“Great Stay/Location”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Newark/Wilmington South
Ranked #5 of 24 Hotels in Newark
Reviewed 9 March 2014

We stayed here for a 3 night visit while attending an ice hockey tournament at Delaware University. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The gym facility was very clean and had a nice amount of equipment. We stayed in a king room. I love how these hotels have the kitchen amenities. Make it very easy to prep food and save some money. Our room was very clean and had everything we needed. We will definitely return if we are back in Newark again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 15 February 2014

Check in was pleasant, and there is a nice pantry to purchase food for your room. The lobby is pleasant as well, and they offer a very nice breakfast (though I didn't see any bacon!!), and also a dinner in the evening, which was very tasty. The bed was extremely comfortable, and I would stay here again. It is also directly across the parking lot from TGI Fridays. I've been a travel agent over 30 years, and would not hesitate to book corporate or leisure travelers here.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 February 2014

We've stayed here a few times while in town and the best thing about this place is the Dinner and Breakfast. The Breakfast staff stays on top of things and the Dinner staff is the same. No matter the occupancy, these folks put together a wonderful spread.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank DontSleep
Reviewed 5 February 2014

When I entered and explained that my other guests would not be joining me and I wouldn't need a large room I was given an upgrade to a nicer room. It made my stay even better. The location was convenient to the activity I had planned and the breakfast was excellent. The selection of both hot and cold foods along with the fruits that were offered made the free breakfast one of the best I have ever had in a hotel. I will definitely be back.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 January 2014

Being a frequent business Traveler, this hotel made me feel right at home. It was a pleasure to come back from a long day, and relax. Staff was amazing, and helpful. This was a Great stay, and I was able to commute to my office easily. Great Location! Tried to stay here again, but it was sold out. will Book for next time!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Arriving at Embassy Suites at 9PM with a reservation, we were told that they were experiencing problems and were upgrading us to Homewood Suites next door at the same price. It was a great place to stay with the exception of a hot tub and no omelettes.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 January 2014

I stayed here while attending a conference sponsored by the University of Delaware.

Hotel was spotlessly clean, spacious, and quiet. TV worked clearly, and close enough to multiple eating spots, and an easy drive to the University.

In-room kitchen had all the necessary tools to cook a great meal during my stay

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Travellers also viewed these Newark hotels
0 mi away
Hampton Inn & Suites Wilmington Christiana
Candlewood Suites Newark South
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wilmington-Newark
Hilton Wilmington / Christiana

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Newark/Wilmington South? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Homewood Suites by Hilton Newark/Wilmington South

Address: 640 S College Ave, Newark, DE 19713-1315
Region: United States > Delaware > Newark
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#1 Family Hotel in Newark
#2 Business Hotel in Newark
#2 Romantic Hotel in Newark
Price Range: £85 - £163 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Homewood Suites by Hilton Newark/Wilmington South 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Homewood Suites by Hilton Newark/Wilmington South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Homewood Suites Newark/Wilmington South Hotel Newark