I stayed at this hotel for a recent conference. The hotel is clean and well appointed. The front desk staff was friendly. The room was comfortable and very clean. The location though "on campus" is on the far fringes of campus, it is a good 15 min walk to the main drag or the heart of campus. The pool was warm and the hot tub hot.
Two things that keep it from getting a better rating from me:
- the heat wasn't on in the rooms. The University owns the building and therefore dictates when the heat gets turned on. There is no advanced notice of this, so I spent time playing with the theromstat in the room, that did nothing. I would have liked up-front notice when I checked in along with an offer of space heaters or blankets (both of which they offered once I complained).
- the staff didn't know how to split the bill between me and my "roommate" for the conference. It took them about 30 minutes when I was checking out to get the bill right. They did offer me a snack while I waited, and were really polite about it, but it still was something that should have been straight forward.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on a beautiful suburban campus, the Courtyard by Marriott Newark - University of Delaware offers impeccable service coupled with state-of-the-art technology. Our beautifully appointed guestrooms offer all the comforts of home, and feature well-lit workstations, complimentary wired and wireless internet service. This is a select service hotel with full service amenities, free parking, oversized guest rooms, and breakfast buffet or hot items cooked to order. The lobby lounge and dinner service is available seven days a week. If you love seafood then make sure to feast yourself on our award winning crab cakes. It will be our pleasure meeting your business or conference needs with nearby businesses such as WL Gore, Bank of America, and Siemens. We are also adjacent to Clayton Hall Conference Center, a University-run facility that boasts over 40,000 square feet of meeting space. If it’s fun you’re looking for, you can test your luck at Delaware Park, experience some of Delaware’s “tax-free” shopping at Christiana Mall, or take in some culture in the neighboring Brandywine Valley. The Courtyard by Marriott Newark - University of Delaware takes pride in being one of Delaware’s first “Green Lodging” establishments. Stop by and stay with us! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Marriott, Expedia, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Courtyard Newark-University of Delaware reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Newark - University Of Delaware Hotel Newark
- Courtyard Newark
- Newark Marriott
- Newark Courtyard
- Courtyard University Of Delaware