“Good for a Night”

Ranked #13 of 24 Hotels in Newark
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Good for a Night”
Reviewed 11 November 2013

In the 1-star class of motels, we chose this unit based on the many solid reviews. For the price it's a good spot to stop over for a night. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. In fact the room we were in had been recently remodeled. Pretty sure folks smoke in these rooms. I know our room had been smoked in extensively as the odor stuck to our clothing. It's too bad because I could tell the management is trying but there is only so much they do if the customers insist on being jerks.The heating unit worked really well as did the cooler although that was a little loud. The hotel seemed very quiet the nigh we visited and that was appreciated. The bath was OK but it was a funky setup with the sink out near the unenclosed hangers. The toilet and shower separate. We didn't care at all for the relative darkness on the room. The lighting was poor and the place just felt dark and depressing at once. I just couldn't see living here for more than a night if for no other reason than the darkness in the room.

Room Tip: Nearby construction starts very early in the morning so be aware.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 5 November 2013

I stayed there one night as a stop to break up my 12 hour drive. Room 201 was clean. The bathroom, towels, sheets, sink, counter tops...all looked sanitary. And the shower had good water pressure and I felt safe. It was an easy check in and an easy check out. The staff was courteous. I had a little difficulty finding the street entrance off the freeway, but figured it out fairly quickly and made corrections. I'd stay there again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
New Castle
Reviewed 10 October 2013

We had a very pleasant stay at this hotel. Our room was very cleaned and it smelled very nice. I would recommend it for the price. The staff were very courteous and professional. In addition, there is a Chili's right there in the parking lot next to the hotel. We ate there daily for the duration of our trip which lasted for four days. Please have a navigation device handy if you are new to the area as the hotel is hard to find at night.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Florida
Reviewed 8 October 2013

The Red Roof was a pleasant surprise! Clean, comfortable, and quiet (at least where I was staying), I couldn't ask for much more for the price.

When I first arrived, the A/C (room 219) was LOUD ... humming and buzzing. I tried smacking it a few times but to no avail. The front desk immediately moved me (on request) to a different room (317) and that was the extent of the issue. The room was clean (and kept that way by housekeeping who did an excellent job), the bedding was comfortable, and even though it was not an empty place (judging by the cars in the parking lot), it was remarkably quiet.

Definitely won't hesitate to stay again!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Tom M, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Wilmington, responded to this review, 10 October 2013
Dear Paradigmwg,

Thank your for your comments about my Inn. Myself and the staff love to hear feedback about our guests stay.

We look forward to hosting your next visit to Delaware!
Great Yarmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 October 2013 via mobile

Booked here for convenience of Location to where we needed near Girlfriends family. An liked stay friendly staff when we checked in The main was a clean reasonably modern room. But the bathroom could of been far better there were a good few hairs scatted about bath area it's a shame that something like this can drop your view of a room i would of rated it 5 if it wasn't for this. I would however stay here again. And intend to in a few weeks!!

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Spider666,

Thank you for reviewing your stay at my Inn. I will pass on your comments to our housekeeping staff. I can assure you that this is not a usual occurance. I am fortunate to have a staff who takes great pride in giving our guests the best home away from home experience.

Look forward to seeing you during your next Wilmington visit. Please feel free to stop by the desk and ask for me.
Roswell
Reviewed 7 October 2013

The staff were great and attentive but they have to do something about the smell in the rooms.
They did such a good job renovating this inn except for scrubbing the rooms of smoke residue. I tried 3 rooms and decieded to stop checking and settled for the least smokey.
I know I tend to be a single issue critic, but most other "smoke free" properties do a pretty good job.
I don't know what they do with the $200.00 fine, but they sure don't use it to get the tobacco residue out.

Room Tip: If you sleep in aviod rooms near the laundry. If you have a lot of clothes or gear get a first floor...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Mitch P
Dear Silverfxr,

Thank you for your comments about our Inn. Yes, you are correct about the smoking issues at our hotel. We are extremely happy to be 100% smoke free. However, this is a constant challenge to assure guests do not smoke in rooms. We are looking to add a outdoor smoking pavillion in the near future to give our smoking guest an area to use. Housekeepers are also trained in how to properly clean any room where smoking may be suspected.

We are happy to hear that you like our new product and look forward to rolling out more new items in the next few months.

Thank you for staying at our Inn!
POCONOS, PA
Reviewed 1 October 2013

My son and I were traveling and taking a flight out of Wilmington Airport. We drove down the night before and needed a hotel. We were trying to find a safe, clean hotel and not break the budget. We trusted the Trip Advisor reviews and got a great AAA rate for this hotel. The check-in was quick and efficient and the room was spotless and appeared to have been recently updated. We had no complaints and the price was extremely fair.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank TC-PA
Dear TC_PA,

Thank you for commenting about your recent stay at my Inn. The staff is pleased to hear about how you enjoyed your stay. Many guests are suprised at how nice of a room Red Roof Inn's have for such a reasonable price.

I hope you will remember us the next time you are in Wilmington!