“Overnight in Rehoboth”

Ranked #6 of 27 Hotels in Rehoboth Beach
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Overnight in Rehoboth”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

Hotel Rehoboth is the combination of a great location and a fantastic hotel. The staff is friendly and eager to help with anything. The rooms are wonderful, with great beds and large bathrooms. The hotel is in a prime location, a few minutes from the beach on foot. Great place!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay at Hotel Rehoboth and for taking the time to share your positive feedback

We are pleased to hear you enjoyed the location, accommodations and that our staff helped make your stay a little nicer.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel Rehoboth again soon.

Best Regards,

Hotel Rehoboth Management and Staff

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
New Haven, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

Great service, great time, great hotel. My friends and I had a great time hanging out -- the location is amazing. Also, they have complimentary coffee which is a huge play early in the morning. Could not recommend this hotel higher.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your wonderful feedback and hotel recommendation.

We are glad you and your friends enjoyed the location and stay in Rehoboth and we look forward to welcoming you back anytime.

Warm Regards & Thank you,

Fairfax, Virginia, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2014

We stayed here for a long weekend off season. It was a nice hotel. The room was very large and bright with a large bathroom. The room and bathroom were both well appointed and comfortable. Staying here off season was fine. I think I would have a problem staying at the height of the summer though. The problem is that since the hotel is right on the street you hear all of the street noise. We had a corner room in the back facing the residential street. We assumed that would be quieter than the front facing the main drag. Perhaps it was, but we were still awoken at 7:00am Friday morning by the trash truck going down the residential street, beeping as it backed up, rattling trash cans for about 30 minutes. Then Friday night/Saturday morning we heard all of the people coming back to their cars from the bars between midnight and 2am. Again, it was nice, the staff was polite, no complaints about the accommodations, and the noise problem was short lived in our case. I would just worry that there would be a lot more noise to contend with during the summer.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MFL703
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay at Hotel Rehoboth and for taking the time to share your evaluation of the property.

We are pleased to hear you enjoyed our accommodations, amenities and polite staff. We are deeply sorry that your sleep was disturbed by a trash truck on Lake Avenue and people talking too loud outside.

We look forward to welcoming you back anytime of year and wish you a wonderful Spring/Summer.

Sincerely Yours,

Lansdale, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

I must agree with a previous review. This hotel is lovely, but bills itself as a "Premier Boutique Hotel". They even went as far as putting it on the mat outside their main entrance. It could be that, quite easily, if the staff was better trained in customer service. The front desk person was pleasant but not welcoming. The cleaning staff was not friendly .And the breakfast room staff was totally indifferent. I greeted one person who just simply ignored me.Oh, and the breakfast was just OK. Not a "premier " experience. Yes, the reception area and our room were both nicely decorated and very clean.But I can get that elsewhere and not pay a "premium" price.I have rated this hotel only 3 stars because of the customer service aspect.

5 Thank cherokee65
Dear Guest,

It is always our aim to make our guests feel at home in a relaxing and warm atmosphere. However, according to your evaluation we must learn that there apparently have been some issues and lacks of service which we of course sincerely apologize for.

We feel deeply sorry that for some reason we failed to provide you with the excellent, caring service we are usually praised for.

I would very much appreciate it if you would contact me directly at info@hotelrehoboth.com so we can find out about the challenges you experienced during your recent stay.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Sincerely Yours,

Keith Martin
Hotel Rehoboth Manager
Ridley Park, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

I stayed at this hotel for the first time ever over the New Year holiday. The hotel was very clean. The staff was professional and helpful. They offer a wine and cheese reception each evening and a hot breakfast each morning. There is onsite parking and it is about a 15 minute walk to the boardwalk/beach. This hotel is located in close proximity to many shops and restaurants. We stayed in one evening and were able to borrow a few DVDs from the front desk to watch in our room. I travel often for business and typically stay and major chain hotels in order to accumulate points. I was pleasantly surprised with this boutique hotel and would stay here again in the future.

Room Tip: I stayed in a king deluxe room with a small sitting area. I was pleased with the extra space and lo...
2 Thank dawn_lyn
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us over New Years and for sharing your positive feedback.

We are pleased to hear you appreciated the wine reception, spacious guest room and location. We hope you will also join us during the warmer months when our beach shuttle offers a fun open air ride with beach chairs and towels provided complimentary to enjoy as well as pool etc..

We look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel Rehoboth anytime and wish you a wonderful - prosperous Year.

Best Regards,

Arlington, Va.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2013

Stayed here for an off-season weekend and had a great experience. It's a bit more expensive than many of the options in Rehoboth, but I think it's worth it. Large room, large bathroom, very clean, comfortable beds, appreciate the mini fridge. Across the street from Starbucks and Grub Grocery, which had good breakfast sandwiches. One block from Dogfish and two blocks from Henlopen City Oyster House; both are great choices for dinner. Only a few blocks from the beach, you're still a little bit removed from the tourist taffy shops. Basically the perfect location, in my opinion.

Santiago, Chile
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2013

In Rehoboth Beach for the marathon, I selected the hotel because its proximity to the start line. I was also encouraged by favorable reviews and intrigued by its “premier boutique hotel” marketing campaign. The “boutique” part was evident upon entering the lobby. There was a gathering of fellow guests enjoying wine and cheese. I did not partake in the festivities, but the sheer number of attendees suggests that it was a fan favorite.

I would qualify the check-in experience as amiable but not personable. I signed a registration card confirming the rate, and the associate pointed me to the elevators. Information about the hotel seemed to be on a need-to-know basis. I passed the delighted masses with their wine and cheese and proceeded to the elevator (singular). There is only one elevator in the hotel which made for some long waits.

The room was delightfully decorated and quite spacious. A few lights were on when I entered the room, and it never ceases to amaze me how this can enhance the first impression. When it’s dark outside, and it’s been a long day, there is something to walking into a well-lit room and feeling like you are home. There were two chairs and ottomans, a desk, and king-sized bed. The décor exuded “beach boutique” – soft yellow and baby blue were the two primary colors, accentuated by a dark wood headboard and bedside stands. The furniture was in good condition. The bed was comfortable, although the rather thin comforter left me looking to generate my own body heat. Granted, it was a chilly December evening, and this is a beach hotel. If this was a ski lodge, then I would have cause to complain.

The bathroom was also generous in size. There were two sinks and abundant space for toiletries. Speaking of toiletries, the hotel provided Aveda products. These rank among my favorite, so I was thrilled to see the brand. The bathtub/shower was separated by the cost-efficient curtain. The shower curtain definitely does not lend itself to “premier”. My pretention aside, the bathroom was clean and representative of a fine hotel.

In terms of amenities, wireless internet was included. I connected to the network in seconds and found the speed to be more than adequate. The flat screen television included approximately 60 channels, although most were still of the analog variety. In addition to the aforementioned wine and cheese, breakfast is also included in the rate. I wasn’t particularly enchanted with the offerings or lack thereof. The hot items consisted of potatoes, ham, and oatmeal. There was a small assortment of pastries and cereals. I would qualify the breakfast as on par with Hampton Inn or Fairfield Inn. On the plus side, breakfast hours were extended due to the marathon – a much appreciated gesture.

Since it was the off-season, the pool was closed, and the beach chairs were in the parking garage. Speaking of which, there is no charge for parking. I’m pleased that this hotel has not adopted the nickel-and-dime approach which main big box hotels have embraced. I arrived early, so I did not have an issue finding a spot. However, when I returned to look for something in my vehicle, I noticed that all spots were taken. I also noticed a sign on the door – “Please observe the one car per guest room policy.” This seemed reasonable. I read further – “Unauthorized vehicles will be towed without notifying the owner”. This didn’t seem very welcoming. I couldn’t help but think that there is a more customer-friendly way to get across the same point. For example, “Please make sure you display the hotel parking sign to avoid an unfortunate tow”. My point is that the language exuded a negative vibe.

In summary, the rooms exceeded my expectation. The bathroom was quite spacious and contained my favorite toiletries. The price/value ratio, with the various inclusions, is reasonable. What’s not to like? There are a few issues which independently are inconsequential. However, when taken in the aggregate, the result is a four-star experience or just short of earning the “premier” billing.

Pros: Beach boutique décor, complimentary happy hour and breakfast

Cons: Amiable but not personable vibe, one elevator, breakfast on par with budget hotel

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo