“Much improved ”

Ranked #7 of 24 Hotels in Newark
Bartlesville, Oklahoma
“Much improved ”
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

Pleasantly surprised at the updates that were made at this property. Very much needed and done rather well. Lobby has the bistro and pantry. Wifi worked well through out the property. Room was quiet and clean. The a/could run constantly to help with white noise.
The staff was very helpful. Laundry came back done right and on time. Parking can be an issue and their is a one way IN and one way OUT set up and need a car if your not going to eat there. I don't know if they shuttle you around locally.
I'll return.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Andrea H, Manager at Courtyard Wilmington Newark/Christiana Mall, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel! I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and liked our hotel. We would love to host you again in the future! Should your travels bring you back to our area, do not hesitate to contact us and we would be happy to assist you.
Andrea

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
falmouth, maine
Reviewed 29 July 2014

not a marriott guy. Personal issues; i think they gouge customers at their big hotels and have done some awful stuff - friend once had to stay at Boston Marriott because she was at a concert, lost her wallet and keys, and that was the first hotel with a room. of course, it was expensive, but the reason I was appalled was they charged her $14 for a toothbrush. That typifies Marriott to me.
However, on to the issue at hand. This hotel was perfectly fine. Very efficient and friendly desk staff. Busy area - all the usual stores at a busy crossroads near a mall. Standard issue america. Not anything to look at. But the indoor decor, while a little tired (hallways, elevator) was clean and well kept and the room was immaculate, clean, comfortable, cool. Bathroom was clean, in good repair. Also for $129 it was an uncommon value. Under those circumstances I would stay there again and would recommend it.

Room Tip: avoid looking at quality inn....
Green Features: oh please....spare me....it's a hotel....enough already....
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank chimayred
jason_abbey, General Manager at Courtyard Wilmington Newark/Christiana Mall, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We appreciate you noticing the great job our housekeeping staff does. I'm sorry that your previous stay in Boston was disappointing. When you stay here again, don't forget to ask the front desk for a complimentary toothbrush :)

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I recently stayed at this courtyard for the first time and was pleasantly surprised. My one setback was the location was not as close to the mall as i pictured. I got turned around multiple times to and from the christiana b/c of construction and it took about 15 min to get there, maybe a bit longer. It is located in kind of a dumpy area of newark but the hotel itself was very pleasant. Staff was helpful. Rooms were very well kept. They do have balconies which is a plus (although small) and if on the first floor, you can walk directly out your screen door to the pool or lawn which is quaint. Bathroom was clean. ladies, the blowdryer was a bit tricky to find- it is in the closet wardrobe wrapped around clothes rod. paul mitchell toiletries. cafe in lobby like most courtyards so you can get your evening vino or morning latte and bfast. all in all, i would return.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
jason_abbey, General Manager at Courtyard Wilmington Newark/Christiana Mall, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Thank you for your positive comments, we appreciate the review and hope to see you return soon.
CT
Reviewed 13 July 2014

A stereotypical Courtyard. Had a late check-in, got in around midnight as a layover on a trip back home from vaca in the southern states. Pouring rain when we got in so not the best first impression (obviously uncontrollable ;) ). However, the front desk clerk didn't really offer us any help with our bags, so slightly uncomfortable with that. Got up to the room and the keys the front desk guy gave us didn't work. We had to go back down with our luggage to get new keys, and he switched our room for us. Why? I'll never know.

That really all wasn't a big deal to me...it wouldn't have made me as upset as if it was earlier in the day. Other than that, the rest of the stay went well. Good night's sleep, good breakfast, quick checkout.

However...we get on the roads to find out that construction closed off a whole section of I-495. It would've been nice to know that when leaving the hotel, especially since we told the front desk staff we were headed that way. I understand that traffic is unpredictable, but when I got home, I found out that this construction had been going on for 3 weeks. A little unsettling.

Summary: wasn't impressed with the service, but quality stay at this hotel. Seems like a good location. I would have to stay for a longer time to recommend this hotel to others.

Room Tip: Ask for high floor.
Green Features: This field seems to be very irrelevant due to the fact that when I click on YOUR link, it tells me that IVE made an error. Fix this now, trip advisor.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
jason_abbey, General Manager at Courtyard Wilmington Newark/Christiana Mall, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Thank you for your feedback. I'm very sorry your arrival and departure experiences weren't up to your, or my, expectations. I will share your comments with our front desk staff to show the importance of anticipating our guests needs, i.e. helping get out of the rain and ensuring we are giving accurate directions. If you would like to discuss the problems you encountered with me, feel free to call or email me at jason.abbey@marriott.com. We hope to see you again.

Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I had a late check-in and got to the hotel around 11 PM that night. As soon as I opened my room door, I was instantly struck with a fresh, clean scent. It was obvious the room had been thoroughly cleaned and it was evident throughout. I don't know whether or not this is a fairly new hotel, but I was impressed with how fresh and clean the carpet, bed linens, and even the walls were. The shower was spotless with no mold or dirty spots between the tile. I felt comfortable and safe and definitely plan to stay here again the next time I'm in the area.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Rhopar33
jason_abbey, General Manager at Courtyard Wilmington Newark/Christiana Mall, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Thank you for your great comments. Our housekeepers take a lot of pride in cleaning their rooms and they will love seeing this awesome recognition.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

I recently stayed over at this hotel, and it was a pretty satisfactory visit. The staff was very friendly and accommodating to me and the guests who we're staying as part of my wedding room block. The location is good if you want to take advantage of tax free Delaware shopping. Only con of this hotel, you can smell a little bit of the carpet cleaner, but at least you know it's clean!

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank piecesofadream
jason_abbey, General Manager at Courtyard Wilmington Newark/Christiana Mall, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Thank you for reviewing our hotel. We appreciate your nice comments about our staff and cleanliness. I agree, the tax free shopping is a bonus of stopping in Delaware. Please stop by and see us when you are travelling by again.

Marblehead
Reviewed 10 June 2014

My son went to U Del and we have not stayed at this property prior to graduation weekend. I knew the hotel was in the mall area, therefore was not unaware of the industrial surroundings. I was pleasantly surprised by the updated rooms and cleanliness of the property. Upon check in we were greeted by one of the most outstanding, helpful staff I have encountered even in upscale hotels. She could not have been nicer, and genuine. Unfortunately, for graduation weekend the prices were through the roof.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank MarbleheadFamily
Thank you for your kind review about our hotel. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and happy to hear about the wonderful arrival you experienced. If you have time, I would very much appreciate a quick note letting me know who you are so I can recognize our assoicate that checked you in. My email is jason.abbey@marriott.com.