far better there were a good few hairs scatted about bath area it's a shame that something like this can drop your view of a room i would of rated it 5 if it wasn't for this. I would however stay here again. And intend to in a few weeks!!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Tom M, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Wilmington, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2013

Dear Spider666,

Thank you for reviewing your stay at my Inn. I will pass on your comments to our housekeeping staff. I can assure you that this is not a usual occurance. I am fortunate to have a staff who takes great pride in giving our guests the best home away from home experience.

Look forward to seeing you during your next Wilmington visit. Please feel free to stop by the desk and ask for me.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

The staff were great and attentive but they have to do something about the smell in the rooms.
They did such a good job renovating this inn except for scrubbing the rooms of smoke residue. I tried 3 rooms and decieded to stop checking and settled for the least smokey.
I know I tend to be a single issue critic, but most other "smoke free" properties do a pretty good job.
I don't know what they do with the $200.00 fine, but they sure don't use it to get the tobacco residue out.

Room Tip: If you sleep in aviod rooms near the laundry. If you have a lot of clothes or gear get a first floor room with an adjacent parking space. No luggage carts here, just a laundry cart with no hangar rod.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Mitch P

Dear Silverfxr,

Thank you for your comments about our Inn. Yes, you are correct about the smoking issues at our hotel. We are extremely happy to be 100% smoke free. However, this is a constant challenge to assure guests do not smoke in rooms. We are looking to add a outdoor smoking pavillion in the near future to give our smoking guest an area to use. Housekeepers are also trained in how to properly clean any room where smoking may be suspected.

We are happy to hear that you like our new product and look forward to rolling out more new items in the next few months.

Thank you for staying at our Inn!

Reviewed 1 October 2013

My son and I were traveling and taking a flight out of Wilmington Airport. We drove down the night before and needed a hotel. We were trying to find a safe, clean hotel and not break the budget. We trusted the Trip Advisor reviews and got a great AAA rate for this hotel. The check-in was quick and efficient and the room was spotless and appeared to have been recently updated. We had no complaints and the price was extremely fair.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank TC-PA

Dear TC_PA,

Thank you for commenting about your recent stay at my Inn. The staff is pleased to hear about how you enjoyed your stay. Many guests are suprised at how nice of a room Red Roof Inn's have for such a reasonable price.

I hope you will remember us the next time you are in Wilmington!

Reviewed 30 August 2013

We had driven 16 hours, so I was glad when it only took a couple of minutes to check in. Rooms were newly refurbished and the beds were very comfy. No hair dryer. Downside were the people hanging out in the parking lot. There was a 1st floor room that had it's door open and was dark inside, but you could hear people talking. There were a couple of girls sitting in a vehicle near the room. The whole situation made me uncomfortable. Also, it is very difficult to find. Follow the signs or you will be driving around in circles. Ate dinner at the Chili's and was disappointed that all the food was subpar. Also, we were traveling with a dog and this was one of the few places that allowed pets with only a $10 per night fee.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 August 2013

For our road trip perfectly located near the highway with lots of restaurants nearby. But it was a bit hard to get there. Make sure to follow the Red Roof Inn signs. We got a king standard room on 2nd floor where unfortunately (although it is 100 % smoke-free) somebody had smoked inside recently. Also the linen were dirty and had cigarette burns. I went to the receptionist and she gave us another room on 3rd floor without complaining. That's what I call perfect service! We enjoyed our stay at this Red Roof Inn which already had the new modern Red Roof style.

Room Tip: Just ask for it
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family