“Sought shelter here from a snowstorm. Snow was not cleared from parking lot from previous snow.”
Review of Quality Inn Newark

Quality Inn Newark
Ranked #17 of 24 Hotels in Newark
PA
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Sought shelter here from a snowstorm. The parking lot was not cleared from the previous snow. Luckily it did not freeze that night or I would have been slipping and sliding around. This hotel is in a shopping area and it is tricky too find. It is tricky to find the light to get out also. Because of the many parking lots with cement buttresses if there is snow down it would be easy to hit one of the cement islands in the parking lots. Would not recommend this as a place to shelter from a snowstorm because it is hazardous if there is 6 inches of snow down. Very easy check in. Nice person at the desk. The 3rd floor has an inside hallway with elevator access while the other floors are door leading directly outside. Did hear noise from the hallway but not very much. The bathroom was clean and the water pressure was some of the best I have had in a hotel lately. Shower was great!!!!. Room was clean. Bed was comfortable. The already had the heat on so when it was very cold out in February you did not come in a cold room with cold furniture that had to warm up. Heat was easily adjusted so it was not too hold nor too cold. Good TV. Able to get a good night sleep. They had blankets on the bed. In room coffee was good quality. Had to plug the coffee pot in the bathroom could not find electrical outlet in room. Microwave and refrigerator but refrigerator was not real cold, which I have found in most hotel rooms. Nice breakfast in the morning. Did not try the wifi but they gave you the code when you registered. The desk chair had a stain on it. I was planning on making this my safe haven hotel from the storm when traveling but I think I will look around and see what else is there. Reasonable price.

Room Tip: Ask .to stay on the 3rd floor. It has an anterior hallway.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank BB411

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Wilmington, Delaware
Reviewed 24 January 2014

I decided to check into the Quality Inn Newark for 5 nights this week as a respite from the snow and cold. Now I'm pretty fussy about cleanliness and furnishings...and I can state positively that the room and bathroom were very very clean and comfortable. The full breakfast was well done and a good way to start the day. The bed was comfortable and the linens were fresh every day. The front desk staff personnel were courteous and accommodating (as I decided each morning to stay "just one more day"!) One staff member even offered to help me carry in my computer and boxes in the heart of the snowstorm....now that's above and beyond the call of duty! My only suggestion would be to upgrade the television channel offerings....it seemed to be all sports and police shows. This Quality Inn is a great value for the money!

Room Tip: In times of heavy occupancy, check in early...otherwise you'll have to park on the side away fro...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
WENDY L, General Manager at Quality Inn Newark, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Thank you for your recent comments regarding your previous stay at the Quality Inn, in Newark, Delaware.
The staff and I are tdelightedt that you enjoyed your stay, especially through the Snow storm.
The staff takes pride in the cleanliness of the hotel, and want each guest to feel as if the hotel is their home away from home.
We all hope that we will see you again in the future, if you travels bring you back to our area,
Somers Point, New Jersey
Reviewed 12 January 2014

Doing some sight seeing in the area I found this hotel to be reasonable as all Quality Inn's are and within close proximity of our attractions. The included breakfast mini-buffet was as good as the others we have had and featured eggs and sausage.

Room Tip: Some rooms are located outside the main building, keep that in mind in foul weather.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
WENDY L, General Manager at Quality Inn Newark, responded to this review, 22 January 2014
I am pleased you enjoyed your brief stay with us, and was able to enjoy our breakfast.
I hope that we might see you again in the future if you travels brings you back to our area.
San Antonio

4 Highway noise all night long
5 Room card has to be programmed every day
6 Rooms stink
7 No HD on the TV 8 channels of sports
If you stay here after this review, I warned you.

• Stayed November 2013
3 Thank Perry H
Reviewed 14 November 2013 via mobile

Upon reading the negative reviews of this hotel, I have to question what they truely expect. It's a very nice Quality Inn. I have stayed at worse for more money. My BF and I travel for his work. We travel 28 days with a week break. The hotel is very clean, I never noticed ANY smells and the staff is friendly. I honestly believe that if someone is complaining that a towel isn't absorbent enough for them, they really need to reconsider staying at a hotel in period. Good job, keep it up.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank leabug85
The staff and I thank you for your comment regarding your previous stay at the Quality Inn, in Newark Delaware.
We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and our accomodations met your expectations, and we hope that you will consider staying with us again if your travels brings to our area.
Clarks Summit, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

After a long bumper to bumper trip on the PA turnpike, it was really nice to be greeted by a smiling woman named Vivian at the front desk. She was so pleasant! Not only was Vivian pleasant, but so was the fresh smell that hit me as soon as I entered. The room was clean and very nice. Our beds were comfy and I slept great after the long drive. Although not super close to UD, the drive to the University wasn't bad at all. The breakfast the hotel served hit the spot- scrambled eggs, sausage, neat cereal dispensers that my 9yr old loved, yummy raisin toast, okay coffee (not strong but I like it like that), yogurt, and make your own waffle. What I loved best was the older woman taking care of the breakfast station- she did a super job keeping the area clean and stocked and is a hard worker. ;) Check out was fast and smooth in the morning. I would definitely stay here again!!! Too bad I left my sweats in the bathroom hanging on the hook on the bathroom door :( I will call housekeeping in the am. Thanks for a great stay!!!

Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Tracy M
I just want to say you are welcome and thank you for your comments. Our staff takes pride In their work, and our breakfast attendant is a hard worker that would be hard to replace.
I hope that we might see you again if your travels brings back to our area.
Wantagh, New York
Reviewed 20 October 2013

From the start I was nervous about staying at the hotel because even the outside didn't look nice. When I got to the room it was extremely small and right away I noticed the window was off the frame so it was letting cold air in. Another problem with the room was the shower head was not fully connected to the wall so when moved it sprayed water across the entire bathroom. While I understand I was at a conference and the hotel was crowded the hotel was not prepared at all for the amount of people. They never had towels at the front desk, no extra pillows (if they did have them they were dirty), and room service never came. When I asked for someone to throw out our trash in the room one night they refused and said everyone was gone for the night. There were also stink bugs in the hallways and in the rooms themselves. Breakfast while free was bad as well. The waffles tasted sour and off and the bread products were stale. I was glad I was only at this hotel for three nights because I did not enjoy the stay at all. If possible my suggestion is to stay at the Courtyard Marriott!!!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Devils14
WENDY L, General Manager at Quality Inn Newark, responded to this review, 21 October 2013

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future. I apologize that breakfast standard was unexceptable, and the issue with the stink bugs, all though we do try to eliminate them as we see them in the hotel, somehow they always seem to get in.

If not with us, I at least hope you remain a loyal Choice traveler.