“great hotel & fabulous price!”

Rodeway Inn & Suites
Ranked #12 of 14 Rehoboth Beach B&B and Inns
pa
“great hotel & fabulous price!”
Reviewed 30 October 2009

What a huge room, 2 king size beds, very nice & clean! We got an unbelievable deal on this room! The staff was nice & helpful! I would stay here again! It is right in the middle of everything, close to the beach & surrounded by the outlets!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 25 August 2009

As other people write, the rooms are nice and spacious. They also were clean. But the staff and service was terrible.
1. Wireless internet didn't work. We went to the front desk and complained. The guy at the desk didn't do anything about it. The next evening we complained to the same guy, who told us that other rooms had also complained, so he was going to call the manager. This means he didn't believe us the first day and was very slow on taking appropiate action.
2. The first day we went to the breakfast there was no coffee, no milk, no juice, no bread. In short, there were only were non perishable items: plastic cups and trays, packages of sugar, prepacked cereal. We asked for coffee. The staff member (the same guy as in the evening!) told us he would make coffee. After 15 minutes he said that the machine was broken. Now I read here that you are supposed to go to the breakfast in the hotel next door on weekdays. Nobody of the staff informed us about this. Lousy staff!!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Rehoboth Beach hotels

Lancaster
Reviewed 2 August 2009

We booked a room for Thursday through Tuesday and PAID IN FULL when we booked the room. We got to the hotel stayed one night, went out on Friday and went back to our room and our room key didn't work. !!! We went to the front desk and they said we had to pay another $87 because we were staying on a Friday night. We showed them the receipt that we were paid in FULL but the front desk staff insisted that they can add charges whenever the area hotels are all booked. This was the craziest thing I ever heard so I demanded to talk to a manager. The mangaer was not in so they got another crazy person that said that even though we paid when we booked the hotel, they still wanted extra $$ because of this being a Friday. After spending over an hour going back and forth, they finally decided to call the hotel manager who finally gave in and agreed that we were paid in full, per the price we were quoted ($129 per night). We never should have been given such a hassel in the first place and we missed our dinner reservations in Ocean City. We went to this hotel for the past 6 years but will NEVER stay here again.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
Silver Spring, MD
Reviewed 8 July 2009

This Rodeway has it all for a great price...............outdoor pool, continental breakfast (cold cereals, oatmeal, toast, muffins, donuts, english muffins, juice, coffee) laundry facility, across the street from and next door to outlets, Cracker Barrel in same parking lot, across the street or close to many other restaraunts such as Outback, A&W, Applebees etc. So much to do in the area from Lewes, Rehoboth, Dewey, well under an hour from Ocean City even with quite abit of traffic. We ate everywhere from Ocean City to Lewes, did waverunners in Dewey and Ocean City, 5 minutes from beach, shops, restaraunts in downtown Rehoboth. If you want a lower cost hotel so you can use your money to have fun, this would be a great place. Don't stay expecting an experience of staying at a higher brand hotel. I heard one man complaining about the breakfast...........but he can't expect a "Hilton" experience when paying a fourth of the price! (crazy!) We were very surprised how large the rooms and living area/kitchen were in the two suites. We had a family game night and all 13 fit fine in 1 suite for that. (had 3 rooms) We were happy with the hotel, the few things we needed changed or help with.........all we had to do was ask and the staff or management helped right away. (extra towels, more donuts in breakfast area etc) If you want/need a fancy or large bathroom, you will not be happy here. We figure most of our time is at the pool, beaches, eating out, shopping and having fun, so we would rather spend our money out than stay in a high price hotel when we are only there for sleeping.

1 Thank lmsullivan1
Beaver, PA
Reviewed 29 June 2009

Rooms are recently updated, spacious, comfortable. Not luxury living, but it was a great VALUE. Beds are comfy. but I was glad to have my own pillow. As a family of six, the spacious two-room suite was just what we needed! Rooms were spotless when we arrived. It actually is much better than the pictures show. There's a cute balcony or patio in back. Very quiet location, right near outlets. FYI: While in Rehoboth Beach, DO NOT eat at Lazy Susan's down the highway-lousy service, overpriced, under-flavored food. Sounds strange, but the best meal we had was at the IHOP just a couple of blocks down the road. Service was great, big portions and surprisingly great food! During the day, your best bet for a cheap lunch is Subway's $5 foot-long menu. Anytime two people can eat for $5, it's a good thing! Be cheap, take a cooler with drinks to the beach and save big! That way, you might have money left to splurge on a $4.25 soft-serve cone or a tasty, ubiquitous, but overpriced Grotto Pizza. For fun, try a kayak ECO-tour with Coastal Kayak of Bethany Beach, about 25 minutes away. Easy paddle around the salt marsh, little risk involved, lots of wildlife-great staff. I'm from PA, so have never seen sea stars, horseshoe crabs and osprey in natural habitat. My 17-yr-old stated, "I'm not going to lie-I thought this would be lame, but it was really neat." You'll end up with filthy feet, definitely wear the loaner shoes they offer. With coupon from tourist guide, it was $40 per person. This was our splurge.

Maryland
Reviewed 28 June 2009

a 2-bed room with a patio. Ammenities included: swimming pool, mini fridge, microwave, blowdryer, coffee pot with coffee, radio that you could plug your ipod into, and a Continental Breakfast. Met nice employees, clean room, no insect problem. They took AAA and AARP discounts. Short drive to the beach. Worth the visit, will come back.

1 Thank oldermomm
Mountville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 22 May 2009

My Mom and I are adventurous and will try a whole range of hotels because as everyone knows, you can't judge a book by it's cover. We checked into the hotel on Friday, May 15th for one night. The entire hotel was very quiet and there were hardly any guests to be seen anywhere (the parking lot was totally empty except for a few cars). With this said, we expected to get great service and a clean hotel.

When we checked in, the front desk attendant, Barbara, was very nice and welcoming. We then went to our room and upon first entering, we were quite pleased. There were two double beds in the first room, as well as a couch, two dressers, a coffee table, tv and a night stand. There was a full size kitchen with tables, chairs, a desk and a full size refrigerator, a full size kitchen sink and a microwave (the microwave looked like it was literally from the 70's -- but no big deal, it worked). There was also a coffee maker in the kitchen. The bathroom was fine, except it did not have a trash can in it (yes, I'm an advocate of having trash cans in the bathroom). The separate bedroom in the back had two double beds, a dresser, a tv and a couple of chairs. Off of the bedroom, was a small patio, which had a table and two chairs.

Cleanliness issues: 1. When I pulled back the bed in the back bedroom, I found two black bugs in the bed. One was dead, one was alive. I don't think they were bed bugs. However, because of that, I couldn't sleep in that bed. I went to get in another bed and pulled the sheets back to find the sheets stained. I finally got in a third bed that appeared to be fine. 2. The table and chairs on the patio were filthy. My Mom and I had to get towels out of the bathroom to put on the chairs to be able to sit on them. I wouldn't touch the table or set anything on it. It was disgusting. 3. There were crumbled potato chips along the edges of the beds in the front room. 4. There was sand and sea shells along the edges of the beds in the back room. 5. I picked the tray up that was in the kitchen to take to breakfast the next morning so I could bring things back to the room and accidentally discovered a smeared oily film all over the bottom of the tray. I almost threw up because of the surprise and immediately went in and washed my hands. 6. The mirrors in the room look like they haven't been cleaned in a while. There were oily hand stains on the mirrors and what looked like splattered dry water or something. 7. In the breakfast room, the juice machine was out of order, so the only other thing available to drink was coffee.

I did call Barbara at the front desk and tell her about my concerns the night before we checked out. She told me she was sorry and that it would be best if we asked to speak to a manager the next morning. I think she should have handled the situation better and found someone to help her fix the problem if she, in fact, did not know what to do.

I would NEVER stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2009