“Fantastic”

Staybridge Suites--Wilmington/Newark
Ranked #11 of 24 Hotels in Newark
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

I had to come into town of Newark De. for work for one week. When I arrived at the hotel. I was greeted by two front desk staff I do beleive by the names of Nicole and Danny. They were training if I can remember correctly, they both were so helpful so accomidating. It was a quick, easy check-in, I would love to stay with this hotel again and again! Fantastic!

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Ryan R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Ashburn, Virginia
Reviewed 15 August 2014

My wife and I stayed one night (August 9-10) at Staybridge near Newark, DE roughly 4-5 minutes off of I-95. The suite was very nice and quiet. The bed was comfortable. The Operations Manager arranged for us to stay in a different suite (facing the courtyard) after I raised concerns about our original booking [sleep sofa option for son who ultimately did not come with us] made through a discount pricing service. We appreciated his efforts. Upon arrival around 10 PM, the staff was friendly and professional. We had the same experience at the time of check out Sunday. Breakfast was also included but one should check to see if this is the normal practice given the type of booking. Likely breakfast is always included.

I recommended to staff that a luggage "rack" be available on which one can place luggage instead of putting luggage on the floor, chair, or counter space.

Room Tip: Facing the courtyard was nice. Pool looked inviting but we did not have time to use it.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Michael M
Roswell, Georgia
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Can't say enough about all the staff here at Staybridge. They've all been great to us. From working with us to give us a work conference room, to helping out to make sure FedEx picked up a package, to just being friendly and accommodating. You have to appreciate their going out of their way for you. They have been great. The rooms are nice, the every day breakfast and Tuesday thru Thursday dinners have been very good. DVD players in each room, so bring movies for entertainment. Best hotel in this area. Stay here, you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank DK330
Windsor, Canada
Reviewed 15 May 2014

My wife and I stayed here for 2 nights while visiting northern Delaware. The hotel is located just off the major Interstate and minutes from the big Christiana Mall to do tax free shopping which Delware is so famous for! As soon as we arrived we were greeted by an Employee who I think is called Mike who was very friendly and helpful! When asking him several questions later in the day he was very pleasant and interested in helping us. Our room on the second floor was very clean and big. It was quiet at night and the breakfast in the mornign was more than adequate to satisfy anyone's tastes. On our first night there was a small dinner served after 5:30 which included beer or wine. It was very nice and the lady serving the beer and wine was very pleasant.
I would recommend this hotel due to its location close to shopping and other sights in tiny Delaware and due to the cleanliness and friendliness of the staff. The only thing I wish this hotel had would be bigger full size pillows. I found the several small pillows they put on the bed to be uncomfortable.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ted D
CT, USA
Reviewed 27 April 2014

My family stayed in a one bedroom suite as a mid-point stop in our travels. Even though the hotel is on a main street and near the highway, it was very quiet. The room was clean and the beds comfortable. The only con is that the heating/cooling unit is a bit loud. The room was also warm even though we lowered the temp. The staff is extremely friendly. The breakfast room was quiet and comforting in the morning. The attendant was nice and welcoming. She stayed on top of the offerings and kept them filled. The area offers many opportunities to eat and shop. All and all, a good place to stay.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank AFRedwood
Hagerstown, Maryland
Reviewed 27 February 2014

I stayed at the Staybridge Suites - Wilminngton/Newark and was thrilled with the friendliness of the staff, especially Mike. Mike greeted me when I came into the hotel, answered all my questions, all with a pleasant smile. I would definitely recommend staying here

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
5 Thank Joan S
Holly Springs, North Carolina
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Staybridge is a good chain for business travelers; it offers complimentary food, beer/wine, soft drinks, and coffee. This is the second one I stayed at and it was a good experience. The employees were nice, especially Michael, who really cared about my lodging stay. Room room was clean, quiet, comfortable, and hit the mark in most areas.

The only drawbacks? My room was nice but was a little pricey for a one-room suite; I do not know if I could stay long term (size). The furniture was nice in the suite but the counter-tops and vanities needed room for improvement (they were outdated). I also believe my queen bed was a double instead....I am pretty sure it was advertised as a queen.

All in all I would stay again.

Room Tip: Get the opposite side from the busy road (Interstate 95)
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Anthony G
Staybridge_Suites_GM, General Manager at Staybridge Suites--Wilmington/Newark, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
I'm excited to hear you took advantage of the many amenities offered at Staybridge Suites, in Newark, DE. Our goal is to treat each customer like family! Rates are based on length of stay, discounted by tiers. Thanks for taking time out your busy day to share your story. I've shared these comments with my team!