“Food was okay, service was non-existent”
Review of Applebee's

Applebee's
Ranked #107 of 369 Restaurants in Newark
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 24 November 2012

We stopped in before our daughter's ballet practice to get a quick dinner. Very few tables were taken, and our waiter stopped by quickly to take drink orders. Everything was fine up to when dinner arrived. Our waiter was pleasant and the food was brought out quickly.
Then our waiter disappeared. I would have figured he was giving us some space, except that I had asked for a refill. A couple arrived, was seated in the booth next to us, and left after the same waiter never appeared. My wife finally went to the bar, asked for refills and brought them back to our table. We then asked for the manager. No-one had seen our waiter for about fifteen minutes.
The manager was apologetic and understanding, and did cut the bill in half. She explained that the waiter was new and still learning their system. Since the other couple, on their way out, also told the manager that the waiter was AWOL, I would have guessed that they would have figured out how to cover the five tables that were occupied.
Still, the food was fine, served quickly, and the manager did have a last ditch effort. I'm not sure that's enough to bring me back.

Reviewed 2 July 2012

We wanted a light meal and knew Applebee's menu provided several options. Our server, Mike, was very efficient and pleasant.

Reviewed 25 January 2012

Had dinner here with a total of 13 people for my daughter's graduation from UD. Had done a 'call ahead' for when we thought we'd be done with graduation and ended up calling back to make the 'call ahead' earlier since graduation wasn't quite as long as expected. They were very accommodating. They said it was OK to bring in a cake for dessert. Our server was extremely efficient. A very good experience!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
State College, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 23 November 2007

I love their Fiesta Lime Chicken. I ate here way more times than I should have as a grad student.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook