“After the fact”

Staybridge Suites Wilmington-Newark
Ranked #12 of 24 Hotels in Newark
Reviewed 22 November 2013

Upon arrival the company i work for did not reserve my room properly, yet the hotel put me up in a hotel nearby at their expense and once a room was ready i moved into this location, and the room and all of its amenities were amazing! My stay was a great one, furthermore after having left once my job was completed i went back to Texas, a few days after having been gone i realized i left a few items that were quite expensive and very sentimental to me. I figured i would call and see if by some crazy chance that these items would have been turned in by housekeeping, i extremely doubted they would be due to the value of these items, yet to my astonishment the housekeeping crew had in fact bagged up my items and had them located in lost and found! I was able to get every single item i left behind. Wow! Which hotel does that? I would recommend this hotel to any and everyone for all of its amenities, value and character. Thank you Staybridge

Room Tip: Great location, shopping and dining nearby.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Ben J
Staybridge_Suites_GM, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Wilmington-Newark, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

We recognize how difficult it is to travel on business and have implemented a back up plan for unexpected travelers! I’m glad you had the opportunity to experience the memorable service provided by the team at Staybridge Suites! Our goal is to treat our customer like family, thanks for sharing your story!

Reviewed 21 October 2013

A fine extended-stay hotel, nestled by I-95 in the northern Delaware blob. The property seemed new; features and amenities were typically, and fine; staff was friendly. A fine option if you're staying several days, or just need more sprawl space than typical.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 October 2013

I was in Newark Delaware for business and it was a straight shot down 95 from the Philadelphia airport. The room was clean and the staff were helpful . I'd stay here again as the location was very convenient..

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Staybridge_Suites_GM, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Wilmington-Newark, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2013

Convenience is important while traveling on business! The Team at Staybridge Suites takes pride in making sure each guest has a positive experience! We look forward to accommodating you again if your in the area. I will share these comments with the team! Again, thanks!

Reviewed 19 September 2013

Excellent staff, nice clean property and dinner with drinks Tuesdat-Thursday. This was the first time we tried this brand we usually stay at Homewood Suites when we visit Newark. This hotel was verysimuliar in design and amenities. I prefer the location of this hotel though it is more central and close to the mall.

The only thing I didn't like was our room location. My husband works for the government and I just hate when we are traveling for his work and they put us in their worst room because of government rate. We were 3 feet from the elevator so heard people and dinging constantly. We were also right next to housekeeping. If they knew what my husband actually does they would be ashamed. Don't offer the rate if it means a room no one else wants, the rate is just slightly less.

One other minor complaint was got to breakfast an hour before it was over and the fruit was gone. There was an empty platter and two empty bowls. Iknow the were busy but they should plan better.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Staybridge_Suites_GM, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Wilmington-Newark, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2013

Customer Service is important to the Team at Staybridge Suites! Our goal is to exceed your expectations and make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible! Suites are selected based on availability, I would be happy to edit your guest profile and make a note indicating " you do not want a suite near the elevator.

Reviewed 16 September 2013

My extended family stayed here back in August for an event in the area. The hotel was very well kept, comfortable, and clean. The rooms were nicely sized, with a kitchenette. The hotel had plenty of space to gather, both indoors and outdoors, which I thought was great. The staff was very helpful and friendly. A continental breakfast was included, which had a waffle maker, eggs, fruit, etc. You really can't beat the price for what you are getting. We were pleased with our stay and if we're in the DE area again we'll stay here.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank jpb12345

We hope you and your family come stay with us again soon! I've shared these comment's and words of encouragement with the team at Staybridge Suites. It's important to know you value are hard work, and all the effort that goes into creating a positive guest experience. Again, thanks for taking time to share your comments!

Reviewed 13 September 2013

I came to area with my family to visit some relatives, was not sure where to stay, but when I called hotel the front desk agent was very friendly, and informed me that where I had to be in the morning was not far from them. So I decided to stay at the hotel. The hotel was very nice & clean. The staff was very friendly, and always said hello when you pass them. Breakfast was great & Internet connection was very fast.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Based on the great reviews on TripAdvisor, I selected this hotel for business travel. The staff is courteous and friendly. The front desk clerk recognized me immediately. Breakfast isn't fancy but it's good - eggs and breakfast meat along with waffles and an assortment of muffins, bagels bread, fruit, yogurt and cereal.

Tues-Thurs there's an evening social, featuring salad and an entree item, such as pork sliders, tacos or burgers and dogs. Along with that, there was a complimentary glass of wine or beer. It's not a night out, but it's not a bad night in or a starter for an evening out.

I took advantage of the guest laundry and was surprised to find that use of the washers and dryers were complimentary. They're located in the fitness room which had a set of treadmills, bicycle and a weight station.

I have a sleep number bed at home, so I can be the Princess and the Pea when I travel. The bed was perfect - not too hard. I got a great night sleep. The rooms are spacious with large desks and a couch, so you aren't stuck sitting on the bed. The larger 1 bedroom suite has two tvs and a door to the bedroom area.

The kitchenette has a apartment sized full fridge and a two burner electric stove and a microwave. There cabinets are stocked with enough dishes and pots, so you can cook if you want to.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Donna R
Staybridge_Suites_GM, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Wilmington-Newark, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2013

Thank you for the positive review on your recent stay at Staybridge Suites in Newark, DE. I'm pleased to hear you had a memorable stay with us we look forward to welcoming you back in the future!