“Don't expect much”

Ramada Newark/Wilmington
Ranked #14 of 24 Hotels in Newark
Reviewed 31 August 2014

Stayed here 5 nights. Although the hotel was clean and quiet, the service was not that great. Our room phone was broken. We reported it to the front desk 4 times but no one seemed to care enough to bring us one that worked. We are not owners of cell phones so the room phone was important to us. We ended up having to go to a nearby gas station to make phone calls which was very inconvenient. We will NOT stay at this hotel again. Also had to ask for a roll of TP and tissues on day 4. Shouldn't have to beg for supplies when you are paying 95 dollars a night.

Room Tip: Try to get one with a working phone.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Irene F, General Manager at Ramada Newark/Wilmington, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2014

I apologize that we did not meet your expectations. I have shared your comments with the Maintenance & Housekeeping Team to insure this does not happen to any future guests. We sure hope you decide to stay with us again in the future as we are confident your experience will be better.

There are newer reviews for Ramada Newark/Wilmington

Reviewed 31 August 2014

When we checked in we were told that there would be a $250.00 security charge on our credit card to cover any possible damage to the room, which was not mentioned to us when we booked the room. He said this was standard now and some hotels charge more, but I've never experienced this even in Philadelphia or NYC hotels. The room was nice and clean, beds were comfortable, but the air conditioner unit in our room made so much noise every time it came on that we slept very poorly. I called the front desk about it, but no result. I would advise anyone staying here to check the AC first.

Room Tip: The room was quiet but the AC unit was very noisy, so I would advise travelers to test the unit befo...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MiltonCrazy

Thank you for your feedback. We certainly appreciate reading what areas we can improve upon. Feedback such as yours is invaluable in our efforts to continually improving our service level. We have shared your comments with our Maintenance Team to insure no future guests have the same issues. I hope this experience does not deter you from staying with us again in the future.

Reviewed 28 August 2014

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Reviewed 27 August 2014

If you enjoy being jumped & beat up by 4-5 guys then this is the place to stay. I spoke w/ a manager the following day & was told this was a police matter & they do not have video surveillance but she would speak w/ their employee that has been there for 2 years & get her side of the story but would not be contacting me back. No apology was offered that this happened w/ their staff present & no action was taken at the time towards the other parties involved.

• Stayed: August 2014
Irene F, General Manager at Ramada Newark/Wilmington, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2014

The incident in the bar involving you cousin was unfortunate. You mentioned to me via telephone that your cousin was allegedly assaulted by another patron for no reason. I did investigate the situation. The Bartender that evening defused the incident within a couple of minutes. I found that she handled the situation appropriately and professionally. I also found the information received from the Bartender and other guests of the bar that evening varies from your description. Our bar and restaurant remains a safe, comfortable, quite place for mature people to relax and unwind at the end of the day.

Reviewed 27 August 2014

I visited this hotel from 8/18 through 8/22 and didn't expect much but had a pleasant experience. The grounds and public areas were clean and well kept, the large electronic kiosk in the lobby added a modern touch that helped with finding local attractions, places to eat and more. The rooms were average but clean with a nice television setup and the staff were very courteous. My daughter and I both enjoyed the pool which we used a few times. I found great value in the free continental breakfast offered every morning, it really filled us up and held us over until lunch time.

Some noticeable things I found was that there was a value dinner menu at the front desk which was clearly listed as available to 10 pm however when I showed up to the restaurant with my family at 9:30 we were told that the kitchen closed at 9:30. In their defense the hours were taped to the wall outside of the restaurant on a paper notice but since it was our first night there we found out the hard way and had walk to Wendy's in the parking lot of the shopping center across a busy road. One night there was a maintenance man walking from upstairs through the lobby shirtless in all of his sunburned glory as if he was home in his living room, not a good look with your 11 year old daughter next to you.The water flow from the bathroom faucet was very weak and the rooms got a musty smell if you didn't leave the air conditioner on. For some reason on our last Friday morning the housekeeping staff woke me up with loud conversation. Aside from these things everything was reasonable and our stay was comfortable.

If you're looking for a value priced hotel in this area I would recommend this place.

Room Tip: Pool view rooms a plus, room door opens to the pool.
1  Thank Sean F

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. It is our guest’s feedback that helps us improve. We look forward to your future visit.

Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed over at this hotel on our vacation and stayed in three rooms, one for each family. The reservations were made a couple of weeks in advance at the excellent value of 69 dollars per night plus tax. We found the hotel to be right off the major highway and easy to locate. The check in process was actually quite slow as the hotel was sold out. It took the three of our families about 20 minutes to get checked in, not a huge deal. The rooms were all clean, modern, well appointed and spacious. The beds were very comfortable. In the morning the breakfast was very nice. There was staff on duty constantly replacing food as it ran low. Overall I found this to be a good stay, at a great value. My only complaint is the charge/hold they put on your account when you check in. They put a 100.00 hold on each of our rooms, normally it is 250.00 dollars for any "incidentals." I found this to be ridiculous. I have never found a hotel chain that does this. It was almost insulting. Other than this silly charge things were great.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Brian C

The Ramada Team appreciates that you took the time to share your thoughts. We apologize for the delay when checking in. We will do our best to improve this aspect. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!