“Sister getaway!”

Boardwalk Plaza Hotel
Ranked #5 of 27 Hotels in Rehoboth Beach
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We booked the room via the telephone. What a wonderful place. Cannot thank all the staff enough for their care. We will definitely be back. My sister and I have decided to take a yearly trip together and this is definitely on top of the list.

Room Tip: Ocean front would have been nice; however the ocean view was very nice as well. Our suite was room...
1  Thank linny551
BoardwalkPlazaGM, General Manager at Boardwalk Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Thank you for choosing the Boardwalk Plaza Hotel for your special sisters' getaway! Time spent with family is precious, and we are delighted that you will be making it an annual tradition to spend that time with us. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I am writing this hotel review for ANYONE & EVERYONE who is nervous about planning a "special" occasion for a loved one or family. With the economy and high prices, there are many who - like I - are naturally concerned about the high costs of staying at a resort hotel on the beach and, yet, desire to "experience" the luxuries of life and to enjoy the finer things of what life has to offer. Please recognize that, by no stretch of the imagination, am I rich. I am a teacher, but, I did have a strong desire to treat myself and the girl I love to a special, special weekend trip to Rehoboth Beach, Delaware on the boardwalk at the beach. WE had an experience at the Boardwalk Plaza and their famous Victoria's Restaurant that WE will CHERISH for the rest of our lives. YOU would be wise to choose the most exclusive and beautifully designed hotel at Rehoboth Beach -- THE BOARDWALK PLAZA!! PS: My girlfriend and I will stay at no other hotel in Rehoboth. Yes, it will be more expensive, but her happiness and my happiness is worth every penny to stay at this special location. I hope this review helps you because I spoke from my heart. Jimmy from Delaware.

Dear Jimmy,

THANK YOU (yes, in CAPS!) for your fantastic review of your special stay at the Boardwalk Plaza Hotel. We do strive to be "the greatest hotel in Rehoboth Beach" and it's always brings a smile to hear that we are meeting that goal.

Thank you, also, for encouraging people to not be apprehensive about booking our upper-end resort. When vacation time is at a premium, there is a great value in our beachfront location, superior amenities and our friendly service team.

We do delight in being a part of making our guests' stays memorable ones. Thank you, again, for letting us take a part in making yours.

Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

What a wonderful stay! Concierge floor with a breathtaking Ocean front room! Beautiful accommodations, helpful and friendly staff. The place was clean, well managed and delightful. And located right across the beach. I'll definitely be back!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Boardwalk Plaza is a very well run hotel right on the beach. Their staff is SUPER friendly and will make every effort to satisfy. If I want to splurge and stay at a nice place, this is where I will go. I left my nightgown there by accident and after calling their lost and found, it was mailed to my home, no charge.

Room Tip: If you have all adults, you can stay on the fourth floor which has access to the roof-top hot tub.
1  Thank crocuslover
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Had a phenomenal weekend celebrating birthday in Rehoboth Beach at the Boardwalk Plaza Hotel. From the moment we arrived until check-out, all of the staff made us feel welcome; front desk, concierge, restaurant/bar servers, and maid service -- all staff at this hotel truly goes the extra mile to make your stay special! They knew we were celebrating, and even brought us a platter of champagne and fruit!! Truly a wonderful experience and would definitely come back.

Room Tip: We stayed on the concierge level floor, which is a bit more expensive but gave us access to the roof...
1  Thank M D
Reviewed 17 May 2014

This hotel is just wonderful in every way. The staff is so professional and friendly from the front desk to the lovely man who cleans the parking lot. The hotel is immaculate in every corner of the building. The housekeeping staff are like the mice in Cinderella.....quick, quiet and thorough. The food is amazing and beautifully presented. Everything we have eaten has been so well prepared and fresh. Simply the best fried oysters ever. Room service is the quickest I have ever experienced. The same menu as the restaurant, same price and same gorgeous presentation.
The beds are comfortable with 4 pillows each....2 firm...2 mushy on each queen bed. Each queen suite has a separate sitting room with a sliding door to the bedroom. My husband can stay up and watch the ball game while I snooze. I am an early riser so I can make a cup of coffee on the Keurig (in each room) and sit on the balcony listening to the ocean while he sleeps in un disturbed.
Did I mention the view? Spectacular ocean views. Comfortable balcony that feels private. We arrived on Mother's Day weekend and the town and the boardwalk were like an ant farm, but everyone was well behaved. Despite crowds of people we were never disturbed by noise, even sitting on the balcony. The hotel was fully booked and we hardly saw anyone. Our room was even over the restaurant and we never heard a peep.
We are from Rhode Island and are seasoned travelers.
It's always a gamble when you are making travel plans blindly. You do not have to worry about the Boardwalk Plaza Hotel, it will not disappoint.

Room Tip: The front side is great 200 and up. 206 was a great room. We heard no noise from the hotel, restaura...
1  Thank CJJones2014

Thank you so much for your five-star review. Your kind words and encouragement are truly appreciated! Everyone enjoyed the pat-on-the back (we were tickled by your reference to the mice in Cinderella) and we are very glad to hear that you took a chance on the Boardwalk Plaza Hotel during your travels.

We are so pleased that you enjoyed the property as well as the service of our team, and we hope to host you again in the future.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

This review is about the concierge, Tom.

My sister, mother and grandmother went to the hotel for a mothers day lunch on Saturday May 10th. As we were leaving, Tom the concierge approached us and offered to give us a tour of the hotel. He was very pleasant and upbeat and you could tell he loved his job. He took us on a tour of the entire hotel, including the rooftop lounge. When we were on the rooftop, he offered to take a picture of the 4 of us with the beach in the background. Then he took us over to the little cottage and took pictures of the 4 of us again in the garden and a picture of my grand mom next to an old fashioned stove. He had us laughing the entire tour and we truly enjoyed ourselves. His enthusiasm for his job was refreshing and made us want to come back and stay at the hotel next time, even if its just for a weekend!

1  Thank Katie R