“Very Pleasant Place To Stay”

Red Roof PLUS+ Wilmington
Ranked #13 of 24 Hotels in Newark
Reviewed 27 January 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend and I have stayed at this location a couple of times when visiting my family. We've had no issues and you would never know they are pet friendly! I booked a stay over the last weekend for just one night (great price) I checked in and I was given my room key..I did request to stay in the same room as my last visit if the room was available when I made my reservation but that wasn't noted?! So we go to the room and it smelled like smoke so bad! Well my gf and I don't smoke so we weren't going to stay in a room that smelled like it. So I went to front desk advised them of issue and w/o any questions she was going to give me another room so I asked if room # blah blah blah was available and she said yes...so I was a happy camper! Love the location & staff. Also being pet friendly is a big plus for me as my fur child does travel with us at times. Thank You Red Roof Inn!!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 15 January 2014

The Bathroom was not very clean. Toilet rim not cleaned properly, hair still on the floor. The towels smelled...like they were still dirty. Eeee. That's just nasty!! No front desk button on phone.....

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

The location was excellent. Right off I 95. Have to do a loop but that was fine. Room was nicely decorated and very clean. Close to a number of food chains red lobster, bugboo, applebee and chilies. Close to the casino. Only drawback was the night time front desk person, Dawn, who was not pleasant and not helpful. She was not the person who checked us in and that's a good thing, because if she was the first person we had come into contact with, would not have stayed here.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 16 November 2013

We have stayed several times now and it is always a pleasure. From the front staff to housekeeping it is a great experience. Rooms are clean, smell good and are very clean. We don't have pets but Red Roof Inn is pet friendly and you would not know it. This Inn makes sure that the housekeeping is always perfect. No dog hair or dried food left in the corners like the one in Carlisle Pennsylvania. Only a hop skip and a jump to the Casino. If you are looking for a good clean place to stay-------BOOK A ROOM HERE!!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Surprised to pay for general facilities like Microwave and refrigerator. Room doesn't have iron or ironing board. Very narrow bathroom. No Laundry in the hotel. Surrounding area is feels away from locality and unsafe. I am very disappointed.

Room Tip: Check the amenities before you book
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 November 2013

In the 1-star class of motels, we chose this unit based on the many solid reviews. For the price it's a good spot to stop over for a night. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. In fact the room we were in had been recently remodeled. Pretty sure folks smoke in these rooms. I know our room had been smoked in extensively as the odor stuck to our clothing. It's too bad because I could tell the management is trying but there is only so much they do if the customers insist on being jerks.The heating unit worked really well as did the cooler although that was a little loud. The hotel seemed very quiet the nigh we visited and that was appreciated. The bath was OK but it was a funky setup with the sink out near the unenclosed hangers. The toilet and shower separate. We didn't care at all for the relative darkness on the room. The lighting was poor and the place just felt dark and depressing at once. I just couldn't see living here for more than a night if for no other reason than the darkness in the room.

Room Tip: Nearby construction starts very early in the morning so be aware.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 November 2013

I stayed there one night as a stop to break up my 12 hour drive. Room 201 was clean. The bathroom, towels, sheets, sink, counter tops...all looked sanitary. And the shower had good water pressure and I felt safe. It was an easy check in and an easy check out. The staff was courteous. I had a little difficulty finding the street entrance off the freeway, but figured it out fairly quickly and made corrections. I'd stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo