“OK Hotel in a Great Location”
Review of Hotel Rehoboth

Hotel Rehoboth
Ranked #7 of 27 Hotels in Rehoboth Beach
Reviewed 15 August 2014

I stayed at the Hotel Rehoboth for two nights recently. My room was spacious, well appointed, and had a lovely view of Rehoboth Avenue. Despite overlooking a busy street, it was quiet and peaceful. The bathroom was large with a shower/tub combination and double sinks. The Aveda bath products were a nice touch.

The front desk staff was not especially friendly and always seemed rushed. They neglected to tell me information about the hotel when I checked in, and no one offered to help me with my luggage. Every interaction I had with them was somewhat disappointing.

Breakfast was a big disappointment. It was a buffet of english muffins, toast, fresh fruit, hard boiled eggs and yogurt. The coffee was so-so, and the breakfast room was dark and depressing. The rooms are expensive, and they should have served freshly baked pastries as well as a hot egg dish or two.

There's a shuttle to the beach which is really convenient because of the 15 minute walk to get there. The hotel provides beach towels and beach chairs, and the shuttle runs frequently.

I wouldn't stay there again. I prefer to stay in a hotel with friendly staff.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Wanderingafar

Reviewed 12 August 2014

We have stayed at the Hotel Rehoboth for the last 4 years and each year gets better. The staff are extremely accommodating, the rooms are the cleanest I've found and the service is outstanding. They offer a shuttle to take guests to and from the beach along with complimentary towels and chairs.The complimentary wine, cheese and home baked cookies are another special touch the hotel offers. We will continue to make the Hotel Rehoboth our only choice when coming to Rehoboth Beach.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

Just stayed there for a girls getaway. Everything was great. The place is immaculate ! Todd at the front desk provided outstanding service! All employees were friendly and helpful. My only suggestion is the hotel needs more parking. And the bar should open before 5pm :)

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

This hotel is beautiful and I would say it is a step up from almost all of the other hotels in the boardwalk area. The accomodations are quite luxurious. The hotel has excellent customer service as well.

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 3 August 2014

First stay at Hotel Rehoboth. Large room, nice amenities, off street parking and other nice touches. Also accommodated my storage need for a bike. Bed was very good. Breakfast was good and wine and cheese each evening. Easy walk to most areas. Shuttle to the beach too.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I stayed here in the Fall and I really enjoyed it (I wrote a review). I decided to stay here again in the Summer. Obviously, the area and hotel were more crowded during the peak season. The hotel was just as enjoyable this time (although I prefer the Fall w/less crowds). The lobby is warm and inviting with seating areas, a fireplace, a T.V., and a piano. There is a small area with white wine, cheese, and crackers in the early evening. There is a breakfast room on the 2nd floor with a few breakfast items available (coffee, juice, toast, yogurt, etc) in the morning. I upgraded the room this time to one with an open balcony overlooking the main avenue (the front of the hotel). The balcony consisted of 2 oversized chairs and a table. The balcony easily fit 2 people. I enjoyed sitting outside often. While there was some traffic/noise, it was minimal. If complete quiet is a must, book a room without a balcony (located in the back of the hotel). The room itself was very nice (just like the previous stay). The room was spacious, including a couch, coffee table, chair with an ottoman, and a desk with a chair. The beds were clean and comfy. The bathroom was clean and spacious. The bathroom had a nice tub/shower combination with a double vanity (and a make up mirror). The towels were nice and soft. I truly like this hotel. If I return to the area again, I will stay here again. While parking in Rehoboth can be difficult in the summer season, it is convenient at the hotel. They have an underground parking garage with an elevator. The hotel's location provides easy access to mainly everything in the beach area.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 July 2014

My family has stayed at Hotel Rehoboth on all of our recent trips to the beach. There have been several changes since our last stay (or maybe I'm just not remembering them), including the complimentary wine and cheese at 5pm and the continental breakfast in the morning. Since we arrived around 6pm, the wine and cheese were a great way to unwind before a late dinner. One thing that was a little frustrating was that when we arrived there was only one person working at the front desk so it took a while to check in.

The rooms at Hotel Rehoboth are gorgeous. My mom and I had a suite with two queen beds that was incredibly spacious! The beds were comfortable and the bathroom had everything you would need, too.

The breakfast in the morning wasn’t great, but I appreciate the addition of breakfast to the hotel (or maybe it has always been there and I just don’t remember it).

Because of the distance to the beach, there is a shuttle from the hotel right to the Maryland Avenue entrance of the beach. Because we only stayed one night, the hotel staff gave us a little grief the next morning when we asked to get two towels and chairs for the beach. This really bothered us, because we paid a lot for the hotel room and didn’t think we were being unreasonable.

Additionally, we were told upon arrival that we could keep our car parked at the hotel after we checked out while we were at the beach. However, the staff on duty when we checked out were upset that we were told this. However, they reluctantly agreed to let us keep our car parked in the lot.

All in all, aside from the somewhat unfriendly staff, Hotel Rehoboth is great. Its location gives Rehoboth Beach a quieter feel, yet you are just minutes away from the boardwalk hustle and bustle.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family