“GREAT HOTEL” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ramada Newark/Wilmington

Ramada Newark/Wilmington
Ranked #13 of 24 Hotels in Newark

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Bethel, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

Visiting UDEL and this place was quite inexpensive. Was a bit leary, but it well exceeded expectations. Clean, quiet place, Free wifi and free full breakfast! The coffee was terrific as were the Belgian waffles! Restaurant on premise was offering a great deal as well, but we had already eaten. Will definitely keep this place on my list as we'll be back in the area a good bit over the next 4 years!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dwayne P, Director of Sales at Ramada Newark/Wilmington, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Thank you very much for the great review, the staff and management are glad we met your expectations. We do hope that when you return we will be your hotel of choice for the next 4 years. we look forward to your next visit to the Delaware.
Muscatine, Iowa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

We booked this motel for our mother-in-law while we were all visiting our daughter and son-in-law for our grandson's baptism. We booked this motel specifically because she would be able to have a handicapped-accessible room the entire six nights. When we arrived on Saturday afternoon, we were told that the handicapped room was not available, but would be available first thing Sunday morning. (In their defense, they had sent Mom an E-mail that day, but she had already left her house at 4:30 that morning and does not have a smart phone, and therefore, did not receive the E-mail). Sunday morning came and we were told that we could go about our business and the handicapped room would be available when we came back that evening. When we returned on Sunday evening, we were told that the people had not departed as scheduled, but they could put Mom into a different handicapped-accessible room. I checked out the room that they wanted to give Mom---it had a tub shower, and a normal size toilet, without any railings by either the toiled or the shower and the sink area was the same height as a normal sink. I am not sure why they considered that room to be handicapped-accessible. So...once again, Mom was stuck in a room which was not handicapped-accessible. When I went to pick up Mom on Monday morning, we actually talked to the manager, who apologized profusely about the situation, but was not able to get Mom into a truly-handicapped room. They did give Mom compensation for the inconvenience, but that did not help Mom--she needs the handicapped shower, as she had not been able to take a shower for the previous two days. We decided to leave and go to another motel.

Room Tip: Do not book this motel if you need a truly-handicapped room.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Debra D
Dwayne P, Director of Sales at Ramada Newark/Wilmington, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
I would like to start off with my greatest apologies, I am very sorry we were unable to meet your mothers room type. I do understand that this was frustrating that we did not meet her expectation's on the room that she needed. We do our best to honor all of our guest request when booking the type of room they requested. I am sorry that you felt our hotel was nice but the service was not good. I do however hope that you would consider the Ramada Wilmington/Newark again and allow us to show you the service that our guest are know to experience as a good stay. Please contact me direct if you wish to stay and allow me to make sure the problem does not arise your next visit.
Newark
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014

I booked my stay at the last minute because of the severe snow storm . I reside in NJ and needed to be close to my job ,I am essential personnel. I am forever grateful to the Staff for the room (the hotel was full) and to the grounds staff that shoveled my car out.....

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Dwayne P, Director of Sales at Ramada Newark/Wilmington, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Well we would like to thank you for choosing the Ramada Wilmington/Newark during the winter storm. I am very glad that our staff met your expectations during your stay. It was a full house and our staff and management team worked well to make sure all guest were happy during this time. You will have to come back and visit when the weather is much warmer so you can enjoy our pool area.