“Good Food & Service”

Applebee's
Ranked #149 of 377 Restaurants in Newark
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 15 April 2014

We stopped in the other night for dinner. We were seated immediately and given menus. The gentleman who sat us brought us water while we waited for our waitress. She was over in a few more minutes. We ordered the fiesta lime chicken, half rack of ribs and a kids chicken tender meal. Our food was out to us in about 10 minutes. It was SUPER fast. The food was all good. My husband loves their fiesta lime chicken. I had the ribs with the honey bbq sauce. They were good, but not the meatiest ribs. Next time I think I would order the full rack. The fries were good, but a tad on the salty side. Kids tenders were good too. Atmosphere was casual, relaxed and seemed clean. Service was pretty good. Our waitress even made sure to settle up our bill promptly since a HUGE party from a tour bus was arriving. She wanted to make sure we didn't get forgotten in the hustle & bustle of getting that party seated with drink orders.

Overall, a decent dining experience. The food was all good & service was good too. It was not AMAZING, so I am not in a hurry to go back. However, I would eat there again IF in the area & in need of a decent sit down lunch/dinner away from the hustle and bustle of downtown Main St.

1  Thank daisyferret1

Reviewed 27 December 2012 via mobile

Sometimes I just want a predictable, decent meal to share with my wife. The Chicken oriental salad delivers taste and quantity at 10 bucks!

Reviewed 2 December 2012

I liked that they had a calorie controlled menu (under 550 calories) with healthy good tasting options. I had a grilled chicken breast served with grilled mushrooms and other vegies. It was nice and hot. The waiter was friendly and helpful.

Reviewed 24 November 2012

We stopped in before our daughter's ballet practice to get a quick dinner. Very few tables were taken, and our waiter stopped by quickly to take drink orders. Everything was fine up to when dinner arrived. Our waiter was pleasant and the food was brought out quickly.
Then our waiter disappeared. I would have figured he was giving us some space, except that I had asked for a refill. A couple arrived, was seated in the booth next to us, and left after the same waiter never appeared. My wife finally went to the bar, asked for refills and brought them back to our table. We then asked for the manager. No-one had seen our waiter for about fifteen minutes.
The manager was apologetic and understanding, and did cut the bill in half. She explained that the waiter was new and still learning their system. Since the other couple, on their way out, also told the manager that the waiter was AWOL, I would have guessed that they would have figured out how to cover the five tables that were occupied.
Still, the food was fine, served quickly, and the manager did have a last ditch effort. I'm not sure that's enough to bring me back.

Reviewed 2 July 2012

We wanted a light meal and knew Applebee's menu provided several options. Our server, Mike, was very efficient and pleasant.

Been to Applebee's? Share your experiences!