“Fantastic”
Review of Hotel Rehoboth

Hotel Rehoboth
Ranked #7 of 27 Hotels in Rehoboth Beach
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I loved the shuttle to the beach. They provided beach chairs and beach towels. Free hotel parking. Outstanding service. The rooms were spacious and clean. The location is within walking distance to restaurants. We enjoyed our stay here and highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 15 June 2014

I went to this hotel for a wedding in Rehoboth. It was recommended by the bride. I loved the hotel! It was quaint and well appointed. They have parking for one car only per room. Public street parking is expensive and hard to find. But the hotel is in a good location - close to lots of shops and restaurants. I wish it were closer to the beach, but at least they have a cute little trolley to take you to the beach. The rooms are large and the beds are very comfortable. The bathroom was surprisingly big! The breakfast in the morning was good, considering it was complimentary. Not exactly a gourmet brunch, but enough choices to fill you up. Prices were reasonable for comparable hotels in the area. Over all, I really enjoyed this place and would return again if I had to stay in Rehoboth.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I wanted to update my Review that I did July 11, 2012. I'm not sure how to do that so I'm posting a new one. We had a second vacaction planned for June 26 for 3 nights. I called last week to find out that if I canc the room there is a $15 fee. I just think that others need to be made aware of this. #1 i'm calling way in advance, #2 repeat customer, #3 the reason I was told was its for pretty much paper work. Isn't everything done by computer. What costs $15- the front desk guy I'm sure just hit canc. I'm really upset and wanted to let other know.

My original review: not sure how to just update it
“Family babymoon”

Reviewed July 11, 2012

We had a great time at Hotel Rehoboth this past weekend. Let me start off by saying im 8months pregnant with a 2 year old.
The positives:
Room was clean, they did come for turn-down service, front desk staff was helpful, shuttle to the beach my daughter loved and was great, free internet, great location to the town

The negatives:
pool was closed and was really small and didnt look clean, no bellman to help with bags (with the room costing over $350 a night on a Sun-Tuesday stay this kinda shocked both of us), breakfast was no big deal but included so cant complain about it, no gym on site which i thought they said they have- local gym you can go for a small guest fee, No spa on site so cant rate it, beds we both thought were really uncomfortable (asked my husband since i didnt know if it was just that i was prego- my back was killing me after the first night), our room wasnt ready until 230 which again kinda shocked me since the hotel looked empty and we checked in on a Sunday.

We will def go back and did have a great time.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family Value

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank PTKIM4YOU
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We celebrated my husbands belated birthday with a trip to Rehobeth for the weekend. We had a lovely stay at the Hotel Rehobeth, the hotel was well appointed (had fridge, microwave, Keurig), very spacious, clean and comfortable. The location is right in the hubbub and its easy walking distance to lots of restaurants and shops. The staff was very helpful and accommodating. Breakfast was a real treat too! I look forward to staying here again!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I would like to say that this Hotel was beautiful and immaculate and the general ambience of the atmosphere of the Hotel was relaxing and soothing. The accommodations and bed were comfortable and the room was spacious.

However, there was an incident with just one employee at the front desk that ruined the whole stay at this Hotel. I do not know why the owners of such a lovely place would not train their front person in accordance with what hospitality truly should be and how to greet arriving guests. We were treated on arrival as rude as possible from just this one person. He referred to my party verbally as "pushy" because we were from Brooklyn, and simply ignored me upon my arrival until he was good and ready. Everything we asked for was a simple "no" from his lips. He made it obvious he did not like us in the few minutes we were there. At the prices this Hotel charges, I think we should have been treated as arriving guests and not people he did not want to assist or make feel welcomed after a 3 hour drive. When the reservation was made with a wonderful employee, it was explained we would be arriving early and could have towels and chairs. We asked about this and he said the storage room is locked, nothing is available. Every reasonable thing we asked of him was NO, he clearly hated the fact that we arrived early and made it obvious no accommodations would be given due to the nerve of arriving early. All we wanted to do was go to the beach with the chairs and towels. And then upon arrival of another employee he did accommodate us with the towels, chairs, and a drive to the beach -- thank you and so glad you arrived to rescue us from this very mad individual and nasty to boot.

Additionally, the pool is lovely but no umbrellas which is a problem for me and perhaps others, there is no shade. Wine and cheese offered in the afternoon does not include red wine only white, I only drink red. We were all family members (4) sharing a room, but all the amenities except towels were for two people, i.e. water, shampoo, conditioner, etc. I do not want to go to a place that worries about everything else but training this one person (everyone else was very nice and helpful), to be friendly and treat people with respect and tact. If one cannot accommodate all that is asked, then one should at least attempt to meet other simple requests without an attitude and insulting your guests. We were offered a 10% discount which comes to about $8.00 a person, just ridiculous, the $60.00 extra persons (2) in the room should have been waived.

We will not be back . . .

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We love this hotel. From the crisp linens on the bed to the granite counters in the bathroom, the hotel is first class. There is even a bathrobe in the closet. At 5:00 they serve wine, cheese and cookies in a very laid back atmosphere. Our room had a glimpse of the ocean and overall is in a great location. The place is very romantic and a terrific getaway any time of year.Also, we recommend staying here in October and enjoying the Rehobeth Beach Jazz Festival.

Room Tip: Room 402 had a view of the ocean. Also, room 309 has a balcony with a large chaise lounge.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 June 2014

A random choice from a google search turned into a wonderful time had by my wife and I. Celebrating our 21st anniversary, we found ourselves looking for a place to stay in Rehoboth Beach. Hotel Rehoboth turned up as an option and we couldn't have been happier with our choice. Located within a couple of blocks from the beach and lot's of places to eat, shop and get entertained, it was the perfect location to experience Rehoboth. Friendly staff, spacious rooms, good breakfast and even a fun wine and cheese get together each evening made this a memorable place to stay as we made new friends. We just checked out 2 days ago and are already telling others of our experience and planning our return visit.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple