“Travel for Business more like Pleasure”

Extended Stay America - Newark - Christiana - Wilmington
Ranked #22 of 24 Hotels in Newark
Dillsburg, Pennsylvania
“Travel for Business more like Pleasure”
Reviewed 12 December 2012

This hotels' friendly staff truly makes this a home away from home experience. Centrally located close to I-95 and other major roads in the area but tucked away where road noise isn't an issue. The management and staff here truly care about making you comfortable and keeping your visit enjoyable. This is the only hotel in the area where I will stay.

Room Tip: Rooms that back up to the local hospital may experience some helicopter noise.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
PropertyManager28, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Newark - Christiana - Wilmington, responded to this review, 14 December 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Newark/Christiana. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Lanham, Maryland, United States
Reviewed 10 December 2012

I have been staying at this hotel for about nine months now, and will be here until March of 2013. I must say that Diane and Cheryl, make me feel right at home. The staff is great, and the rooms clean. I will recommend this hotel to friends and family.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Newark - Christiana. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) location
Monsey, New York
Reviewed 24 October 2012

clean,quiet and excellent front desk help. never an issue .
Price is right,location off 95 is perfect. This is a place where you can come on business or take your family.
5 minutes from Christiana mall and a few miles from Wilmington

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
PropertyManager28, Manager at Extended Stay America - Newark - Christiana - Wilmington, responded to this review, 25 October 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America - Newark/Christiana. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America.

Orlando, Florida, United States
Reviewed 13 October 2012

Location is very easy to locate and staff is amazing, everyone who is working there is very knowledgeable with the area and are just pleasant and helpful. Rooms are very nice and clean, large space for you to get work done or even have a meeting in the room if necessary. Hotel wifi is a bit sluggish being the only downfall. But clean rooms and great rates win out !

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
PropertyManager28, Manager at Extended Stay America - Newark - Christiana - Wilmington, responded to this review, 16 October 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Homestead Newark - Christiana. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Queens, NY
Reviewed 26 September 2012

We needed a low price hotel for just one night, this hotel was just what we asked for. The room was clean and did not have the smell of smoke at all. If you need a basic hotel suite (sofabed, kitchen, king size bed, and bathroom) then this is the place for your family.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that you enjoy the rooms and the friendly service provided. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 28 July 2012

Myself, my wife and my 13 year old daughter recently stayed two nights while we down in Delaware for a Lacrosse tournament. We were a little nervous after reading some of the negative reviews but were pleasantly suprised as everything was very nice. We had a large room with a king sized bed, pullout couch and kitchen. The room looked newly renovated, everthing was very clean, the TV was a new flatscreen with a great picture, the AC worked perfectly and the pullout was comfortable. Despite many of the reviews, we didn't notice any smell of cigarette smoke anywhere in the hotel. Everything was fine and we plan to stay there again next year.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank GFamilyTravelers
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Newark - Christiana - Wilmington, responded to this review, 1 August 2012

Bolton, Massachusetts
Reviewed 18 June 2012

This hotel seems to cater to smokers. I reserved a non-smoking room and was given
a smoking room. When I complained, I was told they hadn't had any non-smoking rooms
available for the night we reserved for at least a month prior to my request. They claimed
that it was the company we reserved through (Hotels.com) who made the reservation knowing
there was not a room available to meet our request. I've reviewed Hotels.com separately.
When I suggested to the clerk that maybe they didn't have enough non-smoking rooms if they
were booked that much quicker than the smoking rooms--she told me it would be discriminatory to reduce the smoking room numbers. I made a remark about it being unfair to be forced to breath other peoples smoke and she basically threw my room keys at me.
When I went to my car to discuss our situation with my family, there were two employees
smoking away right on the front steps--you literally had to step between them to get in the door.
While the fault may lie with Hotels .com --this hotel stinks of smoke--so I will avoid it like the plague and I advise anyone who wants fresh air to avoid it as well.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Newark - Christiana - Wilmington, responded to this review, 16 July 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Homestead Newark - Christiana. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

We know that our guests have multiple hotel choices, which is why we strive so hard to accommodate them with clean, comfortable rooms at an exceptional price. In order to meet the needs of our guests, we try as hard as we can to accommodate all non-smoking room requests. Clearly this was regrettable in that we could not fulfill your request.