Book now, pay at stay
US$129
Homewood
US$94
Hotels.com
Comfort Inn and Suites(Newark)(Great Value!)
US$99
Red Roof
US$130
  • Pool
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$145/night.

Red Roof PLUS+ Wilmington(Newark)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 05/08
US$78
US$139
US$130
US$149
US$139
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$162/night.

All reviewsoperations managerfront deskbedroom suitewell maintained and cleanfull size refrigeratorhigh marksbreakfast area was cleanhot breakfastentire staysofa bedawesome staygreat amenitiesthe young ladythe entire stafflobby areamain streetvisiting family
Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

Pet-friendly hotel however you must use the side doors and stairs. Security in place after hours (must have key or buzz in front door). Our suite was clean and spacious. Equipped with full size refrigerator and freezer with ice maker. Room was clean. Hotel is undergoing renovations floor by floor. We were notified upon check-in. There was construction noise during the day hours but stopped at dinner time. Breakfast area was clean and well-stocked. Breakfast attendant was friendly and helpful. Greeted my daughters and made small talk with them.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Staybridge_Suites_GM, Manager at Staybridge Suites Wilmington-Newark, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Our clean, spacious suites are definitely one thing we are proud of. Our staff enjoyed catering to your needs as mush as you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

Just wanted to say THANK YOU very nice staff, very conveniently location, very nice rooms, bed was super comfy, and clean good selection for breakfast! Housekeeper Romona was very nice and keep our room spotlessl! The young lady at the front desk I believe her name was Sabriya was very helpful and pleasant I will def come back to stay here and recommend this to close friends and family thank you sooo much and I will def be back soon!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Staybridge_Suites_GM, Manager at Staybridge Suites Wilmington-Newark, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2017

Thank you for choosing Staybridge Suites in Newark, DE! I'm glad your stay with us was a memorable one! Its important we provide exceptional service to all guests. I will share this with Sabriya and Romona!

Reviewed 2 September 2017

The usual high standard of Staybridge Suites. comfortable, clean and spacious. More than a hotel, each room is more like a studio apartment. Breakfast is good and staff are friendly. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Staybridge_Suites_GM, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Wilmington-Newark, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Staybridge Suites in Newark, DE with others! I"m happy you enjoyed the many complimentary amenities offered to our guests. Please call us if there is anything we can assist with.

Reviewed 1 September 2017 via mobile

Spending two weeks in the hotel for business. The staff is wonderful. Very kind and helpful. Daily breakfast is delicious. Free laundry service is a definite bonus being away from home so long. And the outdoor pool is clean and right next to the fire pits. Free grill use on the patio. Rooms are clean and the beds are super comfortable. Will absolutely stay here again if I find myself in the area. Thank you to everyone who works here for making my stay feel like home. Your smiles and kindness made my trip away from home even better than expected.

Jenelle (Chilis crew 2017)

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business

Dear Happy Guest. I appreciate your positive feedback about our hotel. We do take pride in catering to our guests' needs the best way we can. If you're traveling to our area again, don't hesitate to contact us.

Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

Pros:
Friendly staff
Nice breakfast
Proximity to highway

Cons
Urine-stained sofa-bed mattress
Slow response from management
Property undergoing renovation
Only one elevator
Extremely high pet fee ($75!)
Room quality different than pictures
Attached to a lower-quality (Ramada) hotel
Shared amenities (pool)

We stayed one night on points while traveling through the area. I booked us a Sunday night stay, hopeful that booking on a lower-occupancy night that we would get an upgrade considering we are top-tier rewards members. I was very excited we were able to book a Staybridge property on points as I have stayed at several Staybridge locations and have always found them to be great for family trips.

We arrived at the property around 7pm, knowing that it was under renovation. The renovation didn't really bother us, but we did have to wait on the lone elevator a few times as it was being used by workers. What we were not aware of is that the hotel is attached to and shares some amenities with a lower quality hotel property: a Ramada. (Check their ratings if you don't believe me.) This was a bit of a disappointment, but was to become one of several experienced.

We were told at check-in that there was not an upgrade available. We were disappointed, especially as it appeared based on the parking lot that the property want even at 50% occupancy, but understand that upgrades are not guaranteed, even for top-tier members. When we got to the room, it didn't look like any of the pictures of rooms that I had seen on their website. Since I had already inquired about an upgrade, I figured we were given the best that they could offer. The countertop, cooktop, furniture, etc. were all different from what I had seen pictured on their website. I felt like I was the victim of false advertising, and that we were in a Candlewood Suites room, not a Staybridge. I had even been assured at how nice the property was and that this was the reason for the exorbitant $75 pet fee, which is the most we've ever paid and is probably the equivalent of the price of a room at the neighboring Ramada. I felt duped.

What was even more frustrating was when we stripped the sofa bed the next morning and found a LARGE URINE STAIN on the sofa-bed mattress that my kids had just slept on. I felt awful.

I shared our experience and complained to the nice front desk worker, and I asked to speak to a manager. I was told that a manager was not available, but one would call me when they arrived around 9am. Days went by, and I never heard from anyone. I completed the email survey I received from the property a few days later and asked (again) that management contact me. A few days later I got an email, but it would take almost a month of multiple emails, phone messages. At one point, I was asked if I was available between the hours of midnight and 7:30 am to discuss the issue as this worked better for their schedule; whatever happened to putting the customer first?? Ultimately I had to call the nice lady at the front desk again. She said she would leave another message, but suggested that I call corporate. call to corporate.

Corporate office and local management (finally) were in contact (this is a month after our stay), and they were kind enough to make efforts to address my concerns, but it seemed a bit like an afterthought at this point. We'll likely be staying elsewhere when traveling through the area next time and making sure that the hotel we choose isn't providing us with urine-stained mattresses and isn't attached to a low-rent property.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for your candid feedback. I am so sorry to hear your hotel experience was not up to par. I do apologize for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay. Each suite is being renovated we are introducing a new look and fresh feel! The decision was made to donate the items removed from the suites to a homeless shelter, and families recovering from natural disasters, unfortunately, the contractors must utilize the elevators during off hours to remove the items from high floors. Again, I apologize for this. Your comments are essential to educating our staff about good and bad service. I will ensure your feedback is given to all supervisors for review. Furthermore, I will personally supervise all your other complaints and make sure we are addressing these issues. I encourage you to visit again the project is about 70 percent complete.