Quality Inn
US$157
US$152
Comfort Inn and Suites(Newark)(Great Value!)
US$108
US$145
US$139
US$129
US$120
All reviewsroom was cleanmanager chrisfront deskwafflesexercise roomminute drivestayed for one nightkey cardrefrigerator and microwavesoccer tournamentdelaware park casinoflat screen tvcoffee makerthe entire staffoutdoor poolpleasant staycomplimentary breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Sought shelter here from a snowstorm. The parking lot was not cleared from the previous snow. Luckily it did not freeze that night or I would have been slipping and sliding around. This hotel is in a shopping area and it is tricky too find. It is tricky to find the light to get out also. Because of the many parking lots with cement buttresses if there is snow down it would be easy to hit one of the cement islands in the parking lots. Would not recommend this as a place to shelter from a snowstorm because it is hazardous if there is 6 inches of snow down. Very easy check in. Nice person at the desk. The 3rd floor has an inside hallway with elevator access while the other floors are door leading directly outside. Did hear noise from the hallway but not very much. The bathroom was clean and the water pressure was some of the best I have had in a hotel lately. Shower was great!!!!. Room was clean. Bed was comfortable. The already had the heat on so when it was very cold out in February you did not come in a cold room with cold furniture that had to warm up. Heat was easily adjusted so it was not too hold nor too cold. Good TV. Able to get a good night sleep. They had blankets on the bed. In room coffee was good quality. Had to plug the coffee pot in the bathroom could not find electrical outlet in room. Microwave and refrigerator but refrigerator was not real cold, which I have found in most hotel rooms. Nice breakfast in the morning. Did not try the wifi but they gave you the code when you registered. The desk chair had a stain on it. I was planning on making this my safe haven hotel from the storm when traveling but I think I will look around and see what else is there. Reasonable price.

Room Tip: Ask .to stay on the 3rd floor. It has an anterior hallway.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank BB411
Reviewed 24 January 2014

I decided to check into the Quality Inn Newark for 5 nights this week as a respite from the snow and cold. Now I'm pretty fussy about cleanliness and furnishings...and I can state positively that the room and bathroom were very very clean and comfortable. The full breakfast was well done and a good way to start the day. The bed was comfortable and the linens were fresh every day. The front desk staff personnel were courteous and accommodating (as I decided each morning to stay "just one more day"!) One staff member even offered to help me carry in my computer and boxes in the heart of the snowstorm....now that's above and beyond the call of duty! My only suggestion would be to upgrade the television channel offerings....it seemed to be all sports and police shows. This Quality Inn is a great value for the money!

Room Tip: In times of heavy occupancy, check in early...otherwise you'll have to park on the side away from entrance to the rooms.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
WENDY L, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Thank you for your recent comments regarding your previous stay at the Quality Inn, in Newark, Delaware.
The staff and I are tdelightedt that you enjoyed your stay, especially through the Snow storm.
The staff takes pride in the cleanliness of the hotel, and want each guest to feel as if the hotel is their home away from home.
We all hope that we will see you again in the future, if you travels bring you back to our area,

Reviewed 12 January 2014

Doing some sight seeing in the area I found this hotel to be reasonable as all Quality Inn's are and within close proximity of our attractions. The included breakfast mini-buffet was as good as the others we have had and featured eggs and sausage.

Room Tip: Some rooms are located outside the main building, keep that in mind in foul weather.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
WENDY L, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2014

I am pleased you enjoyed your brief stay with us, and was able to enjoy our breakfast.
I hope that we might see you again in the future if you travels brings you back to our area.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

1 Beds are hard as the floor
2 Slowest internet ever
3 Mold in the bathroom
4 Highway noise all night long
5 Room card has to be programmed every day
6 Rooms stink
7 No HD on the TV 8 channels of sports
If you stay here after this review, I warned you.

• Stayed: November 2013
3  Thank Perry H
Reviewed 14 November 2013 via mobile

Upon reading the negative reviews of this hotel, I have to question what they truely expect. It's a very nice Quality Inn. I have stayed at worse for more money. My BF and I travel for his work. We travel 28 days with a week break. The hotel is very clean, I never noticed ANY smells and the staff is friendly. I honestly believe that if someone is complaining that a towel isn't absorbent enough for them, they really need to reconsider staying at a hotel in period. Good job, keep it up.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank leabug85

The staff and I thank you for your comment regarding your previous stay at the Quality Inn, in Newark Delaware.
We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and our accomodations met your expectations, and we hope that you will consider staying with us again if your travels brings to our area.