I needed a place to stay for a business trip in town. Our company had a negotiated discount with this Courtyard locaiton.
Finding the hotel was easy as I drove into town on Rte 273 with signs pointing the way onto Rte 896.
My room (236) was a non-smoking double queen. It was a decent sized room with a chair for reading and a business desk and swivel chair. The room's view overlooked the roof of what I think was the pool. There was a small fridge and a large HDTV with plenty of channels available.
As for the work desk area, it was limited with space. The swivel chair did not raise up very high, so the desk top was higher than what I am used to working with.
Downstairs, they had a small restaurant with a breakfast buffet as well as a bar area. I did not eat there, but I did have a beer ($9 for a draft pint).
The hotel is located about a half mile walk from Main Street with plenty of dining options.
Overall, I thought it was one of the nicer Courtyards I have visited.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on a beautiful suburban campus, the Courtyard by Marriott Newark - University of Delaware offers impeccable service coupled with state-of-the-art technology. Our beautifully appointed guestrooms offer all the comforts of home, and feature well-lit workstations, complimentary wired and wireless internet service. This is a select service hotel with full service amenities, free parking, oversized guest rooms, and breakfast buffet or hot items cooked to order. The lobby lounge and dinner service is available seven days a week. If you love seafood then make sure to feast yourself on our award winning crab cakes. It will be our pleasure meeting your business or conference needs with nearby businesses such as WL Gore, Bank of America, and Siemens. We are also adjacent to Clayton Hall Conference Center, a University-run facility that boasts over 40,000 square feet of meeting space. If it’s fun you’re looking for, you can test your luck at Delaware Park, experience some of Delaware’s “tax-free” shopping at Christiana Mall, or take in some culture in the neighboring Brandywine Valley. The Courtyard by Marriott Newark - University of Delaware takes pride in being one of Delaware’s first “Green Lodging” establishments. Stop by and stay with us! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Marriott, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon and Hotel.de so you can book your Courtyard Newark-University of Delaware reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Newark - University Of Delaware Hotel Newark
- Courtyard Newark
- Newark Marriott
- Newark Courtyard
- Courtyard University Of Delaware