Courtyard Wilmington Newark/Christiana Mall
Country Inn
US$213
US$180
Hilton.com
Red Roof PLUS+ Wilmington(Newark)(Great Value!)
US$78
Comfort Inn and Suites(Newark)(Great Value!)
US$91
US$137
US$139
US$130
Priceline
All reviewschristiana mallfront deskmarriott propertiesbusiness tripnext morningroom was cleana wonderful staythis past weekendnew castlegreat customer servicebusiness travelerparking lotupon checkbistroroselobbyproperty
Reviewed 22 April 2013

This hotel is a great stop over heading northbound in late afternoon before crossing into New Jersey. It is right off of I-95. This courtyard is very quiet for being near the interstate. The room
was comfortable and the staff very friendly. It has a small bistro restaurant and bar which had a fairly good memu selection if you did not want to venture out for a meal.

Room Tip: Ask for top floor facing into the courtyard.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
jason_abbey, General Manager at Courtyard Wilmington Newark/Christiana Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Thank you for your review, we are happy you enjoyed your stay. Don't hesitate to stop in on your way South!

Jason Abbey

Reviewed 7 April 2013

We stopped here on our way to Florida. Check in was a breeze and our room was small but the bed was comfortable. It was clean and easy to locate off I95. The only draw back is the cafe didn't open until 7 on the weekend and we needed to be on the road early. Luckily there is a Dunkin Donuts at the front of the building.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 March 2013

I will first say that all previous experiences have been pleasant and all personnel, both at the front desk as well as at the Bistro in the morning, have been pleasant and helpful. Housekeeping, however, leaves something to be desired. Here is the bizarre incident. Yesterday, as all days, I left my room at 0700AM. Upon returning to my room at 0500PM I found that the room had been serviced; towels replaced, coffee caddy serviced BUT the bed had not been made. Unusual, I thought. An oversight, no doubt. Still it was worth mentioning to the front desk for them to inform the Housekeeping Supervisor. No fuss was warranted and none was made beyond reporting the issue.

The following day, today, as I approached my room in the afternoon I thought, smiling to myself, “I wonder if my bed has been made”. It had not. This was an identical situation to the previous day. Towels, etc. had been replaced but the bed, for the second day in a row, had not been touched in spite of my having reported the situation just 24 hours before. Wouldn’t you think that, given the previous report, the Housekeeping Manager would personally check that room?

I work for an area Company that sends many guests to this Courtyard. Now I’m not certain that the degree of loyalty that the Company and I show, are warranted.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank recumbentrider
Reviewed 24 March 2013

The desk person was extremely helpful, we were lost and she guided us easily to the hotel despite construction all around the area. The room was very nicely decorated, the bed and pillows comfy, cozy and clean.Those are the most important things. We slept well.The room was quiet despite being near the highway. There are no extras here - no free coffee in the lobby as most other hotels provide for the same price. Since we were just staying overnight on our way back from a trip south, it was fine, easy to get back on the highway and lots of local restaurants for dinner. Oops - my wrapped up water glass had milk encrusted on it! Someone missed that!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank aslan50mac
Reviewed 6 March 2013

Clean room with a super comfy bed and sofa, flatscreen TV, fridge, coffee maker, free wifi all for $80.

The hotel is right by the mall and all of its restaurants, and so proved to be a great place to stop just off the I95.

Staff were friendly too and there is a gym and decent sized indoor pool too.

Would definitely stay again if in the area.

Only complaint was that the TV didn't seem t have sleep timer.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business