“Hoping renovations fix things...”

Residence Inn Wilmington Newark/Christiana
Ranked #16 of 24 Hotels in Newark
Seattle, WA
“Hoping renovations fix things...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013

We stayed as a family of 4 in the 2 bdrm unit. On the first morning we all took showers... the 1st two got hot water then we had only cold water. I called the front desk and they said we could use another room... then we returned later that night and our room hadn't been cleaned and we had no clean towels. My husband went to the front desk and they apologized and then gave us bonus Marriott points. We did receive a note from maintenance that said "only a 38 gallon water tank in the units"... 4 people and 38 gallons aren't alot. Breakfast was good and hot... would stay again... just take quick showers!

• Stayed April 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2013 via mobile

What an awesome place for my son and I to spend the night. We had a lot of "hotel" time, he took the TV by the bed and I had the TV in front of the couch. Lots of room to chill. Very clean and AWESOME beds. Breakfast was awesome as well and had pretty good coffee! I highly recommend this hotel and would stay again for sure. Very friendly staff.

Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2013

The family was driving from Boston to Florida and stopped here on the way. It was very easy to get to and the staff was great. Easily accommodated a family of 5 or more. The breakfast was very good and the room was clean. Would definitely stay here again on the trip down towards Washington/ Balt area

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2013

I wanted to reserve a room for my hubby for Valentine's day but most of the hotel was either booked or way overpriced. So, as I kept trying, I came across Residence Inn. It was available so I booked for two nights. And I am so glad I did. When we arrived, the staff at the front desk was very friendly and helpful. Upon check-in, one of the staff provided us with Valentine's Day cookies and a soup of your choice. Which I thought that was nice. After the check-in, we went to our room. I must say the room was really spacious and clean. It was definitely home away from home. Kitchen with full size appliances, big living room, wonderful king sized bed, bathroom was a little small but hey, everything else outweighed that issue.

I would like to recommend you book a room with the fireplace so you can make it a perfect night to get cozy with your special someone. ;)

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2013

This Residence Inn is setup like a Condo Complex.. 6ish per building. I would recommend this Residence Inn for extended stays. Really large room .. like a big studio with bed/living room/tv area all in this big room. The Kitchen's are open to the Living room. King bed had just 1 TV 2 Queens had 2 big tV's. Staff was very friendly and helpful, standard Marriott complimentary breakfast which is nice .. saves time and is included in the price. I paid $114 per night, in the summer time there is a pool and BBQ's by the front desk area.

I'm sure you can find a less expensive hotel in the area ... makes sense for a night or 2 .. but if you are staying for a few days or a week or more the Residence Inn is a good bet anywhere.

Room Tip: There is a highway close by which can produce some noise..
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Waynesboro, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2013 via mobile

What a great stay - I usually stay at one of the Wilmington Courtyard hotels but they were booked so I ended up at this Residence Inn and what a delightful surprise. The evening receptions were appreciated, breakfast was great, the staff was friendly and even the exercise room was well equipted (for this level of hotel). Now I have a conundrum - where do I stay on my next trip to Wilmington :-)

Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Mashantucket, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2012

After a horrible experience at another Residence Inn I was ready to cancel this reservation altogether. I'm glad I didn't. When we arrived the front desk was cheerful and provided us with a gift bag. it contained 3 cold waters.

The complex is set up more like condos than a hotel. Each room has it's own exterior entrance. We were able to park just a few feet from the door of our unit which made unloading a breeze. The room is huge. The door opens into a sitting area with a desk and couch that faces a fireplace. Behind the couch is a full kitchen with an attached table that acts as a breakfast bar. it was stocked with a full service for 4. There is plenty of space to walk around the couch even with the queen size bed pulled out. On the far wall is a king size bed and a cozy bathroom. The vanity area is separate from the toilet and shower.

You could easily fit 2 cots in the room in addition to the sofa and bed. It was so nice to have a place to stay where they actually honored my reservation as it was done. We only stayed one night so I don't know how the housekeeping or breakfast is. Regardless I would recommend this Marriott.

Room Tip: Great size rooms for the price.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family