“Have a Margarita!”

Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 5 October 2013

Very reasonably priced. The food and margaritas were great and service was excellent. This restaurant must be very popular because the parking lot was packed. Our party of 2 was seated immediately even though it was very busy on a Friday night. Definitely a great place for families with children as the noise level is high. Will definitely come back next time we're in Newark.

Reviewed 4 October 2013

Borders is sooo loud you can't talk. They don't have freshly made tortillas and they charge you for guacamole! The beer selections are okay but no draft beer only bottle. Our waiter was the worst- I had to ask 4 times for more napkins! I never got the guacamole till after I was done eating. Their blackened fajahatas are good but for the price I'll stick with Don Pueblos as the portions are better and much more bang for the buck!

Reviewed 3 October 2013

*Be on the look out for Border Cafe right on the highway! We drove by it accidentally*

Went for a nice birthday supper with a group of co-workers because..who doesn't like Mexican right? And personally, I've always wanted to try some good creole. Well, we weren't disappointed!

From the 1 litre jug of ice tea / pop, to the starters (that were filling enough to be a main) all the way to the main course, nothing was bad!

Not used to free nachos and salsa coming in such large amounts. Want some guac? Why not a bowl with 4 scoops to quench that craving. There is no shortage of food.Guess it's texas size at this joint.

I had camptown shrimp for a starter. Very nice hit of spice, in a smooth peppery gravy.
For my main - Filet mignon Jim Bowie style *YUM!!!* Meat was the way it should be, and it was decorated so nicely in it's sauce with itty bitty shrimp. I had the seasonal veggies as the side, and they were good enough to be a main. By the time I got through the morsels of meat I could eat no more.... I was full after my appetizer!

Overall, everyone loved their meal. And we were all suprised at the large portions. Service was friendly and very knowledgeable :) We're thinking of going again before the end of this trip!

2  Thank DaRealAlliG
Reviewed 2 October 2013

I've never had a bad meal here. The food is plentiful and very flavorful. However, the margaritas are to die for! There is no better margarita in the state of Delaware. The only bad thing about this place is that they don't allow take-out, which is VERY annoying and inconvenient at times.

1  Thank ARNLED
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Food here is Mexican style and slightly spicy. Atmosphere is rustic, servers are friendly.

The only drawback is that, at mealtimes, there tends to be a moderate waiting time to be seated.

Prices are reasonable and the food is plentiful.