“Elise”

Red Roof PLUS+ Wilmington
Ranked #13 of 24 Hotels in Newark
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Exceptional stay. Very clean. Elise worked to get the right price after unknowingly booking through a third party. This should be corrected since I want to know who has my credit card. I will no longer use online due the hassle of the reservation. Thank goodness there are employees like Elise. She worked the issue for several days. Extremely pleasant and was able to calm me down and make things work out for a beautiful stay. Will return.

Room Tip: Wifi not the best reach to my room
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 26 June 2014

This place is absolutely disgusting! Woke up with bites all over - the room we are staying in has bed bugs! I saw a giant one crawling on the bed too. The sheets have holes and stains on them. DO NOT STAY HERE. Now we have to deal with bed bugs before we go home.

I am very upset with my stay. When we went to the front desk - there was no manager on duty. A lady named Michelle was extremely rude and had attitude when we let her know there were bed bugs and we wanted a refund. I am extremely upset with the way that she handled the situation and think it's absolutely ridiculous to be treated in such an inconsiderate manner. This was the worst stay I've ever encountered at any hotel.

When I called to complain - the man on the phone said the Guest Relations department was not open and to send an email. Never have I ever been compelled to complain about an establishment but this was far from any sort of hospitality. I will never be staying at this hotel again. She refunded us the room but for all the extra trouble we must now deal with AND for her unprofessionalism I simply do not think a refund is enough.

The hotel key also doesn't work every other night so plan on going to the front desk to get a new key.

Pay a little more and go somewhere else. Not worth your time!

Room Tip: No rooms. Don't support this horrible hotel chain. They don't care about their guest experie...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
5  Thank Cyn242
Tom M, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Wilmington, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Good Afternoon Cyn242,

I am sorry to hear about your stay and how you were treated while staying at my inn. Please contact me at your convenience so I can correct this issue. The staff and myself always strive to deliver exceptional customer service and I want to discuss your stay and what I can do to make everything right. Please call me at 302-292-2870 or email at i0190@redroof.com.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Visited a friend in Wilmington while i was on vacation in NYC so i only needed a room here for one night. decently priced and a good room for what it was. the girl at the desk seemed very rude when i checked in but like i said i could care less. i just dropped my bag in the room and went out with my friend till midnight then checked out at 7am the next morning when we went down to the beach. all in all the room served its purpose.

Room Tip: If staying here more than one night use one of the upper rooms for more comfort. cant really say muc...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Dear Yankees2009champs,

Thank you for writing a review about my Inn. I am sorry to hear that you didn't have a good check in experience. Please feel free to reach out to me so I can correct the issue you experienced. At my Red Roof Plus, I expect excellent customer service delivered to each and every guest. The next time you are in Wilmington I hope you will give us another chance.

Thanks,

Reviewed 2 June 2014

In spite of clams that the hotel was 100% smoke free, as soon as we opened the door to our room it was obvious that someone had been smoking in there very recently. Also, this hotel was newly renovated but the workmanship seems like it was very poor. The toilet seat was loose and the bathtub was stopped up. Given the amount that we paid for the room, we could have done just as well if not better at one of the several other hotels in the area.

To be fair, I stayed there for one night about a month ago and didn't have any of these problems. But based on my experience this weekend I won't be back.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank PowerLounger2007

Dear PowerLounger2007,

Thank you for writing a review about my Red Roof Plus. Our Inn is 100% smoke free. Unfortunately, we have some guests who don't agree with that policy. The staff tries to make every attempt to make sure all guests adhere to this. However, when do come across this issue we contact housekeeping immediately to rectify this. I hope the next time you are traveling through Wilmington you consider staying at my Inn.

Thanks,

Reviewed 9 May 2014

I liked the updated rooms. The raised sinks were great. Beds were comfortable. The laminate floors with area rugs is genius. It makes it feel much cleaner in my opinion. We had a basic room, which is just that. No hair dryer, iron, microwave, fridge or anything of that nature. I didn't realize this when we booked. No continental breakfast. With that being said, i feel the $80.00+ per night was high.
I'm a stickler for details. The day of arrival we noticed the raised sink had old soaps and a wrapper that fell behind it and the mirror. Housekeeping FAIL. Upon leaving to attend a sporting event we asked the front desk where the ice machine was. After locating it with our cooler in hand we open the machine and its bone dry. Not a cube to be had. Makes you wonder how they wouldn't know this.
Overall its still a decent place to stay. I felt safe, the staff is courteous and helpful. Chili's is in the parking lot which was great.

Room Tip: Wifi service is not very strong on the first floor.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PirateMom13
Reviewed 2 May 2014

It's the first time we stayed at a Red Roof. What attracted us in the first place was it's not only pet-friendly, there's also no extra charge for the pet, unlike most hotels that charged from $10 to $100, $25 being the most common. Weeks after I made the booking, I receive an email promo for "Bring Your Humans" to receive 20% discount. How neat is that!
No problem finding the hotel with aid of a GPS.
The grounds were OK. Not landscaped but clean.
Reception was good and friendly.
The room was well appointed with microwave oven, fridge and coffee maker. Flat screen TV with lots of channels. Free WiFi that worked well (we were on the 3rd floor). Room was tastefully decorated. A/C worked. Hot/Cold water worked. Everything worked as they should and housekeeping did a nice job. Room service is available. We did not use it. The menu and pricing looked good.
We checked out a day earlier because of impending rain (did not want to be stuck in a hotel room). And it was no problem with the hotel. The charge was adjusted accordingly. The man who checked us out was very friendly and obviously loved his job.
Next door is Chilli and there are many other restaurants within 10 mins drive.
We go to this area often because of the many state parks where we take our dog for exercise.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank ArtNYC
Reviewed 20 April 2014

It took us two shots, and an around the block run with the GPS, but once you learn to turn in to a road with no visible sign of the hotel, there it is! Room was recently renovated, I think, and was just fine. Sort of the standard Red Roof decor, but newish, and clean. Quiet too-- being in the woods. It's nice to have a woodsy setting for a motel in Delaware-- not what you'd expect.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends