“Good family seafood restaurant”
Review of Crabby Dick's

Crabby Dick's
Ranked #33 of 282 Restaurants in Rehoboth Beach
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 14 October 2013

There are better seafood restaurants in the area, but this is a great choice with family. I had the crab cake sandwich and it was plenty of crab with just a little of cake. Service was solid and very attentive. The restaurant has a classic fish house atmosphere. The best way I can describe it is it is the Cracker Barrel of fish joints.

Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

Service was awkward and slow, and the menu was overpriced. Had a buy one get one coupon that the server said that he would "take care of", only to have the manager to come out when it came time for the bill and say that she could not accept it. The expiration date was still good and it had their exact address on the coupon with no reason to not accept it. Waiter took ten minutes to bring our boxes and check (probably ashamed that he couldn't make good on his word), and not to mention the food was wayyy overpriced for the less than average food. Bottomline, just go to cracker barrel.

3  Thank jonthegreat13
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We stopped for lunch on the way home from Bethany Beach. Our server, Marquis, was excellent. I had the Surf and Turf Burger...very good, nice pieces of crab meat.My wife had the crab cake, also very good. The sign outside suggested a Bloody Mary, also very good. Crabby Dick's is surrounded by outlet malls; my suggestion is this is a grat place to unwind from battling the shopping masses. I'd like to stop here again next time we're in Deleaware.

Reviewed 13 October 2013

Tried it twice. Service the first time was poor and the second time good. The Alaskan crab legs are quite good, as is the crab soup. The $1.69 Bohemian beer was reportedly good according to my dinner - mate; I tried the special Bloody Mary which was much too peppery and spicy. The place is charmingly tacky. I really would give it a 3.5 and I would go there again for the crab legs.

Reviewed 12 October 2013

My husband and I went out for dinner before going to a movie and were pleasantly surprised at the caliber of food here. The crab cakes were outstanding and the corn on the cob so sweet it came in the husk and needed nothing added to it. They started us with popcorn with old bay seasoning which we couldn't stop eating. I loved the room we were in- the Bimbo Lounge, a dark room decked out with overstuffed wing backed chairs, velvet curtains and pinups on the walls.
As much as we enjoyed our dinners, I did have some issues which began when we came on the door. We walked in and gave my name and a party of 4 ladies walked in behind us. We stood and waited for a while and then the hostess called the 4 to be seated.I mentioned it that they seated dining room that was no where near full to our table, so I don't know what they were making us wait for. Our waitress was a sweet girl who I think was trying hard but I waited 15 minutes for a glass of wine. I had ordered 1 crab cake for dinner and the kitchen sent out two. When I mentioned it, the waitress asked me if I wanted her to take the other back and only charge me for one. I apprehensively said yes and she went to the kitchen and came back with a styrofoam box. As I was putting the crab cake into it, I said, you know "you can't resell this,right?" and she said, "oh no, you can stick you finger in it, I am just going to throw it out." I didn't stick my finger in it and I truly did not want it, one was more than enough, but I thought it strange for her to recoup it to take back to the kitchen. In a situation like that the usual response is for them to just not charge you. The last thing that drove me crazy was that she dropped the check without removing a single dish in front of us. I watched her do it to a table near us earlier and thought she was just busy but by the time she gave us our check she was not. A good manager would be all over their servers for doing that.. so I blame them for poor training. Despite these last items, we enjoyed our dinner and would definately go back. I would have rated them closer to 5 without the seating and service issues.