Homewood Suites by Hilton Newark/Wilmington South
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewsfull kitchentwo bedroom suitebreakfast and dinnerbreakfast crewindoor poolcomplimentary breakfasthome away from homewafflestgi fridaysfresh fruitgreat place to stayhousekeeping staffparking lotdefinitely stay here againenjoyed my stayuniversitydelaware
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We traveled on 8/2/14 and stayed with our dog (pet-friendly). The room was great, esp. the King size bed, very comfortable! Loved the walk-in shower! Breakfast was great! I wish we could have stayed longer! Love the kitchenette area! When I asked for extra towels, they came up quick!The only issue was that the sink in the bathroom area did not drain properly. The staff was friendly as well!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank HeidiP2000
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Staff were both helpful regards hotel resources and knowledgeable about local resources and events. Staff at front desk were able to direct us to locations and facilites in the area that enhanced our travel and visit.l

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I am a diamond member, so I stay in hilton hotels frequently. This hotel is not up to the standard, and worse, they don't care about feedback. The air conditioning didn't work, and the room was not clean. Blood on the bathroom floor, a rancid smell in the kitchen sink, and a dismissive response from the front desk. At $169.00 per stay and the hilton name, I expect more quality. I suggest you check out the room before your stay, because some rooms may be acceptable.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank blinks331
Annette H, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Newark/Wilmington South, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor after your recent stay with us. We appreciate your feedback as it assists us on improving our service and quality.

I am hoping to get an opportunity to speak with you regarding your stay and do hope to hear from you soon. I am sorry for the experience you had and ask that you please either email or call me at my contact information below. Your opinions are important to us.

Kind Regards,

Annette H.
302-453-9700

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Two night stay this time after several days last summer. This time, a room away from elevator shaft making it just about perfect. For some reason water was off to kitchen sink and garbage masher. The maintenance guy was up in five minutes and got it going... a Friday evening! Suite was clean, well set up and well kept. Lacrosse was the featured weekend sport so we had a hallway soccer practice going which did in a hall light, good kids and families though! That was fixed next morning.

Better than our last stay were three servers on the breakfast buffet, all food hot, well kept and clean. Great stay, wouldn't go elsewhere if this is available.

Somewhere below I see a reference to a "smell" and I too sensed this walking in the front and side door. I thought maybe propane or sterno but obviously not. It's a bit offensive and they should resolve this. Once you stay inside a bit, you don't notice it.

Room Tip: Stay away from elevator shaft, the n15 numbered rooms I think. You get that motor sound whenever the abutting elevator is used.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Ordinarily, I adore Homewood Suites and did not hesitate to make reservations at one we had not visited before. This one was nothing like the others. I asked for a two-room suite and got one large room. The pull-out sofa for my teenage son had a very old mattress that caved in the middle. The sheets were ridiculously large and smelled musty. The cooling system was very loud, cycling on and off all night. We were either too hot or too cold all night. I cannot recommend this particular Homewood Suites although, as I said, I love this chain overall.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family