“Excellent all around”

Staybridge Suites Wilmington-Newark
Ranked #12 of 24 Hotels in Newark
Reviewed 22 June 2012

The room is really a suite with a sitting room, kitchenette, bedroom and bathroom. Between sitting room and bed room is a door so you can really use them separately. Everything was clean and in very good condition. Two TVs with hundreds of channels. The kitchen is well stocked with utensils and appliances (stove, microwave, coffee maker, freezer, fridge, dish washer). Good desk working area with free internet (password from front desk). The bed was big and comfy with lots of pillows. AC worked flawlessly and quietly as it is a central unit, not a wall unit! The bathroom is big and clean with towels above average. At night they offer free beer/wine and snacks (not on week-ends). Breakfast is free and above average (several hot dishes, bread, fruit, juices, cheeses etc). Real china and silverware. Good size outdoor pool. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Location is "easy on and off" and quiet. This is a great place for short or long stays.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank DX-Traveler

Reviewed 14 June 2012

We were in the process of moving from Philadelphia to DE and our house was not ready. So our abode was Staybridge Suites in Newark DE for 2 months. Loved it!! We had the family suite, which included two spacious rooms and our own bathrooms, kitchen and living room. On top of that you get free breakfast every morning and dinner three nights a week. Your rooms were cleaned everyday, and we also utilized all amenities. Everyone from the front desk to housekeeping were very attentive to the needs of the guests. It was truly a home away from home.Tasha and Terrise were exceptionaly helpful in everyway possible! We will definitely recomend the Staybridge Suties to family and friends.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank tabe h
Reviewed 15 May 2012

I have stayed at the Staybridge Suites Newark DE twice in the last couple of years. Both stays were about a week long. It was a really nice hotel value the first time, and it keeps getting better. The staff here is super nice and very attentive to the guests needs. The first morning that I went to the free breakfast, there was a soccer team in the breakfast room. The dining area wasn't officially open for breakfast for another half hour, but the hotel had put everything out early for the team and invited me to have breakfast if I wanted to. The last day of my stay, I arrived 30 mins after breakfast had closed. All of the food was still out, but they had the area roped off. The lady in charge of the kitchen invited me in and told me to take my time.

The hotel is really fresh and has a new feel to it. They were actually replacing all of the wallpaper in the hallways during my stay. The old paper didn't even look that dated or worn. Point is, they really keep the place up. Room was spacious with separate bedroom with a door, living area, kitchen with stove top, microwave, full sized fridge and dishwasher.

Decent fitness room with a weight machine, two treadmills, one elliptical and one bike. Laundry facility with two washers/two dryers.

Price is very competitive with other hotels in the area, but I did get a special rate with a local training vendor that has an agreement with the Staybridge. Talk with Terise in Sales if you need to negotiate. I have have worked with Terise at her previous job with a local vendor and Terise is SUPER to work with. She understands customer service.

Hotel is just off I-95 and 5 mins from the Christiana Mall where there are several restaurants. Shellhammer's across the street is pretty good too and has an excellent craft beer menu.

Free WiFi, comfortable beds. Central-air-type cooling so you DON"T have the usual window AC unit blasting fan noise all night.

I will definitely be back to the Staybridge on my next visit.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 April 2012

I really enjoyed my stay at the property this past weekend. The staff was very friendly and welcoming when I first arrived and continued through out the remainder of my stay. My room smelled so fresh when I first walked in and it was immaculate. I love the spacious rooms! I will definitely stay at this location again!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 April 2012

this hotel has an excellent staff when it comes to providing support and help to the guests, in particalar "Tasha" and another lady, I don't recall her name.

Room Tip: rooms facing the swimming pool are quiter.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Terrise P, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Wilmington-Newark, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2012

Thank-you so much for your wonderful words. We appreciate your stay with us and look forward to a return visit.

Reviewed 5 April 2012

I recently mistakenly booked a room here through Travelocity. I called them and at first they were going to work with me. The hotel was 2 1/2 hours from where I needed to be, but I could have stayed there later in the week. They were not full. I blew several hours on the phone between them and Travelocity. It was clear that the hotel manager was not interested in my welfare. I never did actually get to talk with her. She relayed messages through her people and on Tuesday and Wednesday made it clear that Friday morning was the first we could even talk. I was greatly disaappointed by the lack of ownership by management.

Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank TT_Traveler79

This guest booked through a third party website,(i.e.Hotewire, Travelocity, etc..) when these reservations are received we are not able to change the reservations unless the third party makes the change through the same system in which the reservation is completed. I apologize for the misunderstanding with the guest that he thought we had the authority to make changes to his reservation. We did provide him with appropriate contact numbers for the third party website to assist him with the charges. As mentioned this guest did not stay at our property, and did speak with one of the management staff members regarding his reservation and packaged that was delivered to this location as well. I hope this guest will look to use booking directly through hotel website or directly with property in the future to avoid this type of concern.

Reviewed 15 March 2012

This was one of the best hotel experiences I have ever had. I searched for weeks for a place to stay for the weekend and this hotel was recommended to me by friend. The service was excellent. The rooms were very clean and smelled nice. The area was quiet and the staff made themselves available to me for all of my needs. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone. And lastly, the price was very reasonable for the stay.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family